• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin Spectrum: A Thread Game Maker (That I hope will live on)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Pikmin is considered one of the most underappreciated game franchises earning many fans over with it's unique and addictive gameplay and being a favorite of Miyamoto himself.

So in the eternal wait for the 4th game in the franchise I decided to skip ahead and make Pikmin 4 ourselves. This project will possibly have the following

5 New Pikmin Types: Cyan, Green, Indigo, Brown, and ???

7 Expansive worlds to explore

30 Caves to spelunk for treasures

Treasures both new and old

Brand new and weird bosses and enemies each with a detailed piklopeidia entry

3 Unique Multiplayer Mode

3 Unique Single Player Modes outside Story

And all of this is made by the community from smashbourds

Let's Begin

Job 1: A Name
Pikmin 4 is a placeholder name and I want to see what unique names we can give this entry, any entry will count as long as it's less than 5 words long (not too long in the tooth mind you)

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Stats:

New Pikmin
Cyan:
Brown:
Green:
Indigo:
Orange:

Story Maps:

Caves:

Gamemodes
Single Player 1
Single Player 2
Single Player 3

Multiplayer 1
Multiplayer 2
Multiplayer 3

Multiplayer Maps:

Enemies:
Crystal-Shelled Bulbling

Bosses:

Treasures:

Wiki Link
(Please Help with Edits)

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 1: Pikmin: Spectrum

Since we have basically all available colors now for pikmin I think having and in the vein of Sonic Colors would be cool

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Green Pikmin: Thorn Pikmin. It has thorns all around the body and cannot be eaten and can be stick into the for awhile.
Cyan Pikmin: Frozen Pikmin. It can walk on water and slow down enemies for each hit. If they're on fire, they'll die quickly than other Pikmin if you don't whistle them quickly.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job 1:
Pikmin 4 Wii U and 3Ds
I'm bad a coming up with names, I even thought ULT2MATE was a good name for an Ultimate sequel (I mean, still think it's better than infinite because infinite is impossible to live up to and sounds presumptuous, but I don't wanna get into it). If you won't allow this for obvious reasons then I guess just put Pikmin 4

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Green Pikmin: Thorn Pikmin. It has thorns all around the body and cannot be eaten and can be stick into the for awhile.
Cyan Pikmin: Frozen Pikmin. It can walk on water and slow down enemies for each hit. If they're on fire, they'll die quickly than other Pikmin if you don't whistle them quickly.
Nice entries but that's not the current job, the current job is to create a new name for this fan thread since pikmin 4 is a placeholder, holdonto to these ideas though as the next job will be for the next pikmin type

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 2 Cyan Pikmin
Cyan Pikmin are one of 4 types of new pikmin in this game, they are quite unknown in capabilities, maybe we can have soem theories

the task is to create a new species of pikmin and determine its stats and abilities

Here is a template

Cyan Pikmin
Speed: (all pikmin have a speed from 0-2, most pikmin have 1 as speed but purple and rock have 0.5 speed and white have 2 speed)

Immunities (what is this pikmin immune to, optional)

Weaknesses (any weaknesses that can cripple this species, optional)

Power: (Attack power, goes from 0-2, white and pink have 0.5, red has 1.5, purple and rock have 2 and the others have 1)

Stregth (how fast is this pikmin's carrying speed)

Abilities (what unique actions or attributes does this one species have

Red is balanced
Blue is water breathing
Yellow jumps high
Purple does shockwaves
White poisons and digs underground items
Pink flies
Rock breaks crystals)

Design Elements: (special features such as a different flower or face structure from the others

Red has a pointy nose
Blue has a mouth
Yellow has ears
Purple is hefty
White has red eyes
Pink and Rock have unique body structures)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I would say I hope E3 will make this thread redundant rather than it dying off, but who am I kidding, we're never getting that Pikmin 4 trailer.

Please be wrong in a month.
That's the reason pikmin 4 is a placeholder, so sw can gain a unique name to not cause confusion

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 2: Cyan Pikmin

Cyan Pikmin
Speed: 3.1

Immunities: Ice

Weaknesses: Fire

Power: 1.2

Strength: 0-3

Ability: Walk over water creating icy bridges for other Pikmin to walk across.

Design Elements: Hairy body with fluffy fur (To get warm from the cold)

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
It's nice that their is some growth, let's hope that continues

(Note if were going deep into this we should have some maps for the areas in the game, once we get that around to the Area jobs that is)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 2: Cyan Pikmin

Cyan Pikmin
Speed: 3.1

Immunities: Ice

Weaknesses: Fire

Power: 1.2

Strength: 3

Ability: Walk over water creating icy bridges for other Pikmin to walk across.

Design Elements: Hairy body with fluffy fur (To get warm from the cold)
I appreciate the stats, although you should edit the numbers as the stats go from 0-2 in the scale, otherwise a perfect pikmin

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
It's nice that their is some growth, let's hope that continues

(Note if were going deep into this we should have some maps for the areas in the game, once we get that around to the Area jobs that is)
Agree, what about Caves?
(I would love to see you bring those back, there's so many ideas I can come up with for new unique caves)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Agree, what about Caves?
(I would love to see you bring those back, there's so many ideas I can come up with for new unique caves)
Each area has 4 unique caves except the final area which has 6 unique caves including a 100 floor cave, that's dosnt go over the caves for any potential challenge mode we have

Since caves are randomly made you dont need to make a map unless if you specifically have a pre made floor for the boss or puzzle, cave submission jobs ask for general structure and feel such as enemies and enviroment as well as a unique end boss for each cave

Currently we dont have cave jobs, maybe after we finish the first areas and some unique enemies

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Here is my own take on Cyan Pikmin

Speed 1.5 on slippery surfaces like ice, otherwise 1 on other surfaces

Immunities: Cold and Bad Traction (I e Ice Physics)

Weaknesses: Fire is like Pikmin 2 electricity, a one hit kill

Power: 1 against normal enemies, 2 against creatures that have a slimy skin (water dimples for example)

Streghth: 1

Abilities: Can freeze and slow down enemies as well as liquids (lava water acid etc) to solve puzzles

Design: Has a cotton bulb instead of a flower and webbed feet with little toes at the end

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
If this thread gets big enough I may have to make a recording doc to record this stuff

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Think so.
We will see
(Note custom elements are allowed, but I'll be the one who develops the element based off the concepts you make for your winning pikmin so dont add a description of this new element idea)

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
With 11 pikmin types not including one offs like bulbmin and puffmin I decided to have a vote for the 12th and final pikmin type of the game

Orange Pikmin
vs
Black Pikmin

Voting will be in the polls

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Here is the general structure of the game

With 12 pikmin types their will be 7 zones

The first 6 zones will each introduce 2 pikmin types each

The final zone will be a post game zone after beating the main story

Each zone will have 4 caves each except for the final zone which will have 6 caves, one of which is a 100 floor cave bringing the total too 30 caves in the game

Treasure number is undetermined

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Their is a whole pikmin fanon wiki for pikmin fanworks, if it's possible I may be able to record out info for our pikmin fan thread

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 1 Voting: Pikmin Spectrum, Pikmin Resurgence

Also, shouldn't the first few jobs be laying out the foundation of the game?

Like, what direction we want it to go in? Basically having users submit ideas for the main gameplay loop (timer-based, cave-based, fruit-based, or something new).

I feel like jumping straight in isn't the best idea. Especially with how you have like five placeholder types for new Pikmin; wouldn't that be overwhelming/cluttered to the player?

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 1 Voting: Pikmin Spectrum

Also, shouldn't the first few jobs be laying out the foundation of the game?

Like, what direction we want it to go in? Basically having users submit ideas for the main gameplay loop (timer-based, cave-based, fruit-based, or something new).

I feel like jumping straight in isn't the best idea. Especially with how you have like five placeholder types for new Pikmin; wouldn't that be overwhelming/cluttered to the player?
Actually the first job is making a new name and the second job were voting soon is Cyan Pikmin, this is just the beginning of the project and it could be subject to change

It mainly shares gameplay so far with pikmin 2 with treasures and caves, but it has new wrinkles into the game to flesh it out more

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 2: Medic Pikmin (Cyan Pikmin)

Speed: 1 (Standard)
Power: 1 (Standard)
Stregth: 1 (Standard)

Abilities:
In the leaf stage, these Pikmin are basically the most vanilla kind of Pikmin in existence. No strengths, no weaknesses, just straight to the point.
However, in the Bud/Flower stage, these Pikmin transform into a vital asset to your team.

When a Budded/Flowered Medicmin is thrown, they create a cloud of sparkling cyan dust upon impact with the ground, reverting the Medicmin to leaf form. (The cloud has higher AoE if the Medicmin is flowered).

This dust has resurrection properties, allowing you to save fallen Pikmin.
Throwing a Medicmin at Pikmin spirits before they disappear will revive them, giving them a second chance.

These Pikmin do not have an onion due to their powerful nature and can only be found in candypop buds. These candypop buds spit out one to two seeds.

Appearance: These Cyan Pikmin are slightly larger and stockier than typical types, and have a sort of dark-cyan mane of what appears to be aloe vera-like "leaves" around its neck. Here's a rough sketch of one of the ideas I have for its design.

medicmin.png

Truth be told I'll probably adjust it some more later down the line but I wanted to whip something up real quick.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Great last minute entry Gorgonzales Gorgonzales and appreciate the art, if I make a wiki I'll add your art to the Cyan Pikmin Page

Orange Pikmin have won the vote in a score of 3 to 2

Cyan Pikmin has been closed time to vote, pick your favorite of the three, dont pick your own

Glubbfubb Glubbfubb Entry
Mamboo07 Mamboo07 Entry
Gorgonzales Gorgonzales Entry

Also a new pole will be up

Poll 2 which characters to use

You have a choice of Olimar Louie and the President
Charlie Alph and Brittany
Or three orginal characters

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Its official, I am able to make a pikmin fanon page

Since everything is now on a wiki everything can be cleaner

I cant make the physical wiki page until we vote for a name since I cant change page names during editing

As a result voting for the name will end in 3 hours so vote quickly

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Its official this project will use a wiki

I used the Pikmin Fanon Wiki to test out a custom enemy here it is

It's for the Crystal-Shelled Bulbling which will be part of the game's enemy line up

Voting for a new name will end in 3 hours and Cyan Pikmin Voting has begin and is looking for votes as well

Top Bottom