• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pit or marth in teams?

team with pit or marth?

• Total voters

dimbenes

Smash Cadet
So I'm going to winter con (a louisiana tournament) and have two potential people to do doubles with. One is a pit main (secondary g&w) and the other is a marth main (secondary fox). I'm leaning more towards teaming with pit because I think he and sheik make a better team than sheik and marth, but I'm not entirely sure. Just looking for some other opinions (unless your opinion is to team with marth just because he's top tier).

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I would say marth. Not because he's top tier but that Sheik is not an ideal 2v1 character which is the style that you would jump into with Pit as your teammate. I think Marth can do a comparable job in support.

Have you figured out who is doing what depending on the team? What style do you want to play?

dimbenes

Smash Cadet
yeah, i've now started leaning more towards marth. Good point. Pit could forwards short shop and arrow spam while sheik ducks and crawls under them towards opponents, so that we'd both be advancing. But i guess i hadn't accounted for the fact that pit generally wouldn't help as much in close range. Most likely will hit up the marth player.

dimbenes

Smash Cadet
XD yeah it was. Just you watch, that little mix-up was a sign. You're gonna get first in melee and I'm gonna get first in brawl. Thus saith dimbenes!.

dimbenes

Smash Cadet
Yup, they threw all but three of the melee veterans in low tier. But they gon' learn. And I hear marth is ranked 2nd best in melee now, right? I remember he used to be around 4th.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
I think he's still 4th with Fox, Falco, and Sheik being above him in that order. But I actually think that at lower level play he and Sheik are better just because of the lack of technical precision necessary to excel at Fox and Falco.

Top Bottom