• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu 3.6 thread (OUT OF BETA)

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Discuss here or on the Skype group:

Balance changelist
Dash Attack
-Damage increased to 10 from 8 (KB uncompensated)

Tilts
-Down Tilt
--Damage increased to 8 from 7 (KB uncompensated)

Specials
-Neutral Special (Thunderjolt)
--Damage on both grounded and aerial versions is now 10 each, from 7/10.

-Up Special (Quick Attack)
--Ending lag on non-Quick Attack Cancelled 1st dash and ending on ground of the 2nd decreased from 39 to 30 frames.
--Air to ground special landing lag decreased from 30 to 24 frames. Matches Melee.

Other Changelist
-Pikachu Party Hat updated with new shader and texture

*~3.6 Full Version Update~*
With the normalization of rolls and spotdodges, Pika got a slight nerf on the spotdodge (Can act out of on frame 23->25 meaning 2 more frames of vulnerability) but its still the fastest a character can have

Last edited:

sheNanagans

Smash Apprentice
Only real change I would like to see now is something making skullbash not useless and I'll be happy with how pikachu is. Jolt damage is a pretty massive buff, and don't forget about throw release points being matched to melee (Upthrow is gonna be way better now)

Overall very happy with this!

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
Honestly d tilt getting more dmg worries me, I hope they mean by KB uncompensated they lowered the KB to match the KB increase from the dmg increase, because damage plays a factor in KB. If down tilt does have more KB because of the dmg increase, it will mean the opponent will be sent further away from you and have more time to react to teching. Honestly this is a pretty heavy nerf for D tilt if this is the case, I could care less about the 1% dmg increase, I would rather keep my d tilt combos

Last edited:

Psyant

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Psyant
Forgetting the biggest change of all, those ballin' new electric SFX.

Seriously though, not changes I was expecting but welcome nonetheless, especially in a patch where many characters have been slightly nerfed. I'm happy to see QA's air to ground landing lag matched to Melee, and the grounded jolt buff is very nice. Dtilt change is meh, and DA's damage increase is a nice thought, but it's gonna need a lot more than that to be worth using.

If throw release point on Uthrow is fixed then that's a way bigger buff than any of these changes and will help us a lot against Falco and Falcon, who previously could jump out of Uthrow CGs very early in PM.

sheNanagans

Smash Apprentice
So it looks like Autocancelled Fair out of QAC is a lot faster now which is super cool. Wavedash out of QAC is still good for distance but I think im gonna switch to AC Fair in a lot of situations

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Premium
thought behind dtilt/dashattack/jolt was to help his grounded/air to ground moves so he was not as weak vs CC at relevant percents (especially vs light characters) and it would also help his damage output without having to change his nuanced aerial game.

these things might not seem like that much, but they can really add up when you're getting 30% (which is pretty relevant to getting the KD against spacies and etc) in less moves.

Psyant

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Psyant
Yeah, okay, fixed Uthrow is godlike. Can CG fastfallers to hell and Uthrow to Bair is an amazing finisher against semi-fastfallers that they can't DI to escape. Pikachu feels a lot more complete now!

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
thought behind dtilt/dashattack/jolt was to help his grounded/air to ground moves so he was not as weak vs CC at relevant percents (especially vs light characters) and it would also help his damage output without having to change his nuanced aerial game.
Thanks for explaining.
Is there a reason why ftilt and Skull Bash haven't been matched to Melee?

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
All I know is that Melee skull bash can have a max charge damage of 29% and if you smash the control stick as opposed to tilt it Pika flies about half a character length more or so. Changing it to be like this probably won't help Pika though.

Anyway I've finally been able to play. Loving the new electric and other sfx making Pika feel meatier. As a user of the party hat costume, I'm a bit confused at the loss of a vivid purple in the hat but at least the texture looks nicer. What is it like... lavender or something?

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
After playing pikachu in 3.6, I was acctually surprised on how big the buff was for quick attack. You can acctually quick attack on to the stage without getting punished.

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
I mean as long as you do it sparingly. Less landing lag frames is still compensated by massive like of aerial drift. So an opponent can catch you going high, and aiming into the ground is still comparable to before.

Also I just discovered you can waveland out of shorthop Bair, but since the tweaks avoided aerials this wasn't a 3.6 change right? So Pika could do that even before or was I just unaware?

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
I acctually tested pikachus d-tilt on 3.5 and 3.6 and can confirm that d tilt in 3.6 has more Knockback. You can still do dtilt combos but it doesn't feel the same anymore, and they are a lot easier to escape. Can the pmdt please give us back 3.5 d tilt, it was a lot better for comboing.

Last edited:

sheNanagans

Smash Apprentice
I feel like dtilt was a really good buff. its harder to cc it now, and the combos feel similar to me. The extra damage is a nice bonus too I guess.

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
I feel like dtilt was a really good buff. its harder to cc it now, and the combos feel similar to me. The extra damage is a nice bonus too I guess.
the only combo I miss was D tilt > D tilt > Dtilt > Dair/ Edgegaurd situation.
Now it's D Tilt > maybe D tilt > techchase.

Not only that but carring someone from one side of the stage to the other by hiting them with d tilt felt super satisfying.

Last edited:

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
the only combo I miss was D tilt > D tilt > Dtilt > Dair/ Edgegaurd situation.
Now it's D Tilt > maybe D tilt > techchase.

Not only that but carring someone from one side of the stage to the other by hiting them with d tilt felt super satisfying.
That is indeed a trade off, but when you consider how many characters can just Crouch cancel it in comparison to melee, it makes sense to give it more knockback. But that's just me. Maybe Dtilt into grab or quick nair instead?

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
We all got buffed and NO ONE ELSE DID THAT'S THE BIGGEST BUFF.
Actually Zelda and zard got buffed too lol
There were actually more than just a couple characters that got buffed. most of the accepted lower portion of the tier list got buffed. in fact, the zard and zelda buffs are minimal compared to some of the others. MK, ZSS, link, bowser, pit, snake, sonic, ness, and ivy all also got buffed.

pikas in a pretty good spot right now though. dash attack realllly needed some help. im glad they gave it something.

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Dash attack has the perfect level of mediocrity right now. And I know at least one guy I've played who has complained about how far he gets sent when I d-tilt him, so something must have been done right lol.

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
lmao if you guys arent going to fix skull bash can you just remove it from the game. Nothing pisses me off more when i accidently use skull bash.

Edit: yea I forgot skull bash is acctually really good for recovering. I just get salty whenever I use skullbash on accident instead of b reversal thunder jolts

Last edited:

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
The downtilt buff acctually does pretty well against people who CC. But some characters are still able to hit me before I get the 2nd d tilt out. Still kinda miss old d tilt. I think what down tilt really needs is for the hurt box to not extend when I use down tilt. A lot of the times I get grabbed when I use down tilt because the hurt box extands.

Last edited:

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
@ Sourpatch Sourpatch I can't my Wii right now but I think if you do it on the earliest possible frame you have the leniency of a couple of frames at the end to do it. I'll edit this post with proper info once I have the time for some debug mode.

EDIT: So I think because of the physics delay, you can't waveland on the frame just before you land, so you have 3 frames to get the SH Bair waveland and only if your initial input is frame perfect. This also means such a technique will become frame perfect if the physics delay is fixed, but at least Bair seems to finish early enough that normal landing lag (and therefore fastest shield possible) can come out anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom