• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pit and ike in dubz

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hi boards, im conducting research with other character boards who i believe would be a great dubz character for pit. please post ur thoughts and opinions as this will help me pick a dubz partner boost both chars dubz potential. here is what i see from this team.

pros:
with pit stock tanking and arrow planking ike's high damage and knockback moves become 10x more fearsome

pit can wing dash ike towards opponents while ike charges a smash and because hes got low traction pit can keep doing this making ike in essence a flying tank

because our arrows or woi ike's jab can be in essence inescapable.

both characters grabs only benefit the other

pits who have extreme arrow accuracy can make ike's recoveries legit (like me, not braggin it's just a fact. i practice my arrows and im proud of em damn it)

this team would be getting kills in the 80s or lower cause ike is bomb like that

thoughts and opinions please!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Metaknight

GG :\

Ike is a horrible character in doubles. Simply because its much easier to get gimped. Especially if an MK is on the other team. Ike's teammate needs to be able to combat MK and able to go off stage fast to save Ike from MK and have an attack that can knock him back to stage

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
as long as MK exists, Ike sucks in competitive doubles.

However, against MK-less teams, Ike is a strong force indeed.

But lol look at doubles results, top teams almost always have MK in it.

Ike loves mid tier doubles

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
ok i know that mk can shut people down but mk aside can i get some actual input? i mean not every one uses mk in team and hell pit's wing refresh chase is more than capable of saving ike offstage from mk. not many know this but off stage pit's dair and bair are a big threat to mk. plus pit's dair send u up and his fair and bair can hit u to the stage. and u don't ever have to worry about saving him offstage either

so please don't be narrow minded when it comes to this. i've seen plenty of mk-less dubz teams so u can't just count ike out for that. come on can i get some actual discussion?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Throws set up smashes, Ike's throws are easy to follow up for Pit if he's in position. If not, Ike can just do dash attack if there is room. Pit can take advantage of how easy Ike gets people offstage with bthrow > dash attack.

Ike should be relying on nairs usually, fair is too big and might hit Pit as well so ill advised to use fair when the teammate is near by. Ike should just focus on jabs, nairs, and bairs (shocker) and never leave himself open to be hit as its easy for him to take damage in doubles. Ike should be assertive and getting into the face of the opposing team but focused on landing jabs and landing kill moves as a follow up from Pit.

Pit should be causing chaos to let Ike get inside of the other team. If they can ignore Pit and focus only on Ike, he's gonna get juggled pretty badly. Also Pit should focus on keeping someone juggled, and if both are in the air, Ike can then start using his uair and usmash and have and easy bait/set up with Pit

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
thank u for your input. please guys go on this is great. and yes i completely agree that unless pit creates chaos ike is screwed. it's a good thing that pit excells in creating chaos tho then :) but seriously keep going and again thank u ike boards

no1 else got any info?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Please just use the Edit function instead of double-posting. If nobody has posted here in two days though it's probably safe to say no one else has any additional info. I've never teamed with a Pit or seen an Ike/Pit team play, so I can't really add much to this.

:248:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
alright then ill just take this info and see wat i can come up with in tourney.

thank you for your participation ike boards. when i get an ike to try this with me (or 1 of you finds a pit who will try this) i will put up some videos if it works out the way i think it will. all of your input was most appreciated

Top Bottom