• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu ranked #3 with customs ON?

Switch FC
SW-4514-4687-3014
How would Pikachu rank with customs ON?
Based on the current tier list with custom OFF, he is #5. Since he has better customs than ZSS, and Ryu stays default, would it be wrong to say that Pikachu is third with customs?

The Real Mr. M

Smash Rookie
I don't have much experience with customs, but you should also consider that other characters can get some real boosts when customs are allowed (like Palutena). I think Pikachu would still be pretty high on a customs tier list (especially with Heavy Skull Bash) but his exact placement may be up for debate. That being said, I can't make that determination, due to my lack of knowledge of the custom metagame.

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
Before stun jolt was nerfed, I would put Pikachu in top 3 for sure, maybe even #1 due to the stun -> heavy skull bash combo nullifying Pikachu's main limitation, his kill power, especially kill power while in the air. At EVO, it definitely seemed like ESAM won some matches from far behind just because of the custom skull bash. Sometimes Pikachus would opt for regular thunder jolt anyways in matchups where they needed the projectile pressure, so maybe the nerf isn't too bad. Sheik's customs are bad, Rosa's are pretty good, Diddy's are meh, so I could see Pikachu still being in top 3 with Rosa and Cloud or something like that.

Last edited:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Top 10 or top 15 probably. :4diddy::4sheik::rosalina::4zss::4cloud::4mario::4sonic::4fox: are still likely to be stronger than Pikachu, especially since some of them get some really good customs as well. :4bayonetta::4mewtwo::4ryu: get nothing, so Pikachu might overtake them. :4villager: gets some really good customs though, and might even end up top 10. My prediction: Pikachu would end up somewhere around #10-12th. Hard to say though, seeing how customs generally aren't legal.

Top Bottom