• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plant’s Best and Worst Matchup

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
Name who you think Plant’s best and Worst matchups are. Explanation required. For best I have Puff. We have some of the game’s best anti airs, she really can’t beat Ptooie, we kill her stupid early, die mad late, and can semi edge guard. Worst def Palutena imo. She invalidates our kit. She’s faster with better aerials, yet she can camp us out and has a reflector. Her air acceleration is ridiculous, her combo game is nuts, and we die consistently under 150.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I feel like the Plant would do great against Little Mac while completely at a disadvantage against K. Rool, Ness and Bowser.

Last edited:

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Ridley is really defenseless against Bayonetta players. I believe Luigi can absolutely destroy Mewtwo and Little Mac can wreck King Dedede players. I know skill kind of debunks these instances but I just believe some characters really have real weaknesses.
1. This thread is for PLANT
2. You need to give explanations

Reinigen

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 5025 7816 3801
Piranha Plant can win a lot of MUs as long as you can frame trap your opponents effectively for example: characters with reflectors(i.e. Palutena, Mario, Dr. Mario, Wolf, etc.); force ptooie into them and get a run-up grab or dash attack as well as get a good mix-up with your down-b as well just remember to space yourself properly so that you can at the right distance between your opponents for these options.

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
Plants worst MU by far is Snake. Holy ****e we get no room to do ANYTHING. Hi grenades boxes us in, he can avoid ledge traps entirely, has fast burst moves. He is HELL for plant. At least Palu can be ledge trapped, That ****** just flies right over them!

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
Plants worst MU by far is Snake. Holy ****e we get no room to do ANYTHING. Hi grenades boxes us in, he can avoid ledge traps entirely, has fast burst moves. He is HELL for plant. At least Palu can be ledge trapped, That ****** just flies right over them!
Snake is probably one of Plant’s best top tier matchups. We can detonate grenades on command with cloud which also deactivates Nakita. We should have a giant insurmountable problem winning neutral. And fairly enough, it’s no cakewalk and I won’t pretend that we win it. However, it becomes a lot easier since his best tool is neutered. Yep, poison blows up grenades, charged, uncharged or anything in between. You can also use a lot of floats and stalls you have to just generally bait him into doing stuff or try forcing an approach with poison. Also we can get in with an opening since we have a frame 6 dash attack and a projectile that does half his shield. Still, neutral is hard. Advantage against Snake is really good. We’re too heavy for him to grenade trade that often with us, and Plant’s advantage is really good already and is great at juggling. Not to mention we can exploit his high recovery pretty badly. Overall this matchup feels even or slightly in one or the others favor. Both kill off grab at 160, both beat the other pretty bad in disadvantage though Plant gets more out of it. Both also really don’t want to be IN disadvantage against the other since snake grenade trades will get him to general kill percentages for Plant faster than the other way around. Plant exploits his recovery better and gets slightly more out of advantage while, Snake wins neutral more often even if his neutral is hampered by the loss of grenades.

I think pika might be worst match up easiest being dk/bowser... palu is a problem like pikachu but mainly in front and you can call out reticle with stem reflector same more or less problem with pika is even when you call out jolt they're at frame advantage period... they get to dictate pace of match avoiding and cross you up with quick attack...camp.... combo you ...might as well get a coffee soon as tjolt lands

Top Bottom