• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
well when i mained him, FO, and FD, and YI and SV, were my best stages, i guess its just a personal Preference. I havent realllly fought any good marths, lately.

Frio

Smash Champion
I have a question about wolfs cg.

Dthrow x 3 > Pummel[Fthrow] > Dthrow x 14[13] > grab

Does this mean after my 3 down thows, do I pummel once then F throw?

TheMike

Smash Lord
Has anybody ever seen a Spike with Pikachu's Dsmash? When I hit the Fox CPU lv. 9(he just jumped without grabbing the edge and than I Dsmashed as edge guard), the Dsmash spiked/semi-spiked him.

I have the video and I can record it. :]

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah, dsmash can stage-spike/spike people if it hits them from above. It's a weak one, though, and they'd have to be pretty dumb or unlucky -- or a CPU, lol -- to get hit by it.

No vids needed, it's been known for a while now.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Not really. Unless the platform is madd low and/or the opponent is really tall, you won't hit them.

Generally, being on a platform directly above an opponent is a situation where your best option is to.... get off the platform.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Nuuuuuuu!!! I'll find something. What the heck was the old pic anyways? I never look at the OP

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
A slightly larger version of this:

Kind of appropriate for a Q&A thread, hehe.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Does anyone have a video link of a MK+Pika team doing the U-throw -> Thunder instant KO?

I'm trying to get the timing down, but I can't seem to do it consistently at all for some reason.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I think there's a glitch where it only works the first time (per stock or something)... and then the other times MK and the opponent both dies. The other pikachu's could probably elaborate on what i am talking about since they know about it.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
LDPK is right..... it only works the first time. Also has to do with port priority, I think.... or something.

Afaik, there're no vids of it atm.

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
if the mk has a port number smaller than the guy getting grabbed, he will get knocked back. Idk whether the pika's port number matters.

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
I have a problem agaisnt lucarios lol I cant kill that furry >.< approaching and racking up damage isnt the problem at least. Any tips/ideas to kill lucario with dimished nair and fsmash?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Nah, it's not nearly as simple as he's making it sound. Killing Lucario can be a real pain since his aerials > ours, and his disjointed bull**** can make it hard to get in close enough to land a KO move.

Just be patient and look for opportunities to punish. You won't hit with anything if you try to rush in.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
up tilt is an amazing set up for a thunder kill. also an unexpected u-smash or n-air is also goood onesss for killing. Not just Lucario but most of the mid-small characters

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
im just saying if you cant land those utilt to thunder is very viable, and is imo the best "early" kill pikachu has. it is my preferred way to kill lucario, though i will admit he is one of the harder to land it on.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
For me personally, just n-air, and up-smash work the best for me while facing a good lucario

;)

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Ima have to agree with stealth in terms of my preferences. I feel that against a more fluid lucario, the rolls and aura spacings really frustrate my clean u-smash and n-air attempts. Maybe that's just me. N-airs offstage may be a different story tho in some situations.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
Off stage n-air i meann. But yeah, with good aura spacing it hard to get a kill move in.
For me, all i do is camp, and QaC, to get around him. And look for an openning to get him off stage and just edge guard/gimp till he falls to his doom >:D

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
thats basically all you can do to lucario. also baiting fsmash and psheilding it is a good way to get inside lucario, you can hyphen smash lucario out of a psheild fsmash

Frio

Smash Champion
whats the best strategy for faceing skilled ikes? they are pissing me off.
Well I normally try to go for the chaingrab when he has a fresh stock. Also spam B since they don't have a projectile. And Ike's recover is really bad. Throw him off the edge a lot and edge guard.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Camp, get percentage lead, then sit back and laugh while he tries to approach. (He can't do it very well.)

Ike has a lot of places where he lags, so punishing and edgeguarding are where you're gonna do the most damage (after the CG, as Frio said). Don't get too aggressive, because he outranges and outpowers us.... if you get too crazy on the offensive, you'll unnecessarily run into a lot of bull**** and eat a ton of damage.

Also, pay attention when punishing OOS. A lot of his moves have ridiculous shield push, so chances are you'll be too far away to shieldgrab or nair OOS or whatever.

Luckily, he's slow enough that it shouldn't matter too much. =X Just run circles around him and make him chase you.

And watch out for his jab cancel stuff. Jab is pretty much his only conveniently fast move. x.x

altairian

Smash Lord
Hmm... from what I've seen of Ike in the hands of a skilled player, his recovery is very difficult to gimp and his aerials all have really good autocancels. The only thing I can think that would make the matchup easier is getting really good at shieldgrabbing his jab, but it comes out so fast that it's hard to shield.

Oh, and san said to ledge drop nairs to gimp ike, it's hard as **** to time but it's worth a shot i suppose.

Top Bottom