• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin Spectrum: A Thread Game Maker (That I hope will live on)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Voting has closed for the naming of the sequal, due to having a tie of 2 to 2 Pikmin 4 3DS and Pikmin Spectrum were rolled onto a wheel and Pikmin Spectrum has won the contest

With a new name I will be able to make a Pikmin Fanon thread for this project and properly record everything in an semi official wiki

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
We officially have a wiki page, it may be empty but as we fill it with information it will become quite the socipstacated thread

Due to the size of the project it would be nice to add some assistance to this wiki page (note you need a profile on the fanon website to edit the page and add new pages)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Mamboo07 Mamboo07 2 votes
Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Gorgonzales Gorgonzales 1 vote

Mamboo07 Mamboo07
Wins

I will attempt to convert your idea into a wiki page for this game

Now it's time to create what everyone is looking forward too

Job 1: Create a the 1st Zone
Their are 7 zones in this game and each will be loosely based off a specific continent, as the first playable area it has to be approachable enough to be able to get your bearings but complex enough so that their will be decent challenges when you have access to the other Pikmin types

I think this areas should be based off an Asian country like Japan or China and the surroundings should reflect that

Dont give a map yet, we will do that after we finish all the treasures and caves for this area, just give the feel of the region and some defining landmarks such as a specific tree or sculpture

The new pikmin types introduces will be RED and CYAN so plan accordingly

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Here is an example of an area

Job 5 Great Grassroots
chinese-bamboo-garden-house-scene-51193307.jpg

This area is unique as it takes place in an ornamental chinese bamboo garden, these bamboo stalks are not just for show as they can act as chutes that can take you to higher areas

When you first land down you can only travel the immediate garden area, there is a small pond in the east of your ship and a gate in the west where you first find the red pikmin

Nearby after some traveling their is a small frost of dew which dosnt make good traction, foreshadowing the arrival of the cyan pikmin

The area is separated into the small garden where you start the the bamboo stalks bordering it which can be manipulated later to find nifty shortcuts

Overall a unique starting area

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Since the areas in looking for has a east asian theming I have a new job

Job 6 Make the first treasure
At the end of day 1 regardless of winner you will gain a treasure, usually based off a real world object

To make a treasures you must

Give a picture of the item is based on (example the courage reactor is a Duracell battery)

The name which is based on Olimars perspective of the treasure (for example a rubber duck head is a paradoxical enigma)

The value (how many pokos it's worth courage reactor for example is 210 pokos)

A breif journal description written by Olimar, this one us optional as I can make one myself if not given one

The weight will have to be 15-30 pikmin due to being the first treasure

Maybe have an east asian theming to the treasure

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 6: Blossom Drum

A simple hand-crafted and hand-painted tea cup.

Weight: 15 Pikmin
Value: 210 pokos

Description:
"This cylindrical beauty seems to have ancient hieroglyphs of floral life etched onto its sides. The five-petaled nature of these flowers leads me to believe that this could be a monument to the Pikmin... But who could have created such an object in the first place? I doubt it could have been the work of the Pikmin themselves. Perhaps I shouldn't think about it too hard for now. There's work to be done!"

EDIT: On an unrelated note, could you make the submission period and voting period for these jobs 24 hours each? I feel that they go by too fast.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 6: Blossom Drum

A simple hand-crafted and hand-painted tea cup.

Weight: 15 Pikmin
Value: 210 pokos

Description:
"This cylindrical beauty seems to have ancient hieroglyphs of floral life etched onto its sides. The five-petaled nature of these flowers leads me to believe that this could be a monument to the Pikmin... But who could have created such an object in the first place? I doubt it could have been the work of the Pikmin themselves. Perhaps I shouldn't think about it too hard for now. There's work to be done!"

EDIT: On an unrelated note, could you make the submission period and voting period for these jobs 24 hours each? I feel that they go by too fast.
I'll try to make them longer it just that entries take a while and I dont want this thread to die out like my others so I try to make it a brisk pace

With two jobs open that may help out as their more stuff to do

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Still looking for entries for the first location and treasure, look at the rules for help on that

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 5: Scorching Springs

An area set near natural hot springs. The terrain mainly consists of grass, sand, dirt, and smooth stone, with small puddles littered around the landscape and one giant spring near the edge.

The main bodies of water are too warm to be frozen, but there are a number of normal-temperature puddles suitable for Cyan Pikmin. Some bodies of water are too hot to handle and staying in them for too long will damage you and your squad; a few puzzles are placed near or in these locations, so quick-thinking abilities are needed to get past these (when the player comes back here with blues later on, they should be able to become accustomed enough to the game's mechanics for this to be a fair challenge).

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 5: Scorching Springs

An area set near natural hot springs. The terrain mainly consists of grass, sand, dirt, and smooth stone, with small puddles littered around the landscape and one giant spring near the edge.

The main bodies of water are too warm to be frozen, but there are a number of normal-temperature puddles suitable for Cyan Pikmin. Some bodies of water are too hot to handle and staying in them for too long will damage you and your squad; a few puzzles are placed near or in these locations, so quick-thinking abilities are needed to get past these (when the player comes back here with blues later on, they should be able to become accustomed enough to the game's mechanics for this to be a fair challenge).
Yes something like that, follow his example

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Entries will end at the end of the day, you better send your entries in soon

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
With Gorgonzales Gorgonzales having the only treasure entered the Blossom Drum will be the first treasure of the game.

Despite this their are two locations to vote on

Pick your favorite location

Glubbfubb Glubbfubb Great Grassroots

Gorgonzales Gorgonzales Scorching Springs

Also two new jobs will be introduced

Job 8 create the first Citadel

Citadels act exactly like caves, I mainly changed there name in case their is an underground zone in the game, either way Citadels are a series of randomly generated dungeons of various lengths and difficulties

Since this is the first Citadel It should be 2-4 floors long and be relatively simple, since its random just give a feel of the Citadel as a whole and only point out specific obstacles when needed, give also the environment of the Citadel to give it better feel as well

Dont put in treasures that will be for a later job

Job 9 Add a returning and new enemy in the game

Quite simple, bring the return of an old non boss enemy and make a new enemy as well, the only restriction is that the new enemy must be from an existing family such as the grub dog or bread bug family, must include a pseudo scientific name, and a piklopeidia entry and a entry on how to cook this new enemy.

Also Red Bulborbs, Wollywogs, and Snitchbugs as returning enemies are banned as those are always in the games

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 8: Geyser Valley

A smooth-stone ravine containing low-flowing streams and small geysers that blast your team to new heights, just like in Pikmin 3. Rays of sunlight can occasionally be spotted as this area is not truly underground. Only includes basic, easy-to-deal-with enemies.

Job 9:
Dwarf Red Bulborb
Basic one-hit kill enemies that should be in every Pikmin game.

Mossy Wollywog
Scientific Name: Amphicaris dampus
A grey wollywog whose upper half is covered in a thick coating of green moss. It's slightly smaller than your average wollywog.
When idle, it deflates and flattens itself to the point where it's nearly indistinguishable from an ordinary mossy stone. When approached, suddenly puffs up, knocking back you and your squad. From that point it's basically like any other wollywog fight, other than the fact that it's a little weaker.

Olimar's Notes:
"Unlike the other members of the Amphituber family, this Wollywog has adapted to its environment through camouflage, a tactic rarely seen in these creatures. It disguises itself as a stone by deflating to become flat, tucking in its legs, and remaining motionless until an unwary explorer approaches it. One easily be launched backwards due to the force of its inflation when provoked."

Louie's Notes:
"Pluck off the plant material and deep-fry the legs for a savory but small appetizer."

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 8: Geyser Valley

A smooth-stone ravine containing low-flowing streams and small geysers that blast your team to new heights, just like in Pikmin 3. Rays of sunlight can occasionally be spotted as this area is not truly underground. Only includes basic, easy-to-deal-with enemies.

Job 9:
Dwarf Red Bulborb
Basic one-hit kill enemies that should be in every Pikmin game.

Mossy Wollywog
Scientific Name: Amphicaris dampus
A grey wollywog whose upper half is covered in a thick coating of green moss. It's slightly smaller than your average wollywog.
When idle, it deflates and flattens itself to the point where it's nearly indistinguishable from an ordinary mossy stone. When approached, suddenly puffs up, knocking back you and your squad. From that point it's basically like any other wollywog fight, other than the fact that it's a little weaker.

Olimar's Notes:
"Unlike the other members of the Amphituber family, this Wollywog has adapted to its environment through camouflage, a tactic rarely seen in these creatures. It disguises itself as a stone by deflating to become flat, tucking in its legs, and remaining motionless until an unwary explorer approaches it. One easily be launched backwards due to the force of its inflation when provoked."

Louie's Notes:
"Pluck off the plant material and deep-fry the legs for a savory but small appetizer."
Thanks for the new enemy idea but I explicitly said the red Bulborb will return, either way it would you change that entry (note orange Bulborbs arnt banned)

Top Bottom