• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Eyyyyyy Lucas thread!

Reading all these posts of Mother 3 gameplay makes me want to play the game again...but, there's one problem. The person who introduced me to that game isn't my friend anymore and I'm still having a bit of trouble getting over her and disassociating Mother 3 (and the Devil Survivor games which she was obsessed with) from my memory of her. Particularly, since the friendship ended in a horrible way at the worst possible time in my life.

Halp. :c

Last edited:

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Drippy...

WHY DIDN'T YOU WAIT FOR ME, YOU MORON?

Anyways...

I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT THAT BONEY IS PLAYABLE LATER IN THE GAME OH MY GOD. I TOOK SO MUCH PICTURES AND ATE ALL MY FOOD ITEMS AS BONEY. YAAAAAAAAAY. Also, Lucas on shrooms was so funny. But then you get into the forest and start reading that dialog... wow.
Eyyyyyy Lucas thread!

Reading all these posts of Mother 3 gameplay makes me want to play the game again...but, there's one problem. The person who introduced me to that game isn't my friend anymore and I'm still having a bit of trouble getting over her and disassociating Mother 3 (and the Devil Survivor games which she was obsessed with) from my memory of her. Particularly, since the friendship ended in a horrible way at the worst possible time in my life.

I used to feel this way over Pokemon. :c Things will get better! You just gotta get P.K Lovin!
I can be your friend? :oneeye: (Don't it's a trapp!)

1/128

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chrono-Omega
Hey, I just finished Chapter 3!... And it was just... WOW. Fassad goes first in anyone's evilish bad guys list out there. Screw that guy. Seriously. Poor Salsa... BTW, I'm slowly realizing that Chapter 4 doesn't mean I'm at mid-game...

Drippy

Smash Ace
Drippy...

WHY DIDN'T YOU WAIT FOR ME, YOU MORON?

*insert Old Man Wess here*

Anyways...

I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT THAT BONEY IS PLAYABLE LATER IN THE GAME OH MY GOD. I TOOK SO MUCH PICTURES AND ATE ALL MY FOOD ITEMS AS BONEY. YAAAAAAAAAY. Also, Lucas on shrooms was so funny. But then you get into the forest and start reading that dialog... wow.
That dialogue was so dark =(

He's been in my signature for ages along with the playable characters
How do you have so many images in your signature? I'm only limited to five images, five lines. :(

Eyyyyyy Lucas thread!

That's really a shame because both video games are great series. I have never been a part of your situation so I wouldn't know what to say. I guess just know that you're going to have to get over it eventually, I honestly wouldn't let a person stop myself from doing what I want to do. Try to focus on getting over them because it seems like you're at the point where your main focus will be on that person other than the game and that's not a good mindset to have.

That reminds me that I own a copy of the actual Japanese cartridge. Maybe I should do my 3rd playthrough in a language I don't sp-bad idea.
I'm sure if you play the game enough then you'll memorize the dialogue haha. On the other hand I'm going to get a English cartridge, especially since there's a Hard mode that the translator included for fun.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

How do you have so many images in your signature? I'm only limited to five images, five lines. :(

That's really a shame because both video games are great series. I have never been a part of your situation so I wouldn't know what to say. I guess just know that you're going to have to get over it eventually, I honestly wouldn't let a person stop myself from doing what I want to do. Try to focus on getting over them because it seems like you're at the point where your main focus will be on that person other than the game and that's not a good mindset to have.

I'm sure if you play the game enough then you'll memorize the dialogue haha. On the other hand I'm going to get a English cartridge, especially since there's a Hard mode that the translator included for fun.
Honestly, I feel like deleting her friend card from my 3DS would definitely help in getting over her. She lives in another state and is engaged anyway...

There's only one issue on the 3DS front. It was confiscated by my mom before the friendship with the person ended because at that time I couldn't control my playing. And now said 3DS has vanished. I hope it can be found soon, because I don't think I can transfer my account to a new 3DS without the serial number on the box (I threw away the box :facepalm: ). I once lost a Kirby's Return to Dreamland copy and it was nowhere to be found, forcing me to buy a new copy. I hope that won't happen with my 3DS...

Drippy

Smash Ace
Honestly, I feel like deleting her friend card from my 3DS would definitely help in getting over her. She lives in another state and is engaged anyway...

There's only one issue on the 3DS front. It was confiscated by my mom before the friendship with the person ended because at that time I couldn't control my playing. And now said 3DS has vanished. I hope it can be found soon, because I don't think I can transfer my account to a new 3DS without the serial number on the box (I threw away the box :facepalm: ). I once lost a Kirby's Return to Dreamland copy and it was nowhere to be found, forcing me to buy a new copy. I hope that won't happen with my 3DS...
That's definitely a first good step to take in forgetting about her and just stay strong my man (woman?). Also I hope you find your 3DS soon, I treasure my 3DS a lot because of all the games I have on it including it was like the first handheld / console I bought with my own money.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That's definitely a first good step to take in forgetting about her and just stay strong my man (woman?). Also I hope you find your 3DS soon, I treasure my 3DS a lot because of all the games I have on it including it was like the first handheld / console I bought with my own money.
I'm a girl. Born and raised. :b

I'd also hate to lose all the DLC and eShop games I bought on it and my NNID so...who knows, it may show up right under my nose in a common place. I hope so..

Drippy

Smash Ace
I'm a girl. Born and raised. :b

I'd also hate to lose all the DLC and eShop games I bought on it and my NNID so...who knows, it may show up right under my nose in a common place. I hope so..
I wish you luck in finding your 3DS m'lady! *tips fedora*

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

When Smashboards initially switched it layout, the picture cap was removed since I guess it wasn't installed yet, if I try to change it now the error pops up. :laugh:

Drippy

Smash Ace
So I'm playing Mother and the game isn't bad (and I just found out how to talk instantly without going menu -> talk) but holy crap the encounter rate in this game is like 99%. I literally move a pixel and a random mob fight.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Just started re-playing Mother 3 for the millionth time and the start :cry::cry::cry:

Guess ill start posting in these again. Where the old faces at?
How old are we talking about? I was lurking since the begining and posted around page 20 :3 I can be special!
(Then I started to lurk again after the Smash 4 roster was leaked on Twitch)

Edit: Never look back at your past posts, especially if you have just over 100. You can see all your cringe-worthy posts. Oh and Page 16 I joined acting like an idiot.
I have no life.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'm gonna work on turning Mother 3 sprites into smilies for us to use in this social today.

BONEY SPRITES FOR EVERYONE!

Just started re-playing Mother 3 for the millionth time and the start :cry::cry::cry:

How old are we talking about? I was lurking since the begining and posted around page 20 :3 I can be special!
(Then I started to lurk again after the Smash 4 roster was leaked on Twitch)

Edit: Never look back at your past posts, especially if you have just over 100. You can see all your cringe-worthy posts. Oh and Page 16 I joined acting like an idiot.
I have no life.
I'm gonna go look at all your old posts now. This'll be fun!

So I'm playing Mother and the game isn't bad (and I just found out how to talk instantly without going menu -> talk) but holy crap the encounter rate in this game is like 99%. I literally move a pixel and a random mob fight.
That sounds really annoying. I've never played Mother, only Mother 3. How's the game so far?

Drippy

Smash Ace
I'm gonna work on turning Mother 3 sprites into smilies for us to use in this social today.

That sounds really annoying. I've never played Mother, only Mother 3. How's the game so far?
BONEY EMOTES!? I'D LOVE YOU FOREVER <333

Oh and Mother isn't as bad as I thought it would be, sure the graphics are bad but they aren't so horrible that it'd drive me away from playing it. There's still a little bit of silly dialogue but I'm not super far so there's not much interaction with NPCs. Some minor stuff is there's a lot of houses you can't enter and it's mainly there just for design, and sometimes when I try to go through a gap between like two trees, it won't let me go through it even though my character would fit through so it's like a invisible wall. Lastly there's not a equipment tab so you have to go inventory -> use to equip a item, so far there hasn't really been any free healers (like in Mother 3 when you can talk to a bed or a NPC to heal you for free) and I honestly don't think there will be one, and it's so annoying you have to go -> Menu -> Inventory -> Click ATM Card -> Use just to use the ATM machine. Oh yea and you already know about the insane spawn rate, I'm not joking sometimes you can walk a pretty far distance and not encounter any enemies, sometimes you'll be stuck in the same spot for like 5 minutes trying to get out.

Also did I spoil Mother 3 for you or did you already beat it? I wasn't aware that Mother 3 was your first and only Mother game. And if you do decide to pick up Mother, just be aware that the beginning of the game and I mean the very beginning like first few minutes is pretty difficult. You barely have any PP to heal yourself and the enemies early in the game can destroy you pretty hard, especially the Redneck. Of course after you make it to the city things get easier because you don't encounter enemies in the city and you can finally access a hotel in stuff, I should warn you that you'll be grinding a lot for money because equips are expensive and you'll need to go to the Inn quite often early in the game. Now I'm at the point where I grinded so much that I have an abundant amount of extra money but honestly it wasn't my fault, it was the insane spawn rate. =(

I watched a play through of Mother 1and played the following 2
You should really play Mother 1, in my opinion it's a completely different experience from playing it than watching it.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
So I just found out that I can pre-order the Lucas Amiibo in store.

Yeeeesssssss.

Now I just gotta find $20 to cough up to get it >_> :p
What country is this!? My Gamestop won't let anyone preorder Amiibos until the preorders are open everywhere. I wish I could secure Lucas ASAP.:(

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
BONEY EMOTES!? I'D LOVE YOU FOREVER <333

Oh and Mother isn't as bad as I thought it would be, sure the graphics are bad but they aren't so horrible that it'd drive me away from playing it. There's still a little bit of silly dialogue but I'm not super far so there's not much interaction with NPCs. Some minor stuff is there's a lot of houses you can't enter and it's mainly there just for design, and sometimes when I try to go through a gap between like two trees, it won't let me go through it even though my character would fit through so it's like a invisible wall. Lastly there's not a equipment tab so you have to go inventory -> use to equip a item, so far there hasn't really been any free healers (like in Mother 3 when you can talk to a bed or a NPC to heal you for free) and I honestly don't think there will be one, and it's so annoying you have to go -> Menu -> Inventory -> Click ATM Card -> Use just to use the ATM machine. Oh yea and you already know about the insane spawn rate, I'm not joking sometimes you can walk a pretty far distance and not encounter any enemies, sometimes you'll be stuck in the same spot for like 5 minutes trying to get out.

Also did I spoil Mother 3 for you or did you already beat it? I wasn't aware that Mother 3 was your first and only Mother game. And if you do decide to pick up Mother, just be aware that the beginning of the game and I mean the very beginning like first few minutes is pretty difficult. You barely have any PP to heal yourself and the enemies early in the game can destroy you pretty hard, especially the Redneck. Of course after you make it to the city things get easier because you don't encounter enemies in the city and you can finally access a hotel in stuff, I should warn you that you'll be grinding a lot for money because equips are expensive and you'll need to go to the Inn quite often early in the game. Now I'm at the point where I grinded so much that I have an abundant amount of extra money but honestly it wasn't my fault, it was the insane spawn rate. =(
Hm... Mother sounds like it'd be more of a chore to play instead of actually being exciting and fun. I'll still give it a try, but it doesn't sound that great. It's really just due to being an outdated game, though. Hopefully it's good!

Mother 3 is my first Mother game, but the playthrough I'm doing right now is my second. I played through the game last year around August. However, during that playthrough, I skipped most of the optional bosses while grinding a ton, which made it sorta boring and slow, while making it way too easy because PK Ground. This playthrough I'm changing that, though, which is why the game has easily become my favorite of all time.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775

Yes please to Boney Sprites!! (More Wes?)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo not my awful posts!
Oh wait, everything I post is pretty awful xD

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Hm... Mother sounds like it'd be more of a chore to play instead of actually being exciting and fun. I'll still give it a try, but it doesn't sound that great. It's really just due to being an outdated game, though. Hopefully it's good!

Mother 3 is my first Mother game, but the playthrough I'm doing right now is my second. I played through the game last year around August. However, during that playthrough, I skipped most of the optional bosses while grinding a ton, which made it sorta boring and slow, while making it way too easy because PK Ground. This playthrough I'm changing that, though, which is why the game has easily become my favorite of all time.
To be honest I'm not that far in the game yet that's why there's not much good things to say about it. Really my main gripe about this game is the insane spawn rate however the translators for Mother 1 (I think it's the same guy / people for Mother 3 too actually) added a Easy mode, at the beginning of the game you can pick up a Easy Ring which gives increased XP , weaker monsters, and much lower spawn rate so if you want to play for the story only then you could always just use the Easy Ring.

Shaymikyu

I used to have some amusing gifs, like the Masked Man dancing. I dare not return to the Deviantart where they are, though. Maybe I have them saved somewhere... I don't think they even had a transparent background.

And here are some unused ones of Kumatora.

I think she was originally planned to be the final Magypsy.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
I used to have some amusing gifs, like the Masked Man dancing. I dare not return to the Deviantart where they are, though. Maybe I have them saved somewhere... I don't think they even had a transparent background.

I think she was originally planned to be the final Magypsy.
She's not fabulous enough to be one.

Shaymikyu

Look at all you luckyish people able to get Lucas in store.
Meanwhile I am only so lucky to find my Amiibo online.
Oh and hello friends.
This is my mandatory post for the day :)
It's fine- I failed completely to get Robin and Lucina.:cry:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I am stalking my store's site to snag a Lucas pre-order as soon as possible. At least I live in Sweden, so I wont have it as hard as some of you guys will. :(

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Holy crap I am so confused.

In the Australian direct, it said we would get the Ganondorf Amiibo in June, but it says the release date is in July >_>
Ganon Amiibo.PNG

Also, after I get a gamecube controller (Which is $50 over here btw) I think I'll save up to pre-order a Lucas and Mewtwo amiibo.....

Back from puking my guts out :120:

I missed a lot! Someone fill me in?

Also bless you Drippy for playing Mother. I tried that once and I couldnt because the devs set the encounter rate to "**** you" and locked it there.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Anyways...

That part of the game was genuinely super creepy and dark. Jesus christ.

Shaymikyu

That part of the game was creepy as heck.
Fassad (I believe it was Fassad) randomly popping up in the Hot Springs sometimes was fantastic, though.

Top Bottom