• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit ressurects again, Smash for Switch

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman

Pit is quite different from the Smash Bros. games he's been, even including Project M.
Not worried if he's not going to return since it's guaranteed, Sakurai worked on the game. But I think Uprising should be ported to the Switch.
How would you change Pit's moveset?

Last edited:

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
no real change imo
pit pretty much got all of the updated Uprising moves in SSB4, so idk what else they can give him from that game

PF9

Smash Lord
It's been 10 years since Brawl all but resurrected the Kid Icarus franchise.

So, I think the KI games could all work as movies. They would be filmed primarily in Greece.

My ideal cast for the first movie would be:

Tom Holland as Pit
Kelly Clarkson as Palutena (she'll need some convincing)
Beyonce as Medusa

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit needs some buffs to make him be able to win tournaments...they made him a bit too honest...also Uprising sequel or port for Switch extremely needed

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm honestly not a huge fan of the down b and side b they gave him in 4 as I hardly ever use those. Would like to see if Sakurai decides to change anything since, as he is, Pit is pretty much perfectly balanced as a character.

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
How would you change Pit's moveset?
Use a mixture of Project M and Brawl Minus alterations.

Up Special: Brawl Minus (think Villager's Up Special). I will 100% swing to the PM side if you give him 2-3 up special uses to replace Brawl Minus's freedom, and make the shield invincible, like it should have been.

Side Special: Project M (glide). Buffs his recovery even more. His mobility on stage has also been increased. Where side special is a kill move, it's completely predictable. With side special, not only can Pit be in an opponent's face lickety split, but they won't know what's about to hit them. Replace the glide attack animation with an homage to the tr4sh side b. He doesn't go into free fall after using it.

Neutral Special: Project M and Brawl Minus both do a good job here. B- gives more control but PM gives more speed. You can't "snipe" dudes with B- but you could pull off more shenanigans.

Down Special: I can't remember if there's any difference. Just use Brawl's shield style and not tr4sh's, but let Pit turn around with it. Let him jump cancel it too, and take away as much stun from reflecting as possible. I would be willing to let go of its ability to block physical attacks and to turn opponents around (like caping Ganondorf's Wizard Foot).

Taunts: I can't remember what they are in tr4sh but if it isn't Brawl's then fix that.

As far as tilts and smash attacks and aerials go, I don't know enough about Pit to put forward a well thought out opinion there. Still, I've got things to say. I like PM's dair. It is a floaty killer which I think should be the focus of Pit's character pragmatically. I also like the spike hitbox but it's ridiculously short and small, so I'd widen the window for that. Fsmash is a must. I like his multi-hit up smash; though, it's too laggy and dramatic in tr4sh. Down tilt is great (it's like Peach's)---it can combo on stage and kill off stage. Ftilt is decent, as it gives him much needed range. And nair's pretty good.

As far as costumes, I liked Brawl's green (which is in tr4sh), blue, and gold. He has some great palettes.

But yeah, I think Pit's niche is mobile sword character, which he shares with Meta Knight. The difference between them is that you sacrifice kill power for more defensive options---the shield and the arrow (in terms of zoning; but obviously, it's good as a projectile in general, which MK lacks). I personally prefer Pit over Meta Knight, so it would be a shame if Pit was made more similar to him than he already is. And like I said, he should be thought of as a legitimate floaty character counter. He should be able to confound them with his speed and range, and kill them with his vertically launching moves like PM up-special and dair.

Ask this guy if his tunes can be put in the game.
Especially this. ("Sky World")

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Delete Post world

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Watching the Nintendo Treehouse for Smash...and my boy has been treated even better than in Smash 4

His Smash attacks seem to actually connect consistently, upoerdash and smash attacks have new animation style, new jab infinite, new animation for his victory poses, seems to be stronger than the last two games in general and he’s got a new Star KO line saying “I Never Learned How To Read”...I feel like a happy boy so far
Putting this down here to spread good things about Pit

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
While I like what I've seen so far for his normal's, I'm confused on why the dev's changed his Final Smash to the Lighting Chariot. The Three Sacred Treasures are way more "iconic" in a sense, and it's pretty much the Dragoon in Final Smash form.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
While I like what I've seen so far for his normal's, I'm confused on why the dev's changed his Final Smash to the Lighting Chariot. The Three Sacred Treasures are way more "iconic" in a sense, and it's pretty much the Dragoon in Final Smash form.
I think it relates to the quicker final smashes everybody is having, and seems like the Three Sacred Treasures aren’t quick and epic enough for Sakurai (maybe in the game Pit will talk about how he stole back what was given to him)

Qina

Smash Rookie
I kinda dislike his new dash attack. . _ .

The spinning turn around slash was so flashy and extra and I loved it. Now it's all efficient and such.

It also looks like it lost a good deal of range. If it's more vertical than horizontal it might straight up be a nerf to him.

R.I.P

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I kinda dislike his new dash attack. . _ .

The spinning turn around slash was so flashy and extra and I loved it. Now it's all efficient and such.

It also looks like it lost a good deal of range. If it's more vertical than horizontal it might straight up be a nerf to him.

R.I.P
On a bright side...Pit seems to be better overall than in Smash 4 (shows more KO power than last time)

Qina

Smash Rookie
There's currently a belief his dash attack is a potential kill move, killing lightweights at like... 80-90ish? If it's true I'm definitely wrong and having a dash attack kill move (plus the dash dancing in this one) could make him a pretty popular pick. At that point the only complaint I'd have is that it doesn't look as cool. :3c

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There's currently a belief his dash attack is a potential kill move, killing lightweights at like... 80-90ish? If it's true I'm definitely wrong and having a dash attack kill move (plus the dash dancing in this one) could make him a pretty popular pick. At that point the only complaint I'd have is that it doesn't look as cool. :3c
Who needs to look cool when you get all the women, kill many enemies, and never learn how to read

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
As part of his Christian image, in my headcanons Pit is a fan of the Christian metal band Stryper (who I think is a decent band themselves).
He seems like he’d be more into weeb anime and Palutena related music

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Looking at footage from CEO, Pit's UAir seems to have noticeably less landing lag, and now I'm wondering if falling UAir into stuff might become a thing. I can't confirm this of course, but it looks scary if that is the case.
They also made his victory poses much more alive this time around and that makes me very happy.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Ehh, I dunno. I feel like Pit is going to be about autocancels again. Though falling Bair and Dair will likely be much stronger landing options, and sour Bair in particular might be an incredible combo option.

I’m more interested in Pit’s ground game. Run up pivot Dsmash would be pretty damned safe with how shield drop is crap now and how most aerials probably wouldn’t reach.

The biggest unknown is how the new perfect shields work, though. It might be that drifting away with Nair instead of landing the final hit every time will be the safest thing to do.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All I truly know for sure is that Pit (and probably Dark Pit aswell) is stronger than he was in Smash 4, and he’s having reused voice clips from the last game aswell (though of course new lines are expected for the Palutena Guidances and his “never learned how to read” moment)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
He’s relatively unchanged. He seems to have less landing lag but so does everybody else... Besides that, he has the new Dash Attack (which admittedly seems better overall, but it’s hard to say for sure), his Uair does slightly more damage, his Dair does less if you hit with the spike, and Fair seems to function differently (perhaps for comboing like Dabuz said) but besides that he’s very similar to how he was before.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Everyone who’s played Pit on the demo has talked about how he’s stronger and his dash/tilts/aerials connect more than in Smash 4...plus his more expressive ways

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Remember that people claimed a lot of buffs in Smash 4’s patches, TMNT. People also thought Dark Pit was a significantly different character up until I cleared it up at release...

I made a topic about the damage changes, or rather the lack of change. He quite objectively has very few changes at this point.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don’t remember people thinking Pittoo was different from Pit, and with the buffs as well as how they think this Pit is viable, imma keep my faith with them for now (helps that others are being nerfed and the gameplay mechanics benefits him)

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
Actually, Pit has received quite a few buffs. Many of his moves have less lag, including, arrows, orbitars, aerial side b, down tilt, uptilt. Some moves have been completely changed like rapid jab which now functions correctly and dash attack which kills. Fair also deals more damage and kills earlier. Up b can now snap to a ledge from behind.

Damagewise fair seems to be the only move which has been changed, though damages and knockback will most likely change from the demo so i don't consider speculating with them very important at this point.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Actually, Pit has received quite a few buffs. Many of his moves have less lag, including, arrows, orbitars, aerial side b, down tilt, uptilt. Some moves have been completely changed like rapid jab which now functions correctly and dash attack which kills. Fair also deals more damage and kills earlier. Up b can now snap to a ledge from behind.

Damagewise fair seems to be the only move which has been changed, though damages and knockback will most likely change from the demo so i don't consider speculating with them very important at this point.
More Pit hope added into my soul

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517

dash attack kills?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I’m impressed, that video seems really well-made overall. There’s some mismatches with his and our data (pretty sure Utilt still hits 3 times for example) but there’s no grievous errors at least. It’s presented in a very neutral way, gets to the point quickly, and applies character knowledge to try and predict what the changes could mean. Kudos to Pushblock.

Kinda makes me wanna double check some things... But I’m not super motivated rn so eh.

These are definitely changes to be excited about though. If Dark Pit keeps these special changes he’s going to be pretty freakin’ scary. Anybody with a horizontal recovery would be as good as dead if they were launched slightly. ...Which is why I don’t think it’ll happen but ya never know lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
These are definitely changes to be excited about though. If Dark Pit keeps these special changes he’s going to be pretty freakin’ scary. Anybody with a horizontal recovery would be as good as dead if they were launched slightly. ...Which is why I don’t think it’ll happen but ya never know lol.
If both angels continue to get some good buffs/speed/arrow flexibility/KO power, they might possibly be high tier characters (or atleast better mid tier characters than they were in 4 and Brawl)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I mean with these changes (and theorized combos) Pit would be very solidly high tier in Smash 4. Basically everybody else in the demo had at least some nerfs, so...

I mean, next to the Marth/Corrin/Ike and the like I don’t see much reason to pick them when Pit exists, with how they work in the demo. Cloud is much more polarized... So I don’t know how that’ll turn out.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Cloud will probably still be one of the best characters in the game, Marth will never leave the group of best characters...ever...Corrin should probably stay near the high tier/top of the mid tier, and Ike might hopefully be used more

Though other than Marth since he’s always a great character, no point in playing the others when there’s Pit (though someone like Corrin seems to be a good sub main for Pit, works for Earth)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I still don’t think Smash 4 Marth is very good... Certainly a far cry from release yes but he’s super inconsistent, basically a more polarized version of Pit.

Then in Ultimate Marth lost a lot of things, like damage and kill power on a bunch of moves. No jab Fsmash either, not to mention the physics changes... Shield drop is, to put it lightly, complete garbage. So you need to jump cancel shield or grab. Marth’s grab game is notoriously bad, Dolphin Slash is still awful, Usmash does like 3% usually and comes out f13... So it’s basically it’s just aerials, which still aren’t very good for this. Marth’s rising aerials, while fast, aren’t safe. Nair will be easily parried on reaction, and anything else will be a free punish.

Pit’s Nair is still frame 4 with a ridiculous autocancel, to the point where the parry might not even matter. If it does then it might be avoidable... And it still looks like a combo starter. All his aerials still comfortably SHAC which should be safe if spaced. Dair can be used and leap away with it. U Smash might not be the best but it does actually do things in some situations. Pit’s dodges still look like they’re on the top end too, even if they’re worse than Smash 4.

Corrin looks especially gutted. Pit stole his tilts lol. And all his stabbing moves seem worse too... Basically rendering him moot.

Marth and Corrin are only going to be marginally safer with landing aerials. Pit meanwhile has an actual grab game. The others will have marginally more damage, while Pit is significantly more durable in basically every way. Marth has a higher dash speed, but Pit has far more that can be done out of it. Again, not seeing much of a point playing either character over Pit.

Cloud was good because he could camp for/with Limit, he had great normals, and Limit Cross Slash was crazy. Now you can just camp for 15 seconds and Limit dies. His normals aren’t anything special. Cross Slash is both weaker and avoidable, and potentially parry bait. Characters like Sonic, ZSS, and Sheik will just outcamp him.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Corrin doesn’t seem like he’s/she’s that gutted (though of course there’s not too many videos about them) and Marth still looks fine in the hands of the competitive players, but Cloud definitely took some reasonable hits in the demo (and maybe even some more in the final build)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Some of you may of heard the news... Short hop aerials of any kind deal less damage.

This is why damage was inconsistent, and why we had different people come to different conclusions. Pit’s Dair spike for example does normal damage, it’s just that the SH damage reduction, well, reduced it. I believe it also explains why I didn’t pick up on Fair’s buff initially...

It’s also an indirect buff to Pit. Fullhop Dair is going to be crazy good, namely fullhop Dair into falling Bair. Doing it twice would shatter a full shield, assuming it works the same as in 4 (and I think it does). Pit can also use his “midhop” tech (jumping, and canceling with a double jump) to ignore the penalty completely.

Top Bottom