• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Piviot walk

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I have no way of making Vids at the moment, so sorry you will have to see the whole thing unless some1 (Undr) can help me out. But I have done this in tournies and it is good. I am sure many of you know about this too, I have known for a few weeks now so I bet the same of many of you. You can learn it in 2 minutes as soon as you understand the controls.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207154

Pit is in this Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cgGF1cKzqg

For this if you are using a Game cube controler I say set your L or R to attack so you don't have to claw it.

To do this, hold attack and the joy stick in the direction you wanta "run" in, then tap the C-stick up to the top left or right cornor (what ever direction you arn't running in) each time you tap it you will spin around.

If you get the angle on the C-stick wrong you will charge an ^ or > smash, because you are holding attack and a direction on the C-stick, if you do start a smash just let go of attack. Your C-stick must be set to smash to be able to do this.

discuss...

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Cool, I've been using that for a few weeks now, Just finding out when it's useful. Kinda cool adds some mindgames and it's kinda like Reverse Pivot Slide, just faster than walking and keeps going.

I did like a Fsmash out of it once.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Cool, never knew pit had a PIVIOT walk XD

This tends to mess with peoples spacing so its good to do an fsmash or tilt out of it. You might have to claw the controller to do it though.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
You guys keep posting what you said in the chat lol... You would really need to claw unless you turn L or R to attack or somthing.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
congratulations on becoming moderator fate :-) i noticed the red name and i was like oh really?? sweet deal hope you continue to serve and advance our pit community as well as the entire smash boards

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
well i tried this technique and it is very interesting to say the least. Its also surprisingly easy to perform without making mistakes. Supposedly Pit has a good one (pivot walk), which isnt hard to imagine because he has some angelic footwork in general. As far as uses for this move, i would try to use it to close space for a D-tilt or jab, as wingdashing hasnt assimilated smoothly into my Pit arsenal. I never understood how this was to be done, until reading Fate's suggestion of setting L or R to attack. This sounds like it would work for me, since i never use R anyway... i will try this repeatedly in battle all week and see if i get any positive results against good and acceptable players alike.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ya I got my video recording stuff working, so I will have a vid of just Pit up by the end of the day... I hope.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ya thats why I say it might not be so usful for Pit as some others, but if you are chaseing someone flying across the stage and they are about to land this is faster then walking, is a bit harder to read the the step is, and can do all the same attacks out of it as you can with the step. Ill do some testing with it now that my finals are ending Tuesday and we'll see.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I believe I have this in one of my UndrWorld vids. I know it's in one of my old vids anyway.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
yeah it was. I thought it was dubbed the angelic dance way back when it was first discovered. But i dont know for sure.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
that was somthing close, this you don't have to crouch or sidestep, thats why I keep saying it isn't as good for Pit as for some but everyone now has there own "Angelic step". And once I get time I will see if this is any different, I will say that it is easier for me to do many times in a row.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Nah, the Angelic Step is just buffering a Pivot Slide from a SlideStep. What's being talked about here is a Pivot Slide buffered into a Pivot Slide.

Oh and looking back, I think Kupo also recorded this.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
i know its not new. I have been saying from day 1 that it isn't as good for Pit as some because he has angelic step but it is much easier to do and it might have a few differances if you do it this way....I do think its faster.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
That vid makes me sad. It's been confusing people forever now.

The Angelic Step and the Pivot Slide are two different things. The Angelic Step is a variant of the Pivot Slide. It buffers a Pivot Slide from Pit's SlideStep, thus allowing extra distance.

Top Bottom