• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2016 Planning to attend EVO 2017

TheWolfBunny

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Patrick
3DS FC
2320-6699-6288
Hello guys. Sorry I was inactive for a while. I live in Las Vegas, right? That's where EVO is. And I have missed it twice too often. But next year is going to change that. Believe it or not, I'm actually going to try to take part of EVO 2017 so I can attend the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U tournament as Yoshi. YES. YOSHI. I'm training hard to take part of this, with and without custom moves. I'm learning how to air dodge most attacks then attack at the right time. I'm currently battling CPUs to help improve my training. The reason why I'm not doing For Glory online is because of online control lags. Can I really do this, you guys? Do I have what it takes to reach the top with Yoshi on my side? Believe in Yoshi, guys.
Give me all the positive wishes and all the good lucks I need to help me hopefully win EVO 2017.

DraconicPsycho

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DraconicPsycho
Greninja-San:4greninja: says, Dont go to EVO to win. Go to EVO to practice; To learn. Trying to win one of the biggest smash tournaments will leave you with a sour taste.

Also, Greninja-San:4greninja: says, dont practice with CPUs. You will develop "bot habits" and will lose your skill against real people. Try to go to locals, play with friends, or even do Anthers Ladder.

>Metα<

Smash Cadet
NNID
LuigiMario793
3DS FC
4124-5762-8357
Hello guys. Sorry I was inactive for a while. I live in Las Vegas, right? That's where EVO is. And I have missed it twice too often. But next year is going to change that. Believe it or not, I'm actually going to try to take part of EVO 2017 so I can attend the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U tournament as Yoshi. YES. YOSHI. I'm training hard to take part of this, with and without custom moves. I'm learning how to air dodge most attacks then attack at the right time. I'm currently battling CPUs to help improve my training. The reason why I'm not doing For Glory online is because of online control lags. Can I really do this, you guys? Do I have what it takes to reach the top with Yoshi on my side? Believe in Yoshi, guys.
Give me all the positive wishes and all the good lucks I need to help me hopefully win EVO 2017.
It may be a little far in the future from now but good luck and don't forget to have fun!

Greninja-San:4greninja: says, Dont go to EVO to win. Go to EVO to practice; To learn. Trying to win one of the biggest smash tournaments will leave you with a sour taste.

Also, Greninja-San:4greninja: says, dont practice with CPUs. You will develop "bot habits" and will lose your skill against real people. Try to go to locals, play with friends, or even do Anthers Ladder.
Lol, very true. When looking to perform well at tournaments (especially EVO), you don't want to practice against CPUs. They are very different from human players and you will develop bad habits.

Top Bottom