• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Puff Guide?

Would you like to see a pikachu vs puff guide?

• Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

_trix_

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, trix here. If you have absolutely no idea who I am, I am a moderately not bad pikachu from Chicago, and I was thinking about making a puff guide since 1. Alot of pikachus tend to struggle with the matchup. 2. Axe doesn't even play it anymore really, and I don't see any chance of him making a puff guide like he did with fox and falco. 3. I've been figuring out the matchup alot in my recent games/sets with Prince Abu, and over the past few weeks have been studying it/practicing it alot. It's probably my best matchup personally and I'd like to see if I could pass on knowledge to any pikachus who are struggling with the matchup, since I always found smashboards super helpful for when I was just coming up into the scene. Lmk what you think!

(P.S. If this goes well, I'll probably make an effort to make a lot more guides in the future, varying from new techniques, to different matchups, to how to improve combo game, etc. etc.)

Last edited:

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
Yes please! I have a good deal of trouble with this MU. I feel like bair beats all my options. :S

_trix_

Smash Apprentice
Lmao yeah I was planning on making a section literally titled "how to get around bair". It's a P good move lol

FakeSnakeJake

Smash Rookie
I feel like it's Pikachu's hardest matchup sometimes (besides IC's), so any advice would be great, let alone a whole guide.

BLOCKHEAD

Smash Rookie
NNID
nosepass
3DS FC
2079-7025-3330
yes please do a guide trix! as a former spacie main who made the switch to pika recently I struggle with this m/u and peach the most. I would love to see your perspective of the matchup : )

atara

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

_trix_

Smash Apprentice
I think it's a good idea since the matchup isn't really that bad until the Puff learns to evade every jank up-smash setup, as far as I can tell.

I watched your last match with Prince Abu and I noticed you don't invincible ledgestall ( https://smashboards.com/threads/slightly-better-edge-invincibility-refresh-tech.402755/ ); do you think this is not useful in the matchup or have you just not implemented it yet?
Haven't implemented it vs puff tbh. It's good vs everyone though

atara

Smash Cadet
I found this old thread about Pikachu's stickywalk today:

https://smashboards.com/threads/pikas-moonwalk-name-still-pending-w-vid-link-in-1st-post.127983/

It seems like if you stickywalk shorthop to first-hit (straight up) up-air (which works because Pikachu is facing backwards) you can deny Puff's landing from halfway across FD. If you do it enough times you might even be able to make her run out of jumps! I can't stickywalk at all though so I guess that would be really hard.

D. Disciple used stickywalk nair back in the day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6S9myl4-ww#t=2m18s

Last edited:
Top Bottom