• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu+

5ive

Smash Champion
The Incomplete Guide for Using
PIKACHUUUUUU+

Under Construction

I. Rules of Discussion

1. Talk about Pikachu's meta game in Brawl+; this applies to offence, defence, recovery etc. Just make sure to stay on topic.

2. Discussing proposed buffs or nerfs of a certain move are prohibited.​

Will Update soon

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Couldn't you just up your handicap for a higher buffer when playing Pikachu?
That would make QAC more useful.

I'm looking forward to when the coders find out how to adjust grabs; getting rid of the current fix to his buffered Dthrow CG and fixing it in a different way that doesn't slow the grab down will make that throw more useful to his combo game.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Pikachu is a beast. I actually secondary Mr. Chu(james bond pika) lol

Increasing buffering allows qac a little easier but it's still not nearly as useful as it was in vbrawl.

Dthrow to nair is a godsend!

Pika air juggle game is too good.His quick aerials along with his speed makes his tech chase game crazy. Also with the new momentum codes mind game thunders are great! Pika has great thunder setups and has a well above average edge guard game thanks to the no sweetspot. I can def see pika being top 10.

Ange

Smash Lord
Nice title. [:

I dont know about the QAC renaming, it could cause confusion among people. Even tho it might not really work as a cancel anymore in Brawl+, I suggest it still would be named as QAC. What do others think?

nightSN

Smash Ace
id like for it to stay as QAC, the look of it is sooo cool ; D LOL plus it wont confuse others who are going to be join brawl+ in a later date

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Yea i say keep the qac name even if it functions differently now. New pika players that will come to brawl+ in the future won't be confused.

Im going to a brawl+ tournament this sun and i hope to have some vids of pika up by then!

Also anyone want to post some good thunder setups? I just love killing with that move lol.

5ive

Smash Champion
Alright. If you guys don't already know, I have contributed greatly to vBrawl Pika by making an Official Video Guide.

If you want to take a look, check out this thread ,
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5791219#post5791219

I will be releasing a Brawl+ Pika Guide similar to that of my vBrawl guide. This will not be out until I release my vBrawl Pikachu Highlight/Combo video. Just stay tuned.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Alright. If you guys don't already know, I have contributed greatly to vBrawl Pika by making an Official Video Guide.

If you want to take a look, check out this thread ,
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5791219#post5791219

I will be releasing a Brawl+ Pika Guide similar to that of my vBrawl guide. This will not be out until I release my vBrawl Pikachu Highlight/Combo video. Just stay tuned.
Can't wait for the guide. Im good friends with kaylo and she is so mad im playing pika in brawl+ lol. Im trying to get her into brawl+ but she don't really like it.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I really want to pick up Pika, hes really fun now with lagless QA and all. His moves are all 10x cooler without hitlag too. Only thing I have trouble with is his recovery now. Does it seem weird to you guys without autosweetspot? How do most of you get around it, just timing?

Looking forward to the guide. ^_^

5ive

Smash Champion
What I tend to do is aiming the second QA toward the ground and dashing out of it.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
This!!!

Also pika's recovery is weird at 1st but with little practice you can still sweetspot his recovery. Just got to be precise with the aiming.
Basically the ways you can sweetspot are to make sure the end of your recover ends right at the ledge, or come at the ledge from a downwards or horizontal angle.

Not that I play Pikachu by any means, but theoretically that should work based on how the No ASL code works.

5ive

Smash Champion
Alright guys, we need some input on buffering. Because Pikachu's QAC cannot function to its full abilities on low buffer, a higher buffer is recommended. The question is, what buffer do you use?

I am using 7 or 8 frames of buffer and my QAC's are as good as in vBrawl again. What do you use and why?

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Alright guys, we need some input on buffering. Because Pikachu's QAC cannot function to its full abilities on low buffer, a higher buffer is recommended. The question is, what buffer do you use?

I am using 7 or 8 frames of buffer and my QAC's are as good as in vBrawl again. What do you use and why?
I use normal 10 frames of buffer like vbrawl. It helps with my pika as well as my zss

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Wow this seems amazing...I really want to play Brawl+ now. 5ive, can you PM me the text file you have? I don't know exactly which one to use and i would like to use one that somebody else uses

5ive

Smash Champion
K, if you want the most updated code, go to Smash Workshop and check the Brawl Plussery topic.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I use 2 buffer and can QAC fine, but I mess up when I'm directing QA more often with 2 buffer I think.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I played today against my brother and pikachu is scary on flat stages. However, its way harder to combo on platforms for me...maybe cuz im not 100% used to the physics of the game...

Revven

FrankerZ
I played today against my brother and pikachu is scary on flat stages. However, its way harder to combo on platforms for me...maybe cuz im not 100% used to the physics of the game...
Try turning up your handicap, as that is your buffering. Start off at 100% until you think you want to go lower.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Since I main Pika in regular Brawl, I decided to use him in Brawl+ over the weekend.
Dang, I love how much better he is in this game.

As for the buffering, that might explain why I've been having problems with QACing.

I'll probably post some useful info after I play Pika+ a little bit more.

polyopulis

Smash Cadet
i love you. i've been waiting for some brawl+ 4.0 (brawl+ with QAC).
one thing im annoyed with though is you can't set your buffer in any mode except vs mode. (training plz)

pika is so fun in brawl+ ^^

iSpiN

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'm still intimidated by the fat ***** then. :S

I'm guessing Marth is still Pikachu's worst matchup?

sandbags06

Smash Cadet
i just started messing around with pikachu lately, and i kind of noticed something weird, and wanted to know if this was already common knowledge.

if you do a backwards quarter circle while doing thunder it's the same thing as b-sticking. i did this with an 8 buffer if that means anything. im guessing all you pika mains already know this, but just wanted to double check (for all i know, this worked in normal brawl as well, i never checked).

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
That's how you B-stick without changing the actual C-stick functions, its called wavebouncing. You can do that with all down specials that don't ruin your momentum.

TL?

Smash Ace
Has anyone mentioned quick attack cancel to a grab yet? I use quick attack to go behind the opponent and do a quick reverse grab. Then you can dthrow and start a nice up air combo lol. It works real well in brawl+. Also quick attack to sheild and sheild grab works.

5ive

Smash Champion
Yes, basically ground options out of QAC are better now.
Brawl+ Combo video being released soon.

Veril

Frame Savant
That's how you B-stick without changing the actual C-stick functions, its called wavebouncing. You can do that with all down specials that don't ruin your momentum.
lolwut

no

Wavebouncing is just an old term for b-sticking / performing a recoil special. Doing a backwards quarter circle isn't even that, its a b-reversal.

Pika is dayum good. I'm thinking of what combos I want to look at with him.

The best way to b-stick without changing the c-stick is set the L/R/z button to specials, and pseudo b-stick.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Oh right, i forgot the term B-reversal. Sorry. Also, for characters who don't have disjointed up-b's, jab ***** them off the level, its awesome. I got 30% on my brother's fox from jab when he was recovering (It's in the video emporium last post, i think its mine.)

Veril

Frame Savant
f-air landed into a grab is a ridiculously good combo since it basically always works. F-throw to QAC n-air comboed my Jiggs, one of the hardest characters in the game to combo... and I know how to DI.

I'm sooooo learning Pika+. He's got insane potential.

Like with the d-smash to thunder combo. Even if they DI you can sometimes QAC and thunder to hit them anyway.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
f-air landed into a grab is a ridiculously good combo since it basically always works. F-throw to QAC n-air comboed my Jiggs, one of the hardest characters in the game to combo... and I know how to DI.

I'm sooooo learning Pika+. He's got insane potential.

Like with the d-smash to thunder combo. Even if they DI you can sometimes QAC and thunder to hit them anyway.
Dsmash -> thunder doesn't really work, though. If they SDI the dsmash, they'll be sent away from pikachu instead of up and have to tech on the stage, so it's more likely than anything to just lead into techchasing, although you could of course thunder them if they failed to SDI.

Usmash -> thunder, however, is legit. Even dthrow -> usmash -> thunder, actually.

Top Bottom