• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Matchup Discussion - Mr. Game & Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
6-4...like spike said not unwinnable but u gotta be the smarter player.. Realize the pattern in there moves and counter it.....the good thing for us is that they cant dthrow dsmash us...if that was the case we would be screw like lucas...

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
60:40

Spike said the truth
You gotta be the smartest one to win a set of 3 @this MU.

Saying that GaW is light, it's like using the same statement for MK. They Both have an stupid Momentum cancelling... and they'll live more than pit does.

We don't have any kind of counter pick staging against him. But neither he does.

GaW can only bucket your arrows if you've being read by him.
It takes more time to open his bucket than it takes to the arrow get to him. I mean, if you use your arrows wisely, it will be never bucket.

Campy pits tend to get their ***** stomped by GaW's.
See that more agressive pits get around the situation to 50:50.
But as the actualy metagame that stand for pit is camp till your *** scream.... i do put a 60:40 @ this matchup.

Edit:

Forgot to tell you.
If you can predict a bair comming, just hyphen usmash towards GaW.
it will out priorize it.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Just wondering, but does gaw have lag while absorbing a projectile? I was playing my friend practicing for yesterday and I noticed that I shot arrows at him continuously while he was offstage and he couldn't really get out of bucket until it was full. By time it was full get was out of range of recovery because he had sunk too low while bucketing. Would this be a useful thing to do to a gaw, at least on last stock since he can't use the bucket?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
60-40 G&W I'll post more when I get home, I kinda like this match-up, now that I have played it more and understood what I should be doing.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Hey guys! Just wondering how everyone handles this matchup again because I forgot what was on the first couple of pages hah. So I wanna discuss this matchup because it will help improve Pit!

Whatcha do against that wretched keyblade dair of his? I mean it's got like mad priority AND he can move around with it! I tend to just move out the way, but what do you guys do?!

That nasty turtle of his is the worst! His bair is a multi hit move so like how does everyone handle it? I like to sdi the hits and get behind him for like a bair or something. Did you know that if you shield all the hits that hit has a hitbox when he lands with it? Watch out for that thing.

Guys, omg. His bucket down b move. If he pulls that out he like absorbs our arrows. If he gets 3 arrows in the bucket it is full. Now he can't absorb any more after that, but he can empty the bucket on us and it's a OHKO! Now we gotta watch out for that. There's 2 ways to approach this, you could fill up the bucket right away then continue to camp him so he can't abosrb anymore arrows OR you could use arrows conservatively only firing them when he isn't thinking about using the bucket. I like the second option because that OHKO is scary as shiznit!

He has all these super strong smash attacks. You know what to do? Just watch him and you should be able to see when he is using him then press the shield button. They won't kill you that way.

Another thing is his down throw. Now I don't know what to do against this move guys. It's like rock paper scissors and he gets a lucky usmash in to kill me if he guesses right. How do I stop him from doing this?????

Is he invincible during his up b or something? Why can't I hit him out of it?

Also he's so light but he has this thing called bucket braking where he survives super long!

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Hey guys! Just wondering how everyone handles this matchup again because I forgot what was on the first couple of pages hah. So I wanna discuss this matchup because it will help improve Pit!

Whatcha do against that wretched keyblade dair of his? I mean it's got like mad priority AND he can move around with it! I tend to just move out the way, but what do you guys do?!

That nasty turtle of his is the worst! His bair is a multi hit move so like how does everyone handle it? I like to sdi the hits and get behind him for like a bair or something. Did you know that if you shield all the hits that hit has a hitbox when he lands with it? Watch out for that thing.

Guys, omg. His bucket down b move. If he pulls that out he like absorbs our arrows. If he gets 3 arrows in the bucket it is full. Now he can't absorb any more after that, but he can empty the bucket on us and it's a OHKO! Now we gotta watch out for that. There's 2 ways to approach this, you could fill up the bucket right away then continue to camp him so he can't abosrb anymore arrows OR you could use arrows conservatively only firing them when he isn't thinking about using the bucket. I like the second option because that OHKO is scary as shiznit!

He has all these super strong smash attacks. You know what to do? Just watch him and you should be able to see when he is using him then press the shield button. They won't kill you that way.

Another thing is his down throw. Now I don't know what to do against this move guys. It's like rock paper scissors and he gets a lucky usmash in to kill me if he guesses right. How do I stop him from doing this?????

Is he invincible during his up b or something? Why can't I hit him out of it?

Also he's so light but he has this thing called bucket braking where he survives super long!
This is obviously sarcasm. Not only cuz of the conversation we had earlier but cuz i distinctly remember you stating your thinking of it as even(ish) more and more the more you play it. And i agreed >.>

But i digress...

If it isn't sarcasm lemme know and i'll give my opinions...

But almost all of this was covered in this thread already =/

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
This isn't sarcasm at all, I just think us Pits need to start getting back into MU discussions and stages and such to keep it fresh in our heads so we have this mindset all the time. :)

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
6/10 would recommend on All is Brawl

Not sure why you would necro a thread though instead of book marking it Kuro >_>

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Well I know you want to remind people that it could be discussed or you want it to be discussed, but it would be better to just start a new thread so people don't get confused and think the 2008-2009 info is still up to date is all I mean.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I don't want it discussed. Nothing has changed about this matchup. If your referring to the bump that was for me so i can go and translate all the info into a summary.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
That's exactly the attitude that threads like these die dude! Maybe someone else wants it discussed, the metagame keeps advancing so stuff changes all the time, we gotta be on our toes.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
What are you talking about? And why did I get infracted for that post? I just want to talk about game and watch because I played patches at apex and he was pretty good. I feel like I don't know the matchup anymore!

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Dude, come on luckay, don't pull that. ANYONE who reads your post can detect the OBVIOUS cynical tone.

Prove to me otherwise. Infractions are reversible. I don't think i should though cuz even lux could tell you were trolling. AND WARNED YOU!

I don't understand your attitude at all.

Even fyre felt the same way i did? You gonna be an *** to her to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom