• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Frame Data

Doppler12

Smash Apprentice
This is a work in Progress.

IASA means Interrupt As Soon As: Frame#

Frames: 24
Hitboxes appear Frame 5
Damage: 3
IASA: 20
Next Jab Frame 8 or later

Frames: 26
Hitboxes appear Frame 5
IASA: 21
Next Jab Frame 8 or later

Frames: 35
Hitboxes out Frame 3
IASA: 32

Frames: 45
Hitboxes out Frame 7
Damage: 9-12
IASA: 34

Frames: 36
Hitboxes out Frame 10
Damage 11-14
IASA: 28

Frames:36
Hitboxes out Frame 10
Damage:10-13

Frames: 36
Hitboxes out Frame 10
Damage: 9-12

Frames: 31
First Hitboxes out frame 6-8
Damage: 6
Second Hitboxes out frame 13-16
Damage: 7
IASA: 26 with Ground Attack(dunno what that means)

Frames:30
Hitboxes out Frames:6-8
Damage:10-12
IASA:27

Frames:44 (uncharged)
Hitboxes out Frames: 5-7
Damage:7-9
Start FSmash2 at Frame: 11?
IASA: 29

Frames:35
Hitboxes out Frames: 4-7
Damage:10-12

Frames: 50 (uncharged)
First Hitboxes out Frames 3-8
Damage:1
Second Hitboxes out frames 8-13
Damage:1
Third Hitboxes out Frames 14-23
Damage:14

Frames: 51(uncharged)
First Hitboxes out Frames 4-6
Second HitBoxes out Frames 17-20
IASA: 43

Frames:52
Frame 4 starts Hitbox Loop (3x)
Damage: 1-2
Duration: 3 Frames
Repeat 2 Frames later
Second hitbox comes out Frame 15-17
Frame Speed Multiplier 2.75x Frames 17-28
Frames Speed Multiplier 1.25x Frames 29-45
Landing Lag: 16
L-cancel: 8

Hitboxes out Frame: 9
Damage:13-15
Frame Speed Modifier 2x Frames 23-27
IASA: 33
Landing Lag: 17
L-Cancel: 8

Frames: 39
Sweet Spot Frames: 10-12
Damage: 12-14
Sour Frames: 13-25
Damage: 6-8
Landing Lag: 19
L-cancel: 9

Frames: 45
First Hitboxes out: 9-27
Damage: 12-14
Second Hitboxes out: 14-27
Damage: 9-10
IASA: 43
Landing Lag: 22
L-cancel: 11

Frames: 37
First Hitboxes out: 9-14
Damage: 10-12
Spike Hitboxes out: 12-14
Damage: 10-12
Landing Lag: 21
L-cancel: 10

Frames: 31
CatchBoxes Out: 7-8

Frames: 41
CatchBoxes out: 9-10

Frames:36
Catchboxes out: 9-10

Frames: 18
Hitboxes out: 2-3
Frame Speed Multiplier .8182x Frame: 2

Frames: 37
Intangible Frames: 1-6
Sweet Spot Hitbox Frame 5 (Still there to Frame 15 but size reduced to Zero at frame 6)
Second Hitbox: Frames 8-15
Damage: 8
Third Hitbox: Frames 10-15
Damage: 7

SweetSpot Hitbox Frames:11-15
Damage: 14
Second Hitbox Frames: 12-15 (continued sweet spot?)
Damage: 14
Third Hitbox Frames: 13-15
Damage: 9
Allow Ledge Grab at Frame 13

Hitbox Frames: 7-14
Damage: 12
IASA: 35
Landing Lag: 14

Quick Attack
Frames: 56
Intangible frames: 1-23
Hitbox Frames: 25-29
Damage: 8

Quick Stand
Intangible Frames: 1-26

Quick Roll
Frames: 50
Intagible Frames: 1-27

Quick Jump
Frames: 46
Intangible Frames: 1-16
Pretty sure you can start aerials at frame 17

Slow Attack
Frames: 70
Intangible Frames: 1-34
Hitbox Frames: 38-42
Damage: 10

Slow Stand
Frames: 60
Intangible Frames: 1-55

Slow Roll
Frames: 80
Intangible Frames: 1-50

Slow Jump
Frames: 41
Intangible Frames: 1-20
Pretty sure you can start aerials at frame 21

V0.01
Added the Landing Lag information generously provided by Sartron
Added Slow-mo Hitbox animation
Fixed the Hitbox Frame Data for the Fair (just frame 9 not frames 9-11)

V0.02
Added Landing lag for glide attack.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I remember smashmods had frame data for PM Pit. Is there a lot of change from when that was released?

Last edited:

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
I remember smashmods had frame data for PM Pit. Is there a lot of change from when that was released?
This is the old thread. It was made during demo 2.1 so there may be some inaccuracies in that thread, but I suspect that the animations are generally the same. If you're still curious I have changelogs archived on my pastebin or you can just go on the Project M news archive on their website.

Last edited:

Zimflare

Smash Apprentice
Any other requests, my next project is slow-mo hitbox animations.
As I mentioned before, glide attack data would be appreciated and slow-mo GIFs is a great idea. I also wanted to say that putting the landing lag for all aerials, l-cancelled and non l canceled, would be nice. Great work though, I really like this thread.

Doppler12

Smash Apprentice
As I mentioned before, glide attack data would be appreciated and slow-mo GIFs is a great idea. I also wanted to say that putting the landing lag for all aerials, l-cancelled and non l canceled, would be nice. Great work though, I really like this thread.
Landing lag is hard to accomplish in Brawl box, anyone have suggestions on how to actually capture the exact frames from Dolphin?

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
In order of Neutral, Forward, Back, Up, and Down, here's the aerial landing lags.
8/16, 8/17, 9/19, 11/22, 10/21

To capture frames of something in Dolphin, you would set Dolphin to dump frames.
To view a game frame by frame you would use Frame Advance.

It should go without saying that you shouldn't neglect the frame speed modifiers by just tacking them onto your post. I highly recommend taking them into account as part of your normal data, otherwise any move with a frame speed modifier is inaccurate.

Last edited:

Doppler12

Smash Apprentice
It should go without saying that you shouldn't neglect the frame speed modifiers by just tacking them onto your post. I highly recommend taking them into account as part of your normal data, otherwise any move with a frame speed modifier is inaccurate.
Is there a tutorial on how to do that, or can you explain to me how to, this is my first attempt at something like this.

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
Is there a tutorial on how to do that, or can you explain to me how to, this is my first attempt at something like this.
Unfortunately, there's no tutorials on making frame threads. This usually results in people making frame threads and abandoning them very quickly once they realize the difficulty. I'm trying to prevent that here. :( A tutorial would certainly be something I'd be interested in having a hand in writing someday.

Anyways, basically frame speed modifiers work by slowing or speeding down the animation of a subaction. For example, 2x is 2x faster 0.5x is half faster, 1x is default speed.

To start off with, I would recommend creating a list of all of Pit's move that have frame speed modifiers even if they have only 1x frame speed modifiers. The Project M codeset also includes frame speed modifiers on some moves. All tethers have frame speed modifiers.
To find out true animation times you can use a console or Dolphin (easier). If you're on console, use the frame advance code. Once ingame, you can now just view things frame by frame ingame. This means you would start the action and count each frame that it lasts for. It can get very repetitive or boring. I'd extremely heavily super recommend using color overlays to denote when an fsm occurs, or for whatever purposes you want to use them for to make the process easier.

There's people better at explaining this kind of thing than me, so maybe MonkUnit or Aerodrome will roll around and clarify if needed.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I should go ahead and mention that if you still need help with stuff then feel free to ask here or PM :)

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
*Donkey Kong Dash Attacks into topic*

I don't know how to explain it any better than you have but I am definitely here to be used at your disposal. I can gather the data for the moves with FSM's if need be.

*Pit Side B's away*

Zimflare

Smash Apprentice
In order of Neutral, Forward, Back, Up, and Down, here's the aerial landing lags.
8/16, 8/17, 9/19, 11/22, 10/21
I don't want to cause you any trouble, but if it is available, can you find the landing lag for glide attack? It seems fairly fast but I can't be sure.

Doppler12

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to cause you any trouble, but if it is available, can you find the landing lag for glide attack? It seems fairly fast but I can't be sure.
its 14 frames. Also the Frame data OP has been updated
Also will probably redo the slow-mo gifs, they're not quite slow enough.

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
Does anyone know if late fair to jab is safe on shield? (ie: not able to be shield grabbed?)
I seem to get shield grabbed out of fair a lot so largely resorting to dairing behind shields. Occasionally I can hit a shield with a late fair and DD > grab but it doesn't seem to be guaranteed.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Does anyone know if late fair to jab is safe on shield? (ie: not able to be shield grabbed?)
I seem to get shield grabbed out of fair a lot so largely resorting to dairing behind shields. Occasionally I can hit a shield with a late fair and DD > grab but it doesn't seem to be guaranteed.
ehhhhhrrgggggghhhhh

Depends on how late

Late enough to l-cancel?

Edit: Fair not safe on shield even with the clean hit, you only get like 3 or so frames to use. Undoubtable would be unsafe with the late hit.

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
Thanks @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer
are you aware of anything frame safe Pit can do vs a shield? Or do I need to start being way less aggressive with aerials v grounded opponents? (I'm a melee spacie main so I'm conditioned to bash shields).

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
umm

neutral b

(I'll check again when I get home, but I'm pretty sure none of his aerials are that safe. Technically fair IS safe, but you can't really string it into anything else)

Ethireal

Smash Rookie
So what is the frame data for his neutral b? I'd like to know hitstun for it if anyone knows.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Thanks @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer
are you aware of anything frame safe Pit can do vs a shield? Or do I need to start being way less aggressive with aerials v grounded opponents? (I'm a melee spacie main so I'm conditioned to bash shields).
Your best bet is to try to move out of punish range with fj instant dair on shield, otherwise there is just grab and arrows from distance

Kankato

Smash Journeyman
On Pit's uair, is the hitbox covering his body as strong as the hitboxes on his blades?

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
So what is the frame data for his neutral b? I'd like to know hitstun for it if anyone knows.
I don't know the specific mechanics, but I can just give you a dump of hitbox data. Judging by the PSA data the arrow just stales.

[collapse=Hitbox Data: Arrow]Frames 1-13
Code:
Hitbox ID=0, Size=1.25, Damage=3, Shield Damage=2.1, Angle=80°, Raw Knockback (0%/100%)=33.813/77.563, Base Knockback=10, Weight Dependent Set Knockback=0, Knockback Growth=125%, SDI Multiplier=1.25x, Clang=True, Effect=N/A, Hitstun (0%/100%)=13/31, Shieldstun=3, Hitlag (Attacker/Victim)=8/8
Frames 14-18
Code:
Hitbox ID=0, Size=1.25, Damage=3, Shield Damage=2.1, Angle=80°, Raw Knockback (0%/100%)=29.050/64.050, Base Knockback=10, Weight Dependent Set Knockback=0, Knockback Growth=100%, SDI Multiplier=1.25x, Clang=True, Effect=N/A, Hitstun (0%/100%)=11/25, Shieldstun=3, Hitlag (Attacker/Victim)=6/6
Frames 19-25
Code:
Hitbox ID=0, Size=1.25, Damage=2, Shield Damage=1.4, Angle=80°, Raw Knockback (0%/100%)=17.064/35.264, Base Knockback=5, Weight Dependent Set Knockback=0, Knockback Growth=65%, SDI Multiplier=1.25x, Clang=True, Effect=N/A, Hitstun (0%/100%)=6/14, Shieldstun=2, Hitlag (Attacker/Victim)=3/3
Frame 26-end
Code:
Hitbox ID=0, Size=1.25, Damage=1, Shield Damage=0.7, Angle=361°, Raw Knockback (0%/100%)=8.195/17.645, Base Knockback=0, Weight Dependent Set Knockback=0, Knockback Growth=45%, SDI Multiplier=1.25x, Clang=True, Effect=N/A, Hitstun (0%/100%)=3/7, Shieldstun=2, Hitlag (Attacker/Victim)=1/1
[/collapse]

EDIT: Oh yeah, and and the calculated data applies to characters with a weight of 100 (Lucario, Mario, Luigi). Heavier characters will take less hitstun and lighter characters take more.

On Pit's uair, is the hitbox covering his body as strong as the hitboxes on his blades?
The hitbox on his body is stronger than the ones on the blade.

Last edited:

Ethireal

Smash Rookie
Sartron, you're the man. A quick clarification, are these charged or uncharged?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Upward angled attacks have higher damage usually. Sometimes this is to compensate for their higher angles.

Liquid Brick

Smash Cadet
That was my assumption, thanks. Now does a 2% difference translate into a noticeable increase in KB? I know % in general matters for stun and KB, but it's cool to think that such a small difference in % could have a huge impact...

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
1 unit is not worth much, but you can get the general idea by going to training mode on the sandbag stage and set a characters % to 100 and try it there

Top Bottom