• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament Pika Pika! Pikachu (Pokken) Social Thread

ThatLaggyPerson

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the Pikachu social thread! Discuss all things Pikachu in Pokken, or just Pokken in general! All global rules apply here.

Last edited:

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
Literally how do I deal with that attack where boulders appear on either side of him? The AI is dialing my number.

I keep on getting hit and he brings it up right before my combo starts. It's frustrating.

Zoyah

Smash Cadet
Literally how do I deal with that attack where boulders appear on either side of him? The AI is dialing my number.

I keep on getting hit and he brings it up right before my combo starts. It's frustrating.
That's Pikachus counter, hence why they're using it before they combo you. Grab 'em if you can predict it.

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
That's Pikachus counter, hence why they're using it before they combo you. Grab 'em if you can predict it.
That makes a lot of sense. It's a very bizarre animation for a counter, though.

Zoyah

Smash Cadet
That makes a lot of sense. It's a very bizarre animation for a counter, though.
Yeah when I saw other counters after playing Pikachu in practice mode I was pretty confused. I was expecting something similar to Pikachu's but nope :p

obscurica

Smash Rookie
The Pikachu SoCal thread, eh? What about Northern California? Or East Coast? :V

(also: is there a list of Pikachu combos anywhere? I'd imagine Japan's already got most of his kit worked out.)

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
The Pikachu SoCal thread, eh? What about Northern California? Or East Coast? :V

(also: is there a list of Pikachu combos anywhere? I'd imagine Japan's already got most of his kit worked out.)
The game's training mode actually has a section where it gives you a bunch of different combos to test out. Not sure if it gives you all of them, but it does give quite a few to start with.

One Pikachu combo that I use a lot is Forward+Y, Forward+Y, Down+X, Down+A, while in Duel Phase.

obscurica

Smash Rookie
The game's training mode actually has a section where it gives you a bunch of different combos to test out. Not sure if it gives you all of them, but it does give quite a few to start with.

One Pikachu combo that I use a lot is Forward+Y, Forward+Y, Down+X, Down+A, while in Duel Phase.
Yeah, I'm aware of the training mode--but it probably isn't all that's there, is it? I know that tournament play favors >+Y, >+Y, ^+A more often than the default #1 combo, for instance.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
I think you misspelled "social" as "socal", my friend. Might want to fix that.

I'm not as interested in playing as Pikachu as other characters, but he looks hella fun, what with his Tekken-ified moveset and hilarious personality.

Seriously considering a pocket Heiha-chu whenever I get the game.

D

Deleted member

I've been playing Pokken and Pikachu is my main. I like his play style more than the other characters in the game and I think I'm OK with him.

I've been fighting on friendlies and I have not found another Pikachu player at all. I dunno if I can encounter another player who uses the same character, but it's like I'm the only Pikachu online.

Zoyah

Smash Cadet
I've been playing Pokken and Pikachu is my main. I like his play style more than the other characters in the game and I think I'm OK with him.

I've been fighting on friendlies and I have not found another Pikachu player at all. I dunno if I can encounter another player who uses the same character, but it's like I'm the only Pikachu online.
I've seen quite a few Pikachus online. I stick to more ranked, if that's going to make a big difference. I actually had 2 or 3 Pikachu dittos today.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
First battle I played against my friend with Pikachu, I won. I love how more brutal and badass Pikachu is portraited in Pokken. Real awesome, and like this more fighter based design. Definitely a character am gonna play a lot, same with Sceptile and Blaziken. Maybe Weavile and one of the Mewtwos to.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Pikachu: The only son Hehachi ever truly loved.

Seriously, all the Mashima family trademarks Pikachu shows are so jarring to me.

Top Bottom