• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pixelcon! Results Up Now!!!: Awesome Tournament, Great Job! Tuscaloosa, 2012

GAwes

Hidden Boss
First and foremost, I'd just like to say a few general statements about the tournament. I've been extremely busy lately with school and work, and I knew this tournament would be fun, but I also thought it would be extremely stressful. I had no idea how much fun I would have and how much everyone would step up to help. The South is the best smash scene in the country. So many people did their part, so many people were so generously respectful. And truth be told this was my favorite tournament I've held, been to, or played in for years and years. I don't think I've had such a great time since 2007-8ish. I've been out of real practice for almost 5 years now, and even though I didn't beat anyone truly incredible in the tournament, I (as cliché as this sounds) am so happy to still feel relevant as a player, and yet happy as well to see how far and hard this game is progressing. Cliché again, but its a beautiful thing. Once again, before anything else. Thank you so much to everyone who came, I hope you had a great time, and more than anything I hope you'll come back in the fall for another big Tuscaloosa Tournament. Roll Tide.

Singles

1. Rice - $240
2. Chinesahhhhhhhhhhhhh - $120
3. Pikachad - $40
4. Soft
5. Fullmetal
5. ihavespaceballs
7. Nite
7. Joot
9. GAwes
9. Moogle
9. Mikey G.
9. Ron-o-Roni!!!
13. Cheap
13. OP
13. Flow
13. BBQ
17. BunBun
17. TheBoss4711
17. RAM
17. Saint Rage
17. TJ
17. Sk3ptik
17. Red Fox
17. CT

A Note on Teams: The Final Three Sets of Teams Didn't Actually Happen - The money was split with the team in WF (Soft and Mikey G) getting a representatively higher pot cut)
(There were a few hiccups, and a few problems that could have been resolved, but there were also a lot of people helping out the best they could with this tournament, and in 9 hours, the quality of tournament experience, at least in my opinion, was phenomenal. . . )

1/2/3 - Resting the best and besting the rest - Soft and Mike G. - $40

Berry Bunches - Pikachad & Moogle - $32.50

Dinner - RAM & Rice - $32.50

4. Travis & Spaceballs

5. Nite & Friends

5. Flow and Red Fox

7. Who buys a house but can't afford to go to a Smash tournament? - Xif's tiny Cuban wiener.

7. TCT - Tubes and Carson

9. Legit as **** - BBQ & Steven

9. Panhandle Manhandlers - Zone and Mankosuki

11. JMIX/Mikey

SHOUTOUTS

To my roommates, my Georgia Brothers and Jack.

Mikey G. - Wonderful to see you again. I think all of the oldschool smashers here (it really was like a reunion) brought out the best in me. I had so much fun playing all the oldschool guys, and more than anything just hanging out and shootin the ****. Good **** taking a match off Nite buddy, your peach will never die.

Tubes : You've gotten a lot sicker since the last time we played man. Im amazed that in 2012, well over a decade after Melee was released, Georgia just continues to improve. We've lost some great players over the years, but as long as yall keep it going, we'll always be contenders. I'm so glad that all of us got to do some hanging as well as some nerding this weekend, we really crammed a lot into very little time.

Fullmetal: We had some awesome matches as always. And as with everyone else, I had just as much, if not more fun hanging out than playing (which were both great :) ) Congrats on being a home owner man, and congrats on getting ever sicker. You has some badass matches to watch, and you ****ED ME UP the first match of our set haha, I can't believe I gained enough composure in my old age to take you to last life, high damage in our last match, dat **** wa cray.

p.s. thanks for the beer

Spaceballs: It was awesome seeing you again man, in the end im really glad you got to come and stay with us. Hate to say the same thing over and over but hanging out was a great addition to the weekend. Thanks to all of yall for helping out this morning, and making sure everything got started on time. I hope you and the rest of Memphis will come back in the fall for a big melee tournament, and come back next spring for Pixelcon! 2013 ^_^

p.s. thanks for the pizza

To my brothers of the Crimson Tide

Zach – Dude. . . You were such a tremendous help. You got a ****load of people to come from Georgia. You handled their housing, you offered to bring your desktop. You set up new software. You collected money, you sorted out the logistics of signups. You just totally beasted man. Madddddd props dude. More than anyone, I couldn't have run the tournament without you. I got you on some lunch this weekend. I hope everybody else appreciates your help as much as I do.

Clay – Thanks for doing some of the groundwork, tryin to call people, finding people I didnt know, giving people directions in a loud room. I hope you got some gnarly matches, I pretty much couldn't keep up with it but its all good cause we play all the time.

Collin – Your fox has made a lot of improvements in the past month or so. I hope you got a lot of good friendlies in. I want T-town to get pretttyyy ridiculous. I hope we all get a chance to play Huntsville more often.

Justin Headly aka DABOMB SON – As always, we can count on you for bringing a plethora of televisions. I hope you got some good melee matches in but, more importantly, finally got some competition in 64. The matches I played with you yesterday were really sick. You should watch some link combo videos :D

JMIX : You've got a ton of natural talent my friend. Thanks for helping to get brawl going, grats on getting 3rd in that tournament (PS can you send me the results on facebook so I can upload them into the thread?) I hope you got some good, hardcore luigi matches with RAM!

Weapon X : WHERE YOU AT WEAPON X

Tide aka Mr. Barnes Chism : Thanks so much for planning to come back and see us all. Sorry the South's ganon's didnt make an appearance (i hear they're scared?) But regardless it was great seeing you again, come back to usssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Myk – WHERE YOU AT

Dustin WHERE YOU AT

Parker WHERE YOU AT

I actually don't think i can keep up with writing all the comments for everyone i wanted to, I realized this when i kept going and saw that i was going to include nearly everyone that came to this tournament, so i'll just close with some hopeful words.

I loved this tournament, i had a blast running it (which is odd, lets not lie) and even more fun seeing everyone and getting some great matches in.

More important than anything, i hope everyone had a good time. If i get some good feedback on this, i'll do my best to run a melee centered event in the fall. I hope that if i do, everyone who came will return, because i would hate to know that someone didn't have a good tournament experience.

You know, i don't play any other games, but even if i did, even if i woke up one morning and never wanted to pick up a gamecube controller again. I would still never walk away from the smash tournament scene.

Love you nerds

Gerbil

Smash Champion
After a terrible trip home....

first. At least I can claim this post lol. Great seeing everyone, I'll post something longer later. Gnight :)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
In case anyone is curious, here's what I remember for Brawl singles.

1. TheReflexWonder :wario:
2. Kismet :falco:
3. JMIX :luigi2: :mario2:
4. Cam :pikachu2:
5. Deptford Goth :dedede:
5. Ingulit :diddy:
Not sure about 7-13

RAM

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to come later but this tourny was a eye opener for me making me realize that I'll actually have to practice to be able to compete with players now a days instead of relying on just natural talent, I barely made it out of pools. Awesome job on this Wes, possibly make this a Monthly series?

j00t

Smash Champion
Awesome tournament. I was running on fumes and my stomach was upset the whole day, though. Sucks that I didn't play as well as I know I could have.

Shoutouts later.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't think it was divided the "right" way, but I got $80, Kismet got $20, and JMIX got $10.

Zone

Smash Champion
lol My pool was fun.

Sad to know some people I consistently 3 stock made it in bracket though lol.

No johns though, it was a stacked tournament.

Good games to all those I played against.

I was mad nervous all day. I've never been nervous before so it was awkward for me.

rice

Smash Journeyman
Mankosuki recorded finals. I know he put all the matches on his computer. I don't know if he got any further than that though. Also, this was a fun *** tournament. It was awesome seeing all my old pals, and some new people. Good job on the tournament too Wes.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Yeah, I've got the vids but it'll take me a while to work them due to Easter obligations.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Now that Easter is over, I finally had a chance to put up all the videos. http://www.twitch.tv/mankosuki/videos

The quality is fairly bad since I lowered it on my camcorder in order to record more matches. There's nothing worse than running out of room before getting to the finals. Still ended up using about 26 out of 30 available gigs. Next time though, I'll set it to max quality and only record tourney sets rather than friendlies.

Top Bottom