• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pill vs other projectiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
haven't been here for a while. Soooo I'm still playing this game and though I'd get a bit of discussion going again.

Lasers- by these I mean falco's. So we all know they're a royal pain in the arse and is one of the reasons why falco's hell to play against. presonally I think pills can help if you full jump them out of sheild cos you can do them inbetween lasers. Apart from that they are a bit too slow but I'm pretty sure if you can foil approaches with them if used properly.

Needles- now this in an interesting one as most sheiks against doc will not go to you but charge needles so you full jump pill which won't reach. They then hit with the neddles on the way down. Plus neddles can kill pills. Now heres where I go back to Doc guides because looking at them you should be able to full jump pill- double jump pill over the needles. If you press B straight after you hit jump you should be able to double jump soon enough or even cape perhaps. I was watching one vid of aniki vs shu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpKkxaxvNMs

you can see a bit of what I'm talking about here

Discuss/add :laugh:

(I like brawl btw) don't hurt me :(

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Falco doesn't have to approach you though, and Sheik will eat your face if you waste your double jump anywhere near her.

Pills are good, but not better than lasers. Maybe needles, though.

HiIH

Smash Lord
Needles are better than pills, because of the incredible priority = ( (I saw priority, but it's only really against projectiles vs projectiles.)

Seriously, a single needle being able to stop a charge shot is pretty ridiculous

That's not to mention that Needles are **** at everything they do, especially edgeguarding.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Double jumping won't make you lose against sheik. It's more of a problem against marth. And if you're at a distance which you are cos you're pilling then it's not a problem.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Sheik runs as fast as Marth does...

Which is the third fastest running speed in the game.

Doc13

Smash Cadet
i think it just depends on how you space your jumps when fighting these types of projectile characters. I normally deal with falco by sidestepping some lasers, caping some, jumping over some and throwing pills whenever I can. Shieks projectiles are a bit less stressful than falco's lasers because shiek can't dish them out at the rate falco can... (i'm referring to the projectiles...) so I'll normally just cape those because shiek most likely won't use them right in your face... it's normally when you have a little space between you both, so I'll just wavedash back to gain more space and just jump over or cape them... I think the lesson to be learned here is to use variety in your techniques... Don't respond to the same projectile the same way everytime cause your opponent will then read you like a book.

err

Smash Journeyman
i soooo very badly wish we could hack this game and put an auto-cancel on the pills and

that would seriously shift dMar up quite a bit

()

HiIH

Smash Lord
Yeah, but it takes time to pull out a bomb, and the arrow has to be either charged or stuck in the ground, which takes even MORE time. It's around the same time to throw a single needle as it is to shoot a blast.

Also, you can't charge up five bombs to throw in a row, and you can hardly edgeguard with them since they usually send them up. Needles are too good.

otg

Smash Master
Pills are pretty dope, it's just about knowing when to use em. If your getting laser camped by Fox and Falco, sometimes I'll just camp right back; making sure I waveland after pills and stay at a close but safe distance. Sure I'll probably take more damage, but one pill = 4 or 5 Fox's laser, 3 or 4 falcos? They have to watch out and make sure the pill doesn't hit/change momentum, so they'll either stop or change there position. This time is when you pounce, waveland in and **** with them.

In the end lasers > pills, due to there sheer versatility.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
eleven arrow- so according to you if you dj while playing against sheik you lose? :laugh:

one thing that a lot players forget is that you can actually pill spam quite close to your opponent which imo is quite effective.

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
Very true especially against spacies, I am always amazed at how many times a close pill spam has saved my little bros Doc from death just because it stopped falco or fox in his tracks.

otg

Smash Master
eleven arrow- so according to you if you dj while playing against sheik you lose? :laugh:

one thing that a lot players forget is that you can actually pill spam quite close to your opponent which imo is quite effective.
Uh... sort of? You're right throwing pills close can sometimes throw off your opponent but you can't really throw pills that close vs Marth, Falcon or probably spacies that are smart. Marth can just eat right through pills with Fair, and Falcon can just nair right through, same with spacies. I dunno I like pills, but I think way to many docs rely on them.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Fair is the only attack marth can use. If he wants to fsmash for instance the pill will block it. Incredibly useful for coming up on the ledge

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Fsmash can eat pills or tie with them. I believe it depends on whether or not it tips.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Ledgehop pill against Marth? He'd just dtilt you and you'd die...

And I didn't say you'd auto lose if you double jump against Sheik, I'm just saying it's a really bad idea.

otg

Smash Master
Fair is the only attack marth can use. If he wants to fsmash for instance the pill will block it. Incredibly useful for coming up on the ledge
LOL, Fair is the only attack Marth can use? LOLLLLL. Have you ever played a good Marth? They will just space out Fairs against you, and make sure you can't shieldgrab them. He can just jab every pill you throw out, and than Fair right through you and that pill once when you/he gets close.

And what Marth will just randomly throw out Fsmashes to block PILLS?! That's right, really bad Marth's. Dude, good marth's aren't going to just throw out Fsmash, and they hopefully/certainly won't just be throwing it out against you by the edge unless they want to get punished.

Ledgehop pill against Marth? He'd just dtilt you and you'd die...

And I didn't say you'd auto lose if you double jump against Sheik, I'm just saying it's a really bad idea.
This, Dtilt. Good luck throwing a pill to cancel that out.

Edit:

I'm not saying "don't throw pills at Marth" or even don't throw pills at the ledge. This game is full of infinite mindgames and potential, so if you think you can get away with it than do it. Just don't rely on it as the end all solution to your problems because you will get worked.

HiIH

Smash Lord
Pills can stop an fsmash, but it's incredibly unreliable. Also, ledgehopping a pill is a bad idea against Marth since all he has to do is space a Ftilt, fair, bair, nair... well alot of things before your pill lag ends. Your better off standing up, ledgedashing/rolling, etc etc.

otg

Smash Master
Well yea Fsmash is stopped by pills, but let's be honest Pills don't come out incredibly fast and without a way to efficiently Lag cancel them (besides wavelanding), shooting them from the edge to stop a Fsmash is a VERY bad idea. That's all I'm saying, there are 1000 other things you could do that are safer.

T-Cash

Smash Apprentice
to me needles are deff not as good as pills its a bouncing 8% plus gives you enough time to move around and work around the stage

lasers are tough cause i secondary falco and i know how good perfect placed camped lasers are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom