• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pikmin lineup, and re-ordering.

NOMLSmashLeague

Smash Cadet
I'm a g&w main, but find olimar very easy to adapt to, given I have a "strange" playstyle. I don't know much about olimar, but have been messing with him and really want to improve my new secondary. I have the rough idea of each colors attributes.

My main questions are: is there a way to change the order of pikmin, besides the obvious throwing them out?

And what are your favorite pikmin lineups/why?

I know these have probably been posted elsewhere, but I'm newer, and maybe ideas have changed since then with nerfs/updates. Sorry if I'm repeating a post.

Cheers, happy smashing!
NOML|Gomes

Last edited:

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
Whistle (down b), quick SHFFL'd aerials...and other then tossing them, not much else. I mean, you could upsmash if you wanted to, but using a smash attack in neutral is a bad idea, so yeah...

You could post in literally any semi-active thread and gotten an answer (unless steelguttey posts the answer. He'd probably let it double as a ****post 9.9). These boards are mainly used for musings about the lack of a proper up b and lack of grab armor these days, so you wouldn't derail a thread much, if at all.

But come 3.6, non-believers will convert to the belief in our Lord and savior Olimar and-uh...

tldr; don't worry much about derailing semi-active, non sticky threads, with simple questions for now.

NOMLSmashLeague

Smash Cadet
Awesome, I wasn't sure yet if whistling rotated the lineup. I'm noticing day by day I'm becoming more aware of where my pikmin are in the lineup.

Oli is one of those characters that just takes pure experience, I think.

steelguttey

mei is bei
(unless steelguttey posts the answer. He'd probably let it double as a ****post 9.9).
you know me too well <3

anyway, shuffling pikmin is weird. down b does it, but im nearly positive
its bugged or at least random. sometimes it shuffles them by 2, sometimes it just mixes them up, sometimes it does what i think is its intended purpose and it puts the first pikmin in the back.

honestly the most reliable way of doing it is just shffl fair. quick and ez

i like to think there is no best lineup. theyre extremely matchup specific. i plan on writing a pretty detailed 3.6 guide when it drops and ill touch on it pretty extensively,

Top Bottom