• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pitch a TV Show/Movie idea using only 1 sentence, and rate the TV Show/Movie above.

D

Deleted member

I haven't seen any one do this, and I thought it would be fun. Like the title says, you pitch a TV Show/Movie using only 1 sentence (Technically 2, One sentence for the pitch, and the other for general knowledge about it. looks like this...)

(The Plot of the TV Show/Movie.)
((Second Sentence is optional) Audience (Mature, Everyone, Family, etc.), Animated or Life Action, genre, and how long the episodes/movie are/is.)
and rate the pitch above.

I'll start...

A man who know he has schizophrenia, has a Demon following him, he doesn't know is real.

Last edited by a moderator:

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice
One woman must survive against a deadly virus and powerful zombies. Rated R, animated, horror, 2 hours long.

D

Deleted member

One woman must survive against a deadly virus and powerful zombies. Rated R, animated, horror, 2 hours long.
uhh, you didn't rate mine. I said specifically in the title that you rate the idea above...

Oh yeah, I rate the idea a solid 4/10, because not only does it sound like an unoriginal zombie movie, with the only interesting thing being that it's animated, and not live action, like most zombie films. Plus, zombie films and shows (except the walking dead) died like 10 years ago.

Captain N the game master, but he's going through puberty and the "girls" phase, and he's playing on a not family friendly site. Rated R, animated, comedy, each episode lasts about how long the original series was, I forgot.

Last edited by a moderator:

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice
uhh, you didn't rate mine. I said specifically in the title that you rate the idea above...

Oh yeah, I rate the idea a solid 4/10, because not only does it sound like an unoriginal zombie movie, with the only interesting thing being that it's animated, and not live action, like most zombie films. Plus, zombie films and shows (except the walking dead) died like 10 years ago.

Captain N the game master, but he's going through puberty and the "girls" phase, and he's playing on a not family friendly site. Rated R, animated, comedy, each episode lasts about how long the original series was, I forgot.
Sorry! I forgot to rate yours. I'll give yours 8/10. Love the part where the guy with (too lazy to spell it) thinks the demon is real. My plot... well... I didn't know what to come up with, so zombies was the only thing in my head :(. I'm new here... and a bit shy to talk sometimes (online and reality). Btw, I've heard of Captain N, but never watched it.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
5/10
The serie had good trailer, so it hyped everyone, but when the serie was released, we just saw a serie that has pretention to be subversive, but only talked about sex without any reflexion behind it (much like Sex Education). But it also created good memes, so, I'll give it a 5.

A story of a man who has a malediction : his appearance change into somebody's else who got their face seen by the man ; he tries to live a normal life by letting his hair grow in front of his eyes, so he can see when nobody's here, but it isn't enough. The film end with him putting acid liquids on his eyes to get blind.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
5/10
The serie had good trailer, so it hyped everyone, but when the serie was released, we just saw a serie that has pretention to be subversive, but only talked about sex without any reflexion behind it (much like Sex Education). But it also created good memes, so, I'll give it a 5.

A story of a man who has a malediction : his appearance change into somebody's else who got their face seen by the man ; he tries to live a normal life by letting his hair grow in front of his eyes, so he can see when nobody's here, but it isn't enough. The film end with him putting acid liquids on his eyes to get blind.
I feel like there's a lot of potential here, but it could be difficult to work with purely because of how the face of the protagonist keeps changing. Overall, though, 7 out of 10. I like it!

A series about a group of indie game developers, which sort of shows the whole development process as it goes on, as well as letting us get to know the developers themselves too!

D

Deleted member

Could be funny if written well

Romantic Comedy sit in an old fishing village with lovecraft elements

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
5/10 definitely been done before but certainly could work well if it had funny writers about it. If they made it serious that could also work.

CIA keeps trying to assassinate Clark Kent (not because he's Superman, they don't know that, but because he's a great reporter) and they're wondering why their assassination attempts keep failing.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
8/10. Old people doing that would be funny.

Movie where all the humans on earth are turned into trees.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I think it'd have a lot of potential, depending on how you were to handle it. There's a lot of ways you could write a story with that as the prompt (obligatory Dr. Stone joke here) and I think it feel quite fun! Overall, 7/10.

A series, focusing on the exploits of some of the DC universe's more unusual villains (with Kite Man as the central "protagonist", and the main "antagonist" being Killer Moth.) Unlike Suicide Squad, however, it focuses moreso on villains who are still very much villainous, none of which are held inside Belle Reve (unless you wanted to shove one or two in there for the sake of fanservice.)

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
6/10. Planet of the Apes but in reverse.

An artist starts dreaming of a woman. He draws her face again and again for months. Finally, one day, his mother visits, and he shows her the drawings. She collapses in a heap, sobbing, revealing at last, that she'd kidnapped him when he was only two years old, and she says, "AND THAT WOMAN IS YOUR REAL MOTHER." Reality, live action, PG.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
2/10 - Would be funny if it weren't on NBC. Now, a Fox or CBS-produced first-and-last-name NBC hate show? I'd watch that

A show about a teenager who is the "chosen one" of an isekai prophecy, but rejects the offer - from then on it's a bog standard teen sitcom that just so happens to have an elderly fantasy mage following the protagonist around and pestering them about the prophecy.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
7/10 It would be cool.

It's a modern day show where a mediocre police officer is struck by lightning and awakes with an awareness no one else possesses: he knows he is in a television show.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Honestly, I do like that as a concept. Feels very Truman Show-esque, but I like the idea of the roles being reversed - and it does feel like a pretty interesting concept! I'd just hope it doesn't fall into Deadpool levels of 4th wall breaking, with some more interesting self-referential humour. Overall, 7.5/10 - plenty of potential!

A comedy-based show centred around a pizza place that will deliver anywhere, under any circumstances, no questions asked. It follows the progressively more outlandish and bizarre exploits of the delivery workers in a somewhat surrealist manner, though similar to shows like Smiling Friends, each episode ends at the point at which the pizza is delivered.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
7/10 It has a lot of potential.

A reality tv show with 12 gay guys living in a house. However, one of the guys is straight. The object of the show is for the gay guys to vote off the guy they think is straight while the straight man tries to blend in. Plot twist: all of them are straight.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
6/10 Same designs means the same rating

Sequel to Ratatouille where Remy, Linguini and Colette found a rival kitchen and another rat falls in love with Remy

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
8/10, would be fun to watch.

A Shrek prequel taking place way back before the movies happened during the green ogre's childhood and growing up as well how he got his iconic swamp.

D

Deleted member

Sounds like a fun short. You'd need like, an actual plot for a movie. 7/10

An office comedy sitcom about a minor goon risking up in an evil corporation, while the heroes don't pay them much attention

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
5/10, I think the photorealistic designs would be a little bit unsettling, but the actual show should be entertaining

A Pokémon series where they revolt against humans forcing them to fight and keeping them in balls, and successfully overthrow society and result in the next generation of humans living under their Pokémon overlords.

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
7/10, though based on how that idea went previously I'm not sure how well it would go over with the general populace.

A reality cooking show that actually showcases the entire process of an average person cooking a meal, mishaps and all (ex. food sticking to the pan, having to use butter knives in place of steak knives, and including every comment the person makes, profanity and all).

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
7/10. Cutthroat Kitchen is a thing.

When an imaginary friend from your childhood shows up in real life 10 years later at your high school, You find out that they are going to try and wipe out the entire world population so they can have you and your friends to themselves. You and your friends get the gang back together and try to fight off [imaginary friend].

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
8/10 Would be interesting to watch

A TV show series about humans and real-world cryptids getting along with each other and living their daily lives in modern times.

Top Bottom