• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit’s Demo Framedata

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I would like to thank Zapp Branniglenn Zapp Branniglenn for compiling all this data so far. You can see his here. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-ZLcIGcSO-TfsS3o0S3D1t_ttTracY-SsGXqiChBfPE/edit?usp=sharing

It’s not quite complete, and it can often be hard to judge due to numerous factors... And of course it’s subject to change. But it’s quite interesting nonetheless.

I’m just assuming I can post what you’ve collected, right Zapp? Give me word and I’ll take it down.

Just focusing on the endlag/landing lag because it seems like startup is unchanged, including the new dash attack.

Jabs are unknown
Ftilt is unknown
Dtilt is 30, down from 32
Utilt is 33, down from 43
Dash Attack is 37, down from 39
Smashes are unknown
Nair is 13, down from 24
Fair is 12, down from 20
Bair is 11, down from 20
Dair is 14, down from 24
Uair is 14, down from 24
Specials are unknown

So yeah. Besides the damage nerf on Dair’s spike (which came with what seems to be a knockback buff) and the new Dash Attack (which seems to be a very good trade-off) it’s all buffs for Pit.

Utilt is a surprise. The move was okayish before, but with ten frames off it should be a combo starter and *might* even be decent on Ultimate’s shields should it completely connect. I guess this is so it’s not completely useless with Uair’s buffs.

Nair is still just going to be autocancelled. It’s not bad to have but it doesn’t really change anything. It may be if you nick somebody with the early hits and land it could be a free Usmash like Iair was before, but it would vary greatly depending on which hitbox you get. (And that’s assuming the hitboxes are going to be the same.)

Fair is “better” used while landing, but only just. Autocancels will be nearly as effective, if not more so because you can drift away after the final hit. Landing mid way would be decent though not great safety wise, and again may set up later combos.

Bair will be much stronger landing then using the autocancel. *Very* likely a good combo option too.

Dair’s autocancel also looks quite useless. You usually either want to use the aerial endlag or to get the landing lag. Landing Dair will surely have some effective combos.

Uair is also more effective when landing then using the autocancel. It’s not as impressive of an improvement safety wise, but still noticeable. If you get the butt hitbox before the finisher however, you’re going to be crazy + on hit, though safety wise it’s not so hot. The other hitboxes may still true combo into things, though it’ll be much tighter and probably harder to catch up since they’ll likely be flung off to the side. (Combos into DA maybe?)

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Yes, my charts can be repurposed freely. I have not found much footage of Pit, but I will add things as I see them.

I should note that total frames is not the same as FAF, however. Total frames = FAF -1.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Yes, my charts can be repurposed freely. I have not found much footage of Pit, but I will add things as I see them.

I should note that total frames is not the same as FAF, however. Total frames = FAF -1.
Whoops. Ah well, it’s just one frame... I mean I don’t think this’ll be super relevant anyway lol.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Whoops. Ah well, it’s just one frame... I mean I don’t think this’ll be super relevant anyway lol.
It's noteworthy enough to keep any eye on moves that have some evidence of a change. For instance I'm always recounting landing lag values when I see a shield or what looks like a buffered input, because the true amount might be even lower than what I noted previously. Just now I found another source for Nair that was ten frames landing lag.

Edit: Oh never mind that was an auto cancel. I forgot that Nair auto cancels right after the final hit. Also I recounted my original source and it's actually 14, not 13.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I mean, we’re probably going to end up datamining the full game like a week before release anyway, if Pokemon is anything to go by...

So how confident are you in saying Pit’s Dtilt and Dash Attack are a frame better? Dash Attack being a frame shorter because of the new animation makes sense, but Dtilt... One frame off seems overly conservative for a change, and sounds like it could be an error.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I mean, we’re probably going to end up datamining the full game like a week before release anyway, if Pokemon is anything to go by...

So how confident are you in saying Pit’s Dtilt and Dash Attack are a frame better? Dash Attack being a frame shorter because of the new animation makes sense, but Dtilt... One frame off seems overly conservative for a change, and sounds like it could be an error.
It was an error. That source shows 29. So two frames shorter. Possibly more than that since there's no way to no if Plup buffered the Utilt that immediately follows it. But the endlag being reduced at all is 100%.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Probably more than two frames off Dtilt? Very interesting... It was already pretty close to some true combos. I wonder if the angle was changed or if they intend for us to follow up with a dash attack or side B.

I just hope we’re not flying too close to the sun. Even Dorf has nerfs to balance out his buffs. The only real nerf I’ve found on Pit is his spike doing two less damage, and that’s with seemingly better base knockback anyway. His movement specs and weight seem to be the same...

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It may be slightly better... I don’t think we could use a second one so high, though I haven’t played 4 in a while.

It could also just be floatier, or Pit might just be floatier... So I wouldn’t say it’s conclusive.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well the second instant he used it was more then halfway between the blastzone and the ledge and can still be seen jumping before he SD. In Smash4 if Pit slide of the stage using side b, he was stuck in endlag of the move until pretty much the blast zone, resulting in SD. The other thing could be they lowered blast field was increased in Ultimate.

It may be slightly better... I don’t think we could use a second one so high, though I haven’t played 4 in a while.

It could also just be floatier, or Pit might just be floatier... So I wouldn’t say it’s conclusive.
No you couldn't I'm pretty sure. Though like you say, Pit could easily just be floatier

:135:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit can kill Ganondorf pretty early. Either Ganon is lighter or Pit’s side Smash is even better in this game than expected

Top Bottom