• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Platform Jab Trick (new? AT?)

Hoenn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hoenn101
I encountered this today while playing a level 7 CPU DK. I jabbed him while on the edge of the smashville platform.
Pikachu's jab can easily cause the opponent to fall of the platform. This can lead to QAL setups.
You can view it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrGMeyJo5EI
On smashville since you can platform cancel, getting onto the platform to use the jab trick becomes easier.

You can single jab if you they are at the very edge of the platform, but you can always rapid jab them till they hit the edge then stop and let them fall. You'll have to time the final hit of the rapid jab so that they are at the very edge.

In the video I also encountered a ledge fall, but they still landed on the SV platform. The other player wasn't using any DI/SDI so it was kind of strange and I'm guessing it was caused by the platform moving, but it may be of some use.
Due to the height of the smashville platform this may not work any everybody.
On battle field its a different it should work on everybody that the IC Nair trick works on.

If seen coming in advance, and if you can't get it for whatever reason, just rapid jab since you are at the edge of the platform. You'll end up refreshing some moves, and will probably end up getting away since SDI gets them away from you and the situation resets.

There is more that isn't known about this, so please share any info on this.

I hope this is new and will improve pika's metagame :)
I'm sorry if this was already know, but it helps me out so I wanted to share :happysheep:

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
this reminds me a lot of the wario cg specificity. If they have to be right at the edge like that I could see a few instances where it would work but kinda like the wario cg itd be really hard to get that very specific position to come about. Nice find though, seems like if it did happen you could get a nice qal going on.

Hoenn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hoenn101
this reminds me a lot of the wario cg specificity. If they have to be right at the edge like that I could see a few instances where it would work but kinda like the wario cg itd be really hard to get that very specific position to come about. Nice find though, seems like if it did happen you could get a nice qal going on.
Thanks, but i'll have to add to it that rapid jabbing them and stopping when they hit the edge does the exact same thing, thus giving it better range and making it less situational.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Try having the opponent shield same set up / situation just hold shield and use shield stun to knock them off, they'll fall in a similar way.

Top Bottom