• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Piranah Plant Poison Cloud Kills White Pikmin

Cacts

Smash Rookie
Poor little guy didn't stand a chance. White pikmin is poison, I don't see any reason why a cloud of POISON would kill it...

R O F L

Smash Ace
They probably just didn't code it into the game at all, since PP is the first to use "poison" other than poison floor.

Cruelcumber

Smash Cadet
Yeah I noticed this last night while playing a match with my brother with me picking Olimar, and him Piranha Plant. However, it's important to note that in Smash Bros, White Pikmin use Darkness as their element instead of Poison. Currently, Piranha Plant's Poison Breath deals Poison damage, which as an element just got introduced in SSBU. But it does use the the Darkness effect as well in a strange way. Also I don't think White Pikmin were ever implimented to be immune to Darkness, unlike how Red, Blue, and Yellow Pikmin are immune to Fire, Water/Ice, and Electricity. So I wonder if in another future update we'll see White Pikmin gain a buff in being immune to Darkness/Poison, which would really effect immunity to certain attacks by Ganondorf, Mewtwo, and Robin. Only time will tell if this oversight gets fixed.

Top Bottom