• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit ressurects again, Smash for Switch

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That sounds good

Also more gameplay of/new dialogue from Pit

Last edited:

Electric-Gecko

Smash Cadet

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Will Pit become great in Smash again? Of course he will

Also, idk why but I think Nairo might pick up Pit again (alongside his Zero Suit of course), giving us two of the best Pit mains (Earth still the best)...and also KiraFlex, whereever he is

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
AGREE he’s probably a weeb and also likes kpop and/or jpop
If it’s music that Palutena loves, then he’ll listen to and love it

Update: :ultpit: has yet to be killed off in a trailer, and might be one of the few survivors

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m honestly thinking once Ultimate comes out, Nairo should pick up Pit again

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
8:47 did pit's arrow just pass through Bowser's shield? a bug yeah?
I think they don’t have team attack on (cause when Pit gets the hammer it doesn’t hit Bowser nor does he explode when Oit uses the new Kirby bomb thing)

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
I think they don’t have team attack on (cause when Pit gets the hammer it doesn’t hit Bowser nor does he explode when Oit uses the new Kirby bomb thing)
Oh I did not even notice that it was a team fight

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh I did not even notice that it was a team fight
Yeah it’s somewhat hard to tell, but not surprising since it’s a demo that they won’t change

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Near month reminder about how very few Pit mains talk here

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I just came back from the Best Buy Smash demo, I played eight rounds (2 were one-on-ones, the rest 4-players, all eight had items), and I used Pit in 5 of the rounds (Pokemon Trainer in 2, Fox in one)...

Yes, his arrows got better. Nowhere near as good as Brawl, nowhere near as bad as in 4, his arrows are in a right position. They come out faster, last longer, and Pit has less cooldown doing them. I didn't pay attention to damage, and a full charge arrow still KOs at Sudden Death (300%). I also think his Guradian Orbitars are better, too. The come out a little faster, and while I didn't think the cooldown was any different, my brother says otherwise and said Pit looked like he "dropped" them faster so you can react as soon as you finish using them; though he says this only watching me, while I actually played him, but i dunno.

I liked his A-game (his A moves), especially his neutral A,A, rapid A + finisher combo. He still passes up the edge with his Up Special, though again my brother says he will autograb the ledge if I hold down before passing it (I never tried it). Upperdash Arm is still garbage, and Lightning Chariot (his new FS) has a deceptively larger than it looks hit box (it looked like my opponent, who played Zelda, had air dodged to the right enough that she was out of the way, yet still got hit and KO'd, even though during the brief instant we got to see Pit pass by, they did NOT look like they were close enough...that also happened with the Dragoon, it's hitbox is wider than the Dragoon appears to be). Also, I found myself KOing with his forward Smash pretty well, really couldn't tell if its better than Smash 4 or about the same (most of my KOs came from gimping recoveries and items). D Air didn't spiked (meteor?) as well/easily as people who played the E3 build earlier claimed it does, or maybe I wasn't pulling it off, but Back Air's good, it never sweetspotted (maybe it doesn't in SSBU?) but it consistently knocked back pretty damn good, so great WoP/keep-away-from-stage option. I managed to nerf recoveries a lot with just Neutral Air and Forward Air. I completely forgot to use D tilt and Up tilt, and Up Smash whiffed a lot; it only hit I noticed if the opponent was already in the air, coming down on top of me (so it doesn't hit people right next to me on the ground, but I swear his bow/blades looked like they would hit in that case)

I rather liked Pit in this game. I found Smash 4 Pit to be such a huge nerf (less recovery, still lacked power and KO potential, worse specials) but I think in my limited time (though I did play him FIVE times today) I like this Pit. Its a buffed Smash 4 Pit. While I was there, I never caught anyone else using Pit. A LOT or Ridleys, Inklings, Ikes, Clouds, Clouds, and Clouds...

Oh, and I only lost thrice (2nd place when I used PT in a 4-player, 2nd place in a one-on-one mirror match, PT vs. PT, and 2nd place in a one-on-one with my Pit vs. a Zelda on Green Greens, sooooooo close)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m still waiting on another Kid Icarus game
I just came back from the Best Buy Smash demo, I played eight rounds (2 were one-on-ones, the rest 4-players, all eight had items), and I used Pit in 5 of the rounds (Pokemon Trainer in 2, Fox in one)...

Yes, his arrows got better. Nowhere near as good as Brawl, nowhere near as bad as in 4, his arrows are in a right position. They come out faster, last longer, and Pit has less cooldown doing them. I didn't pay attention to damage, and a full charge arrow still KOs at Sudden Death (300%). I also think his Guradian Orbitars are better, too. The come out a little faster, and while I didn't think the cooldown was any different, my brother says otherwise and said Pit looked like he "dropped" them faster so you can react as soon as you finish using them; though he says this only watching me, while I actually played him, but i dunno.

I liked his A-game (his A moves), especially his neutral A,A, rapid A + finisher combo. He still passes up the edge with his Up Special, though again my brother says he will autograb the ledge if I hold down before passing it (I never tried it). Upperdash Arm is still garbage, and Lightning Chariot (his new FS) has a deceptively larger than it looks hit box (it looked like my opponent, who played Zelda, had air dodged to the right enough that she was out of the way, yet still got hit and KO'd, even though during the brief instant we got to see Pit pass by, they did NOT look like they were close enough...that also happened with the Dragoon, it's hitbox is wider than the Dragoon appears to be). Also, I found myself KOing with his forward Smash pretty well, really couldn't tell if its better than Smash 4 or about the same (most of my KOs came from gimping recoveries and items). D Air didn't spiked (meteor?) as well/easily as people who played the E3 build earlier claimed it does, or maybe I wasn't pulling it off, but Back Air's good, it never sweetspotted (maybe it doesn't in SSBU?) but it consistently knocked back pretty damn good, so great WoP/keep-away-from-stage option. I managed to nerf recoveries a lot with just Neutral Air and Forward Air. I completely forgot to use D tilt and Up tilt, and Up Smash whiffed a lot; it only hit I noticed if the opponent was already in the air, coming down on top of me (so it doesn't hit people right next to me on the ground, but I swear his bow/blades looked like they would hit in that case)

I rather liked Pit in this game. I found Smash 4 Pit to be such a huge nerf (less recovery, still lacked power and KO potential, worse specials) but I think in my limited time (though I did play him FIVE times today) I like this Pit. Its a buffed Smash 4 Pit. While I was there, I never caught anyone else using Pit. A LOT or Ridleys, Inklings, Ikes, Clouds, Clouds, and Clouds...

Oh, and I only lost thrice (2nd place when I used PT in a 4-player, 2nd place in a one-on-one mirror match, PT vs. PT, and 2nd place in a one-on-one with my Pit vs. a Zelda on Green Greens, sooooooo close)
You have done Pit proud

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Glad to hear he's been buffed a bit. I had hoped that dark pit's arrows would be better I'll have to wait and see!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Has been many years since someone has talked about Pit...we sit in silence learning how to read

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit has gotten the Game Over treatment once more

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Look at how there’s nobody here...but me and :ultpit:

Wafflesucker

Smash Rookie
Look at how there’s nobody here...but me and :ultpit:
You're not alone

So I've never gotten into competitive smash at all, but Pit has always been one of my favorite smash characters. I'm not very good at the game in general, but would definitely like to start playing Pit better. What are are few basic things I can start practicing to up my game?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You're not alone

So I've never gotten into competitive smash at all, but Pit has always been one of my favorite smash characters. I'm not very good at the game in general, but would definitely like to start playing Pit better. What are are few basic things I can start practicing to up my game?
I got you

Easier to see than to explain, but they’ll help

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Awesome thanks for these, exactly what I was looking for!
Since Pit will be having the exact same moveset in Ultimate as in 4, you won’t have to relearn anything outside of these videos

Wafflesucker

Smash Rookie
Since Pit will be having the exact same moveset in Ultimate as in 4, you won’t have to relearn anything outside of these videos
Good to know. Might as well start practicing now then. How does Pit look for Ultimate? From what I've seen he seems to be a little better than in smash 4.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Good to know. Might as well start practicing now then. How does Pit look for Ultimate? From what I've seen he seems to be a little better than in smash 4.
He is better in Ultimate than in Smash 4, and was obviously given special touches to be Sakurai’s special young child

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
almost time to not learn how to read yet be able to do math

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Pit was one of my stronger secondaries in Sm4sh - do we have confirmation on how his arrows were buffed? Less end lag for sure but travel speed? Duration? Damage?

Looking like he might not struggle for kills as much now though which is good.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit was one of my stronger secondaries in Sm4sh - do we have confirmation on how his arrows were buffed? Less end lag for sure but travel speed? Duration? Damage?

Looking like he might not struggle for kills as much now though which is good.
All of Pits important gameplay changes
  • Pit's Star KO now has him shout, "I never learned how to read!" which is a line from Uprising.
Attributes
  • Like all characters, Pit's jumpsquat animation now takes three frames to complete (down from 5).
  • Pit dashes much faster.
Ground attacks
  • Neutral infinite's animation has changed. Pit's bow no longer spins while fully formed, he now quickly slashes with the bow split in two.
  • Neutral infinite connects better into the final hit, improving the move's utility.
  • Up tilt's animation has been altered into two lunging upward kicks.
  • Up tilt's endlag has been significantly lowered.
  • Down tilt's endlag has been significantly lowered, and its angle has been made more vertical.
  • Dash attack's animation has been altered to a downward swipe of his blade. It is quicker and covers more area in front of Pit. It also deals significantly higher knockback.
  • Forward smash's first hit has more range, but its second hit has less range. This makes it easier to land the first hit of the move and harder to land the second.
  • Forward smash's second hit connects better, improving the move's utility.
Aerial attacks
  • All aerials have less landing lag.
  • Neutral aerial has a slightly longer duration.
  • Neutral aerial's multi-hits connect more consistently.
  • Forward and up aerial multi-hits deal less damage, while the final hits deal more. As a result, their knockback, kill power, and overall damage are increased.
  • Down air hitbox is bigger.
Throws/other attacks
  • Standing grab and dash grab have increased ending lag.
Special Moves
  • Palutena Bow travels faster and has decreased endlag.
  • Palutena Bow's arrows now give out a significant amount of light when being charged.
  • Aerial Upperdash Arm has less endlag when whiffed.
  • Upperdash Arm has slightly less knockback and does less damage.
  • Power of Flight can now grab the ledge when facing backwards.
  • Power of Flight halts at the end of the move, reducing its recovery potential.
    • Pit will float for a little bit after the move, but that means he will be more vulnerable to attacks.
  • Guardian Orbitars comes out faster when activated.
  • Guardian Orbitars will shrink the longer they are held out.
  • Pit's Final Smash has changed once again, now being the Lightning Chariot from Uprising, which functions similarly to the Dragoon, though coming from behind rather than in front.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit is beautiful...that is all

hermes

Smash Apprentice
Where is pit discord? I would be glad if someone shows the best place to learn this character. I guess learning pit will help my basics a lot.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I really do enjoy how Pit is in this game and his buffs, and how precious he is, though I do feel sad that I've yet to encounter another Pit at all besides one of my friends who I could've played directly. I'm starting to think the Pit population is at an all-time low, and something tells me the rise of Palus has something to do with it. Whatever the case, I'm starting to feel sad about that part.

NuNero1

Smash Cadet
NNID
KSHEFF722
I really do enjoy how Pit is in this game and his buffs, and how precious he is, though I do feel sad that I've yet to encounter another Pit at all besides one of my friends who I could've played directly. I'm starting to think the Pit population is at an all-time low, and something tells me the rise of Palus has something to do with it. Whatever the case, I'm starting to feel sad about that part.
Check me out, I'm a Pit main. Nintendo ID is SW-6801-4707-7111. I'll happily play a few rounds with you. It's always good to see another Pit/Dark Pit Main. We all need to stick togther.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Don’t worry. The Pit Population is surprisingly starting to grow, especially with people like ZeRo saying they’re high tier characters a far and all that hoo haa. Palutena gaining population is only helping them, meaning all three characters are becoming more and more noticeable compared to their time in Smash 4

I'm not sure if this is where I should post this, but I was messing around with Pit earlier today and he feels really solid. I'm not familiar with any of his tech, so I don't know if this is new, but I found that when you hit the outer edge of up-air on a grounded opponent it shoves them to the opposite side and combos into f-smash. The middle hitbox pops them up a bit and combos into up-smash. Not really practical and both only work on human-size and larger opponents, but interesting. Sorry if that's old news, but his hitboxes seem to work a bit differently in Ultimate, so I thought I'd mention it.

Joshkip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Joshkip
3DS FC
0447-5552-4282
Can we get a matchup thread going, or a general discussion thread of his moveset and potential? If we have one can someone direct me to a link?

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Pit in Ultimate is...

Hmm, to put it perspectively, just as fun as ever, but not without his setbacks.

Uppercut Dash doesn't seem to be as strong as I thought it would be; after all, it is an Arm.
Palutena's Bow is fast, but doesn't have that umph to it; for one, it should've been more rapid, but not too rapid so that it wouldn't become overpowered. (I do like how the screen slightly shakes when the bow is charged)
Guardian Orbitars remains indifferent from Smash 4 if I recall correctly. However, it can not only reflect projectiles but can also counter attac- ok no more counter attacks. (But I think if an opponent is nearby Pit, he can use those Orbitars as a way to back them out of reach, similar to Mario's FLUDD move.)

Other than that, I'm happy to be a Pit main.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit in Ultimate is...

Hmm, to put it perspectively, just as fun as ever, but not without his setbacks.

Uppercut Dash doesn't seem to be as strong as I thought it would be; after all, it is an Arm.
Palutena's Bow is fast, but doesn't have that umph to it; for one, it should've been more rapid, but not too rapid so that it wouldn't become overpowered. (I do like how the screen slightly shakes when the bow is charged)
Guardian Orbitars remains indifferent from Smash 4 if I recall correctly. However, it can not only reflect projectiles but can also counter attac- ok no more counter attacks. (But I think if an opponent is nearby Pit, he can use those Orbitars as a way to back them out of reach, similar to Mario's FLUDD move.)

Other than that, I'm happy to be a Pit main.
As no wise person has said...
...the only way to hide setbacks is to use those setbacks as an advantage against the enemy. Think outside the box and never read anything...because reading is a sin

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
As no wise person has said...
...the only way to hide setbacks is to use those setbacks as an advantage against the enemy. Think outside the box and never read anything...because reading is a sin
That means its a form of skill rather than a form of luck.

Just look at how it turned out for me against Lvl 9 CPUs. (its hell I tell you, hell.)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That means its a form of skill rather than a form of luck.

Just look at how it turned out for me against Lvl 9 CPUs. (its hell I tell you, hell.)
well tbf, even competitive players have a struggle with the new lvl 9 cpus (especially when they’re possessed by spirits)...so rely on living creatures instead of spawns of satans controlling characters

Top Bottom