• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plans for future Brawl hacking tools...

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
...when college doesn't take up my time:

- Finish up the Brawl Mod Launcher 2.3 XML and have full, working compatibility with both texture hacks and separate mods. Include another custom slot. *hint hint* Also bug someone (Paprika Killer?) into converting a PAL gameconfig.txt into Riivo XML to make a PAL Brawl Mod Launcher.

- A SFX patcher. It would essentially patch a hex file into smashbros_sound.brsar without a hex program or complicated steps. Think of it being my next big thing after the Custom Song Maker :laugh:

- SmashMods Riivolution server update. It's still stuck on a June 2010 update, and I have yet to update Brawl- from 1.5 to 1.6 or add Unstoppabrawl. Somebody threw out suggestions for texture packs, custom characters, etc... I may add that, if I can get a good idea of what to add :psycho:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
libertyernie did release a batch file that replaces SFX at their offset in the BRSAR
I made a little batch file to insert the sound effects automatically.
http://libertyernie.heliohost.org/hexreplace/sound.zip
Take the .exe and .bat files from this zip file and put them in the same folder with the three .rwsd files. Then drag and drop the smashbros_sound.brsar onto it. The batch file has Mewtwo's hex placements in it - it could be modified for other characters as well, easily.
You can include this with the Mewtwo SFX downloads or Mewtwo pack if you would like. The batch file and C program are both very simple.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Well, there goes that plan xD

I was gonna do a self-compiling one (where all of the hex replacements would be in the EXE), where you would only need to place the EXE and the BRSAR in the same directory and it would patch for you. This, however, seems easier...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I made a little batch file to insert the sound effects automatically.
http://libertyernie.heliohost.org/hexreplace/sound.zip
Take the .exe and .bat files from this zip file and put them in the same folder with the three .rwsd files. Then drag and drop the smashbros_sound.brsar onto it. The batch file has Mewtwo's hex placements in it - it could be modified for other characters as well, easily.
You can include this with the Mewtwo SFX downloads or Mewtwo pack if you would like. The batch file and C program are both very simple.
I think the link is either broken or not working.

And it's back up

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Anyone got some ideas on some possible stuff to throw in the Riivolution server? Cloud, Roy, etc? Any texture packs? I can't do music or SFX since I think it may strain the server a bit...

I'm making a list atm and will aim to get this out and on the Smash Mods server by October 8th :p

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I think I may be able to do it, given I know what I am doing (e.g. what/where to hex)

I'm still trying to make sense of the texture pattern post :ohwell:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
libertyernie did release a batch file that replaces SFX at their offset in the BRSAR
It seems that this batch is exclusive to Mewtwo and won't work for anyone else's SFX.
Why not make a version where the offsets are controlled by a txt document or something.

This way, it can be used for other characters like Lloyd.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
It seems that this batch is exclusive to Mewtwo and won't work for anyone else's SFX.
Why not make a version where the offsets are controlled by a txt document or something.

This way, it can be used for other characters like Lloyd.
Just edit the names and offsets inside the bat file. BAT files are just renamed TXT files.

Top Bottom