• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Side B

theamitsaga

Smash Rookie
Can anyone explain to me why Project M got side of Pit's side B? It was spammy but they left many other characters spammy moves.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
From his wiki page,
Pit now has a new side special; a redesigned Wings of Icarus, in which he boosts horizontally and glides. Pit can now use any of his aerial attacks during a glide, in addition to his glide attack (now inputted with a grab button, akin to a zair), granting him bolstered approach and guard breaking options that his previous Angel Ring didn't have. Ending the glide or using a glide attack no longer enforces helplessness, and Pit can use any action except another glide afterwards.
The change is listed as a buff.

pipp

Dogfish
NNID
Kirby747
3DS FC
1289-8230-4554
Makes him a more diverse character overall rather than just having a useless "spammy" move.

theamitsaga

Smash Rookie
I've been testing Pit out extensively and I watched some of Armada's matches. The glide honestly doesn't seem that useful for me. Angel Ring was decently potent in a variety of situations whereas the glide seems like the situation has to be perfect for it to be useful,

Krumpberry

Banned via Warnings
Yeah lets see you go deep offstage and try to recover back with your brawl "HIIYIYAAAAAA"

theamitsaga

Smash Rookie
True makes sense, but on stage, the glide is telegraphed from long range and difficult from short range

Last edited:

Gooz

Smash Rookie
The glide is an amazing tool if used correctly. As far as being telegraphed, I would say it depends on when you use it. I use it out of dashdance usually for a crossup, landing behind and pivot grabbing. Also its pretty beastly as a tech chase or even to reset the neutral by retreating. Hyayayaya was just annoying even to use. Glide is crucial to higher level pit play.

Phubs

Smash Cadet
I'm not a pit main, but yesterday I was messing around with him and one thing that seems especially tricky is dash dancing into a retreating run, then b reversing the glide to approach when the opponent starts to approach

Also you can bait people with it by jumping out of it instead of just throwing an aerial

Skelterai

Smash Cadet
it's an amazing reocvery tool, unless you get hit in it's duration. be careful for the opponent edge guarding you.

On stage it's super useful, but only with crossups and grabs and usually out of a dash dance. make sure you only use iot on a stage with a relatively large neutral starting area. dreamland and Pokemon stadium 2 for example. Dont go using it on yoshi's story unless you need the quick momentum.

TopOfAllWorlds

Smash Apprentice
I use pits side b ALL THE TIME. It helps me get closer to the opponent faster. Its also faster at the start than running and so I use the start up and then jump out and then immediately use the up to make his recovery much more useful.

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
Really useful mixup as well for approaches and recovery.

You can glide low back to the stage, jump cancel, and punish with an aerial then when they expect a low recovery.
It's pretty useful as a mixup but if they catch on it's an easy punish opportunity for them.

Mixups are ESSENTIAL for proper gliding. Predictability in that state can end a Pit stock really easily.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
I'm curious, where do you find the Brawl side-b to be useful? In the short time I played Pit in brawl I hated that move with a passion.

Skelterai

Smash Cadet
It did reflect projectiles, unless I'm thinking of brawl minus. Instant shield pressure too, but as for its usefulness, very limited.

I like to relate it to how Axe uses Pikachu's rapid jabs to get kills. The difference here, is that it was way too slow to really mean anything.

Top Bottom