• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu and the 2-Frame Punish

SCOAKS5

Smash Cadet
NNID
Littecoaks
3DS FC
0834-3506-2629
The 2 frame punish is a very great skill to master in smash 4. Characters like Fox and Mario For example can use up tilt and dash attack respectively to abuse this technique. However, does Pikachu have any ways to use the 2-frame punish consistently? Use this thread to discuss any possible techniques or ways to use the 2-frame with Pikachu.

If you don't know what the 2-frame punish is, here's a video explaining it.

Dadrik

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dadrik
He does. If you ledge cancel the first angle of your quick attack on the ledge where your opponent is trying to recover, you can 2 frame punish him with a nair. Pretty effective, but quite risky: if you miss the cancel, you're pretty much dead.
Also, when your opponent is trying to recover from under the ledge, jump then fast fall dair. You can catch quite a lot of recovery.

Even recoveries with active hitboxes are vulnerable: I've managed to land these against chars like Ike, etc...

EDIT:
Here's a video with the ledge cancel nair shown: https://youtu.be/Nmzl7AuyF0Y?t=5m3s

Also, You can catch recoveries with Thunder, but I'm not sure it works on every char.

Last edited:

SCOAKS5

Smash Cadet
NNID
Littecoaks
3DS FC
0834-3506-2629
He does. If you ledge cancel the first angle of your quick attack on the ledge where your opponent is trying to recover, you can 2 frame punish him with a nair. Pretty effective, but quite risky: if you miss the cancel, you're pretty much dead.
Also, when your opponent is trying to recover from under the ledge, jump then fast fall dair. You can catch quite a lot of recovery.

Even recoveries with active hitboxes are vulnerable: I've managed to land these against chars like Ike, etc...

EDIT:
Here's a video with the ledge cancel nair shown: https://youtu.be/Nmzl7AuyF0Y?t=5m3s

Also, You can catch recoveries with Thunder, but I'm not sure it works on every char.
That's pretty nice, thanks for the info

Top Bottom