• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media Pit/Dark Pit's Arial side B ledge cancel?? Smash Ultimate

iv.clover

Smash Rookie
"No I'm not talking about the grounded side B ledge cancel where you roll and ledge cancel from there."

Mainly looking for any possible way to practice the arial version of this move. I feel like I've looked everywhere for resources but I could only find smash 4 references to the grounded version. And when mentioning the arial version they just say find and practice hitting the "SPOT", like what spot??? :mad:

Any tips?? :confused::confused::confused:

:ultdarkpit::ultpit:

Courageous Baka

Smash Apprentice

I'm the one performing the edge cancels in the replay. Note that I've only tested this on Battlefield's platforms.
From the lower platforms of Battlefield, if you stand right in the middle of the platform or at least very close to the middle (while still decently close to the ledge) you can edge cancel Side B on the top platform by inputting it at the peak of your full hop. Of course, just make sure that you hold forward on the ground so that you slide off the ledge.

I'm not knowledgeable about all the applications of this technique, but I hope this helps somewhat

Courageous Baka

Smash Apprentice
To get you more information, I went on Discord and asked a few people. Here's what I got from one person.

"I think it's good to practice occasionally and be confident in, but not something to obsess over
You can nair out of it if you start holding A during the landing frames
But if you're too early or late you'll get fair which you'll probably want anyway lol
The main reason it's not great is just because of the startup"
"I think it's better to practice side b edge cancel without specific spacings
cause you're not going to be able to line yourself up in the middle of a match like that
it's better to be able to visualize it with just Pit and a platform, instead of relying on a visual to line up with for specific stages"

Top Bottom