• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pictures from my N64 collection

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Today’s picture is of the lovely Morgan holding my copy of GoldenEye 007 and instruction manual.

At the time of this posting you can probably purchase this combo (cartridge and instruction booklet) at sites like Ebay for around 25 US dollars. Of course, in terms of nostalgia the game is worth much more than that. To many video game enthusiasts GoldenEye literally defines the N64 4-player experience and many who are still enjoying first-person-shooters today consider it the game that got them hooked on the genre.

Morgan is 22 years old and has been modeling since she was 18. In addition to modeling, she acts and sings, and is studying musical theatre in northern Raleigh, NC. As a citizen of both the US and the UK, she has grown up all over the world, and lived in various places including Australia, Wales, Switzerland, and Japan. Her favorite video game genres are fantasy RPG’s, indie platformers, and RTS games; when not gaming, she enjoys ice skating, ballet, and writing. Her favorite food is steak, color is green, and musical genre is indie rock. She's a Taurus and an AB-.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
If my picture of Goldeneye worked you up in to a frenzy then this photo will drive you to your knees.

That's right; I own both the gold and grey cartridge of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Released in 1998 OoT defines the Nintendo 64 single-player experience for an entire generation with its "perfect" gameplay, stunning visuals and beautiful music. The game is so good that it's regularly voted as "The greatest video game of all time" and received flawless scores from nearly every gaming publication upon its release.

Speaking of flawless, the young lady holding the cartridges isn't too bad either.

Simone is a 25 year old ICU Nurse here in North Carolina. On her days off she loves being active, spending time with friends, going to the beach, running around with her dog, and most of all traveling the world. Her next big move will be relocating to the UK! When she’s not saving lives, you can find Simone playing her favorite videogames, Super Mario 64 and Goldeneye 007.

Both of my games are in fairly good condition so they’d generally fetch about 20 to 25 dollars on the open market. That’s an incredibly reasonable price for a title that should be played through at least once by anyone who considers themselves a serious gamer.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How come the games take up so little room in the picture. You should put them in more focus

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
If you're looking for something a little more whimsical on the N64 I present Yoshi's Story.

Yoshi's Story is a fun laidback game with pop-up storybook art style which makes it extremely unique both graphically and in terms of gameplay. What I like best about it is the fact that it was pre-launched in the tiny town of Lizard Lick, North Carolina which isn't very far from my house.

Yoshi's Story was released in 1997 and it is a spiritual successor to Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island on the SNES. It sold enough copies to become a Nintendo 64 Player's Choice title meaning that is sold over 1 million units. Probably its greatest legacy is that the Yoshi Story stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) is consider by many as one of the most beautiful arenas in the game.

The beauty holding my copy of Yoshi's Story is local NC State graduate 22 year old Nhi who has a long history of playing N64 games. In fact, she's an extremely competitive gamer taking on all her brothers at holiday events when they'd get together. I opted to pose her with Yoshi's Story because her personality is so light and lively that I felt a certain synergy between game and gamer.

With so many copies of Yoshi's Story in circulation it can generally be purchased at a very reasonable price. That's a good thing as it caters well to people who enjoy nontraditional gameplay experiences that are fun as opposed to feeling like a stressful day of work.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
For you today I have Gregario with Nintendo's 2011 classic The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

You might have noticed Gregario's golden stick-- it came with a special retail copy of the game on its release. Nowadays the hot item goes for around $100 USD. Skyward Sword married the styles of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker into a single game that is regarded as one of the greats. Skyward Sword's innovative motion controls will have you up all night swinging Gregario's stick around.

Speaking of Gregario, he is a 24 year old doctor fresh out of my hometown of Cincinnati. On the weekend you can find him tending to his garden and watching the occasional sports game. He especially loves the visual novel genre and has, by the way, been modeling since he was at the nubile age of 19. He is a Sagittarious and was born in the year of the Rooster.

TheKalmarKing

Smash Apprentice
But... why the girls? O_O I mean sure, they are really nice, but I actually came here for the games...

TheKalmarKing

Smash Apprentice
Whatever you have; I mean, I actually thought you were just going to show your whole collection in a single shot... But hey, do what you want, I can't order you around!

(PS: Are they your friends or do you just walk up to them and say "Hello, you look nice, can you hold this cartridge for a moment? Thaaaaank you" ? XD )

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
(PS: Are they your friends or do you just walk up to them and say "Hello, you look nice, can you hold this cartridge for a moment? Thaaaaank you" ? XD )
I put an ad up on Craig's List and got an overwhelming response of young ladies wanting to be photographed holding Nintendo 64 games.

TheKalmarKing

Smash Apprentice
I put an ad up on Craig's List and got an overwhelming response of young ladies wanting to be photographed holding Nintendo 64 games.
A nice evidence of female gaming. How cool!

PS: I'm sorry if I sounded like a jerkass at any moment, it wasn't my intention I assure you.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
My goal here should never be misconstrued as being to objectify women. I'm just a video game nerd sharing my passions.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
I want to see Castlevania Legacy of Darkness being held next please. Maybe Pokemon Snap after that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Something really naughty like mischief makers or hot like Conker's Bad Fur Day

Also, Pokemon Snap seconded

Top Bottom