• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

LOE1

Smash Lord
what is pikachu's main killing move(s) against heavy chars i.e. dedede

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Any of the normal kill moves: F-smash, Thunder, u-smash to thunder, u-tilt to thunder, etc.

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
I have a decent success rate for the whole qal setup... Only tried once in match tho.
It's not even that hard, but to know the right manipulation help obviously a bit lol
For some odd reasons I find it easier on side than the other.
Does it work against some other characters ?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Which QAL set-up? D-throw buffer dash uair footstool?

If so, it works on almost all characters, and most people have a side they prefer to do it on (more technically proficient)

BulletSquall

Smash Rookie
hey guys i figured this would be the best place to ask but: What the hell happened to Anther? He was so damn good but I haven't seen him at all in the brawl scene recently. Did he decide to quit brawl?or?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
He quit brawl on a national level.. Dunno if he still plays locally, Roller will have to answer that one. He's busy with life

BulletSquall

Smash Rookie
That's so dissapointing...i watched a really old match of him bodying m2k and honestly just watching that would make me wanna take up pika or at least learn him. Alright well thanks for getting back to me quick, I'll go see if i can find out from Roller

BlindSpot

Smash Apprentice
I'm having major issues against characters that can wall pikachu out. Such as Lucario and Marth. Is there any advice y'all can give me that would help me against such characters?

I considered picking up an alt for this reason, but I know Pikachu is good enough to not need an alt. I just need to overcome this weakness, and would really appreciate anyone's help on this issue of mine.

SSS

Smash Ace
Does his dair have any spiking frames? Can you fast fall it to sort of push the opponent down into the Hell like with Kirby's dair, and still recover? What are some of Pika's gimps?

:phone:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Dair does not have any spiking frames and does not send them downwards at all unless they DI that way. It's nothing like Kirby's dair.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
QA can surprise people and mess up their recovery timings, causing them to flinch (pretty much) and mess up. It can also catch their DJ and characters with bad vertical up-b's will die, like DK.

Cassio

Smash Master
People need to use pikas tailspike more. People need to be better at using all 4 of the hitboxes on his upair and their uses in general, it makes such a big difference in his game.

Fair is amazing at gimping, probably his best gimping tool. QA can be used wisely and set up some 50-50 situations where they will either lose their jump or be forced to toss out an attack that you can wait for and then punish.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
fair...gimping? Just DI into pikachu and they pop up...not too good for gimping. Weak nair is better for sure.

Cassio

Smash Master
Everything depends situation to situation, but the idea for fair is to stop their momentum and force or steal their second jump while leaving them in hitstun. Ideally they dont get hit by the last hit unless its going to stage spike them, which can be timed if theyre recovering from below you. Weak nair could potentially be better as far as the hit goes, but has less range, less hitstun, and doesnt have as long a hitbox. Fair often wont gimp on its own, but it leaves the opponent in a very vulnerable position. It's especially useful right near the ledge. I use it against olimar, spacies, wario, lucario, and others.

Another very good tool is the second hitbox of pikas uair. Time right itll knock the opponent down and away from pika offstage. Its really useful if pikachu is hanging on the ledge and needs to keep an opponent offstage and theyre either in back of or back and below pika. Its good on characters like kirby, earthbound kids, spacies using their up-bs from that spot, and others.

SSS

Smash Ace
You people are helpful. Okay. what's the general rule of thumb for how many pummels you can get away with before you throw? Is it like, one for every 20 percent, our what?

:phone:

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Which character are you doing it on? I think the QAL doesn't work on some characters. You should practice on Metaknight.

Top Bottom