• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Placing mutiple Builds on the same SD(Homebrew Only)

Popthekirby

Smash Cadet
I've digging around in the LegacyXP files and finally figured out how they put seperate builds on the same SD.

First off:

Huge thanks to the Legacy team for making this possible!
With that out of the way, here's the tutorial

Things you need:

SD Root=/projectm/ [Legacy Team, ???]
06406920 0000000B
2F70726F 6A656374
6D2F0000 00000000

This Zip File
HxD(Hex editor)
Your codeset

Creating/Naming your folders
Firstly go into your apps folder and create a new folder to place the boot.dol. The name of this folder doesn’t matter.​

In the root of your SD card, Name the folder that will contain the build of your choice. This should be 8 characters long. Place your codeset(RSBE01) as well as the gc.txt in this folder as both will be read from here.​

Editing the boot.dol
Open the boot.dol I provided you in HxD. Search and replace every instance of “ProjectP” with the name of the folder containing your build. Save this and you’re done. (If you don't want to do this you can leave it as ProjectP, but you have to rename the projectm folder containing all the build astetics to ProjectP)​

This means that instead of the launcher looking for "ProjectP" It's now looking for "OurBuild"

Editing your code set
Using any option, insert the code I gave you into your RSBE01.gct​

With that code inserted open the Gct, Open it in HxD. Search for every instance of projectm and replace it with your build’s root folder name.​

Lastly search for “pr”, you should come across a line of code that says “pr`coj”, you want to replace the proj with the first 4 letters of your folder containing your build.
This will change the alt stage loader to load from the newly renamed folder.​

Save this and you’re done. You now have two separate builds on the same SD. This can be repeated multiple times to place multiple separate builds on the same SD. The only limit is the size of your SD card.

Last edited:

Bus Driver

Smash Rookie
In the root of your SD card, Name the folder that will contain the build of your choice. This should be 8 characters long.
This is where the contents of the projectm folder go correct?
Place your codeset(RSBE01) as well as the gc.txt in this folder as both will be read from here.
The gc.txt from your zip file or the gameconfig.txt from the project m build?

TheKirbyFan

Smash Cadet
how do i patch the gameconfig.txt if I use a Project M build that needs it's own custom gameconfig?

JohnnyPotato

Smash Rookie
I tried all of this, but PM just loaded Brawl. I restarted the process. Now instead of loading Brawl, It goes to the Wii Menu.

Do you know what's wrong? D:

Top Bottom