• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

Bouse

Smash Ace
It's funny... I normally need alcohol to calm myself down to play Brawl. Pikachu requires caffeine... I f*cking love QuACking.

~PsykoTek~

Smash Cadet
Hello im new to this section of the character boards, but im starting Pikachu out and I wanted to know from the Pika People, how EXACTALLY do you QAC and whens the best to use QAC, and what are the best moves to come out a QAC eith exactally? ( like a NAIR or U-AIR what? )

~PsykoTek~

Smash Cadet
Hello im new to this section of the character boards, but im starting Pikachu out and I wanted to know from the Pika People, how EXACTALLY do you QAC and whens the best to use QAC, and what are the best moves to come out a QAC eith exactally? ( like a NAIR or U-AIR what? )
Could you answer this 4 me Stealth?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
you qa into the ground. it wil lauto cancel. first use dair to get the timing down. then you can use thunder, up b again, or jump out of it. just go into practice mode and practice.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
If I have a video of a match I had using Pika, where should I post the link so I can get some feedback? I don't really want to start a new thread.

gallax

Smash Hero
i would start a new thread if you are posting a vid so people can actually look at it because they want to critique it.

Reasons

Smash Rookie
I need help against Fox.

lol 4 srs.

How do I beat u-tilt spam? All this Fox does is put his back to me and spam u-tilt. It clashes with t-jolt (and even the Thunder 2, the one that hits Pikachu, wtf), so he doesn't even have to stop to put up his shield/reflector.

I tried QACing behind him and then in front of him for a nair which worked a couple times, but then he just moved to the very edge of the stage so I can't even do that anymore. Mind you, he's not mindlessly doing u-tilt over and over. If I go for a FF fair or dair, he shields and d-smashes me away and spams u-tilt again until I can die with an u-smash. I tried baiting a response by landing outside his d-smash and u-tilt range but he never fell for it :ohwell:...

halp plz it's embarrassing to lose to Fox lol.

Reasons

Smash Rookie
Did you do the dthrow chaingrab
Well here's the thing: I CAN'T GET A GRAB IN BECAUSE HE'S SPAMMING U-TILT.

I think DI (Direcetional Influence) should be used. Not sure which direction though. Try pushing up and dodge or something once you're free.
Oh, that's fine and jolly and all, but if I do that, I'm back at square one, but with +20% more damage. I'm looking for a way to outright beat his u-tilt and for a way to approach.

Zylar

Smash Ace
DI is for (ovbiously) when you are caught in it.
If he is truely spamming it, could you at least predict it, shield when it comes and then do a shield grab?
Sounds like he does nothing else at close range, roll around him then attack, use bair or jab for it's high priority, use dtilt to outrange it, force him to approch and predict his utilt when he gets near, try to see if skull bash stops/surprises him, heck try a reversed aerial thunder. (That way if it's reflected it won't hurt you)

All in all : Experiment. If I'm still unhelpful, wait until tomorrow for more knowledgeable pikas to reply.
BTW. Pika verses Fox is like the worst matchup in the game. (Fox with a huge disadvantage.) Either he's THAT much better, or you haven't tried hard enough to get around, take advantage, or mindgame it.

Reasons

Smash Rookie
DI is for (ovbiously) when you are caught in it.
If he is truely spamming it, could you at least predict it, shield when it comes and then do a shield grab?
I only fight this matchup on wi-fi. It's just not a feasible option.

Sounds like he does nothing else at close range, roll around him then attack,
He's stays right at the edge, so if I roll behind him, I still get tipped by his u-tilt.

use bair or jab for it's high priority, use dtilt to outrange it,
bair gets the same result as fair, shield to d-smash. But I'll try jab and more d-tilt, thanks :). And if they don't work, there's always tomorrow.

And yeah I know it's the worst match up in the game, that's why I said that it was embarrassing that I lost lol.

And I have another question that's not really related to Pikachu, but yeah. When I get a grab and start the d-throw chaingrab, he breaks out ridiculously fast. It's not really a problem because I just stopped pummeling, but I was just wondering how he broke out of the grab after 2 immediate pummels at around 50%. Is he just spazzing out on his controller while I'm throwing him, or is there an actual method of breaking out of a grab that fast?

Zylar

Smash Ace
I only fight this matchup on wi-fi. It's just not a feasible option.
No Johns, it is a legit option on wifi. People Di out of my online pikachu's dsmash all the time.

He's stays right at the edge, so if I roll behind him, I still get tipped by his u-tilt.
Hmm, spot dodge??? lol

bair gets the same result as fair, shield to d-smash. But I'll try jab and more d-tilt, thanks :). And if they don't work, there's always tomorrow.
Try Shield > Spot > dodge > DSmash.

And yeah I know it's the worst match up in the game, that's why I said that it was embarrassing that I lost lol.

And I have another question that's not really related to Pikachu, but yeah. When I get a grab and start the d-throw chaingrab, he breaks out ridiculously fast. It's not really a problem because I just stopped pummeling, but I was just wondering how he broke out of the grab after 2 immediate pummels at around 50%. Is he just spazzing out on his controller while I'm throwing him, or is there an actual method of breaking out of a grab that fast?
Honestly, it could be cause of the lag. Maybe you did too many pummels for that low of a percent, if not maybe he escaped because you weren't spot on with the grab. I know "spazzing out on the controller" doesn't do anything.

Also, not necessarily to aid you verses Fox, but to aid you in general, take a look at the vidio guide. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md848biPmWA
Maybe something in there will help/inspire you.

Reasons

Smash Rookie
No, it is not a legitimate option on wi-fi to run up to an u-tilt and take advantage of just a few frames of lag between one u-tilt and the next, shield, and then grab. Not to mention Pika's bad grab range. And if I spot dodge, then I just get hit with the next u-tilt lol. But thanks for helping though, I'm not sure if you caught it the first time when I thanked you for your time. And yes, I've already seen the video guide before, it's very well made.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
A fox spamming utilt and a pikachu unable to counter? Thats an odd situation.
This shouldnt be happening in the first place.

I would first recommend that you do not approach with SH fair or any other aerial. It may be that your too predictable with your approaches. Mix it up a bit. Wait for him to come to you because you can out projectile spam him.

If he always does the same thing over again, shouldnt you be getting used to this playing style? This fox is obviously not perfect. He does not have perfect timing and perfect spacing. A lot of pikachus attacks outrange his. You just have to get used to his constant playing style. If he continuously goes to edge and spams utilt and tries to space with his usmash or other attacks, you should get the idea of what to counter with.

Its all about testing the possibilities.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
perhaps the commence **** doesnt always work. but i promise you. on ALL heavies and fast fallers, utilt to grab is garaunteed below about 10%. its a *****y way to get a grab. actually the list of people it works on will correlate very well to the chars we can cg.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You could be a real a** and just crouch there until he comes to you. (Crouch so he can't laser spam.) Serves him right for running to the edge and spamming.

Or you could run up, shield grab his utilt. Shouldn't be too hard if that's all he's doing.

Or you could outrange his utilt with dtilt, fsmash, whathaveyou.

Or you could do any of the things everyone else has suggested.

But really, I'd go for the shield grab, because once he's grabbed by Pika, Fox is pretty much f**ked.

Khanxay

Smash Cadet
@The guy having trouble with Fox's Uptilt: I might have to test this but get in mid-range for a Skull bash, charge fully and go for it. It -should- go right through. If he shields it, it will push him right off onto the ledge and you can go from there.

This is assuming he's not going to try to dodge it of course.

EDIT: And if that does indeed work, in the southern wording: "That'll learn him"

gallax

Smash Hero
if that fox is spamming utilt then tjolt his *** or airdodge>spotdode>grab/dtilt. come on.

oh and just grab the sob. then usmash him at 75%.

Top Bottom