• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Kill Confirms Analysis (Old and New)

Kiligar

Smash Journeyman
The buffs are good. By know Pit players understand what makes each and every buff vital. The only thing Pit would like to see in future patches is making multihits more consistent, (and side special). Let’s talk about Pit’s kill confirms.

Dragdown Forward Air combos into Forward Smash, this is from when the game came out

Falling forward air can combo into down tilt and then into Uair or Bair, these are new as d tilt didn’t connect consistently into either of these aerials before. Down tilt Uair is a solid new kill confirm in generalDown Smash is also an option, with its better launch angle this move really kills when you need it to.

Down Throw Dragdown Uair into U Smash is an option on platform stages dependent on DI (works as long as they don’t DI out), faster Uair and stronger Up Smash make this a lot more consistent and less niche than it was before. Down Throw Uair at higher percents 120% is also dependent on DI, it was a previous option if you conditioned the opponent to DI in, but it basically never kod, now with a stronger Uair it finally does what it’s supposed to do.

Down Air into Up Smash finally is a serious kill confirm as before you’d execute it and the opponent wouldn’t die. Down Air into Uair is a new option for percent where Usmash no longer connects.

While of course all matchups are affected by these buffs, I want to speak of Pit’s two hardest MUs, ZSS and Pikachu. Uair now is great for calling out flip kicks at higher percents 130%+ as you can get a stock off of the read, and Uair has a lingering hitbox. Up Smash is an even stronger but higher commitment option. Matchup is still tough because ZSS can run away from Pit half the match, she has a more powerful advantage state, more devastating hard punishes and a basically nonexistent disadvantage, but the extra kill power on Pit makes it more bearable. I haven’t been able to fight any Pikas yet but I suspect T jolt camping is harder because of the less lag on orbitals. Pika is even lighter than ZSS so the extra kill power is significant as well. I personally can’t wait to see what top Pit players can pull off once IRL tournaments are back.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
I agree with most of the stuff that you just said but zero suit isn't actually a hard match up it's just hard to play. I know that sounds contradictory but if you play a certain play style she's not that hard I actually cover it in my match of thread and now it's better because of the buffs...:) I would say the hardest matchups are game n watch and Pikachu. The zero suit match up is just hard mentally but once you realize you have more priority and she can't force your approach but you can force hers everything falls into place.

Kiligar

Smash Journeyman
Dude how have you been doing? I understand you have some sort of paralysis disability and I remember you saying that you type with your mouth. Or is it a text to speech? Basically I was thinking if you have the level of control over your body that Brolylegs has at least then you could play Smash. I don’t know about the intricacies of your situation but I just wanted to suggest something if you didn’t think of it already, since your enthusiasm for Pit is so inspiring to me.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
Dude how have you been doing? I understand you have some sort of paralysis disability and I remember you saying that you type with your mouth. Or is it a text to speech? Basically I was thinking if you have the level of control over your body that Brolylegs has at least then you could play Smash. I don’t know about the intricacies of your situation but I just wanted to suggest something if you didn’t think of it already, since your enthusiasm for Pit is so inspiring to me.
I've been doing alright man thanks for asking. It's a different situation but I got one of those quad sticks that rocky no hands uses from the Houston smash crew TTN for Christmas. I've actually played a little bit of smash recently but what I've been really getting down on is brawlhalla since I have an Xbox not a Nintendo. How you been doing man?

Edit: actually been getting down on a ton of games because I got the game pass on Xbox that s*** is fire

Last edited:

Kiligar

Smash Journeyman
Nice to hear you’ve been doing well, I’ve been doing fine too. I’ve been having a character crisis in Smash Ultimate, I said to myself if
Pit isn’t buffed In patch 8.0.0 I’m dropping the character for either Marth, Corrin, Mewtwo, Villager the Miis or Meta Knight if they get buffed. Or Roy. Now Pit got buffed in 8.0.0 but so did almost every other character I considered. To make things worse prior to the patch I didn’t use Pit at all, for like 3 weeks before the patch I only used Chrom/Roy and a bit of Mii Gunner. I played through FE6 (Roy’s game) twice during this time as well. Basically my attachment to Pit has been greatly weakened over this time. Pit has new options but to fully use his buffs there’s some fairly precise tech I hadn’t learned before and trying to learn it is a bit tedious; I’m speaking of dragdown Uair up smash/forward smash. Here’s the video:
I tried labbing the technique(s) for several hours but man it’s precise. Now I gave up on that for now thinking in the back of my head: the top Pit players can learn this tech and put it to use.

The Pit buffs were greatly appreciated but at the same time I feel out of sync with the character, if we received these buffs a month ago or in patch 7.0.0 I would’ve been much more enthusiastic. But I felt I have opened Pandora’s box by seriously trying out new characters and considering maining them. Pit is a much more solid character now, unfortunately there are still inconsistencies like Up Smash not connecting all the time (which makes it all the more heartbreaking considering it’s a stronger option you want to use more) orbitals feet poke from the side as well as opponents falling out of Nair. The thing is many Pit players have also dropped the character or are on the fence about it, sadly right before or really close to this patch, and even with the new buffs they are hesitant to use the character. I’m on the fence as well, considering using Roy since he’s more explosive and exciting to play as well as my connection via his game fe6, but I feel there’s a chance my connection to Pit may return. I’m planning to buy Kid Icarus Uprising and see if that motivates me to stick to him. If I get trashed on by Pikachu/Pichu over and over as Roy it also may motivate me to return to Pit considering he has a better MU against the rats. Regardless I’ll always support and cheer on Pits and really want to see the peak of what the character is capable.
Edit:The rats are starting to look pretty convincing... man that one rat in particular Pikachu basically is the mafia boss of this game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom