• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Picking up Wolf!

Pάρί

Smash Apprentice
:wolf::wolf:Hey Everybody I'm picking up Wolf, and I was hoping someone could answer some questions I had about Wolf! :wolf::wolf:

How do I perform Blaster Waveland?

What is a DACUS?

What are the easiest ways to get side b kills? What percent do then usually kill at?

How do you waveshine with wolf? I tried it but I could not do it.

Are there any other tech skills or things I should know about wolf when playing him?

:wolf: Thanks :wolf:

BearFist

Smash Rookie
Blaster waveland is basically hitting R to airdodge after the laser comes out of your blaster to cancel the end lag and instead do a waveland.

Dacus is Dash attack cancel upsmash, and is not exclusive to Wolf. Every character can do it, but Wolf's is pretty good because it goes decently far. The most common method for doing it is dash attacking by hitting down on the c stick while running and at pretty much the same time, but really very slightly after, hitting up on the control stick and Z at the same time.

Waveshining is just shining, jumping out of shine, and wavedashing with the jump movement. It takes a jump to wavedash and you can jump out of shine, so you can wavedash out of shine. It's exactly what you would think, hitting shine, jump, diagonal and R.

There's a **** ton of Wolf tech that you need to learn and there's another thread on here detailing all the specific things. I highly recommend searching that out.

BearFist

Smash Rookie
It's just terminology. Wavedashing is when you airdodge during your first few airborne frames, optimally your very first one. Wavelanding is airdodging more generally in to the ground to get the exact same effect, and is generally done while falling towards the ground. It's a waveland because you you move while landing instead of just landing normally, and that's how the term caught on.

Again, in essence, it's the same thing. Both things are air dodging directionally in to the ground. It's just convention. You waveland blasters because you're in the air after your jump for a significant amount of time and airdodge after you're already falling.

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
I mean when I wavedash, I gain a bit more space, but wavelanding just allows me to land faster with less lag. Why wouldn't I want to approach my enemy with wavedashing?

BearFist

Smash Rookie
That's not what wavelanding is. Wavelanding isn't necessarily going straight down. You can waveland with a diagonal control stick direction to move when landing. Generally yes, you want to do that. When people waveland blaster most of the time they do it with a diagonal control stick direction to position while also canceling the end lag on blaster.

AUS

Smash Cadet
Hey cool to see your getting into Wolf, super fun character. First off in order to blaster waveland (A very good approach option) simply hit R to air dodge after the laser comes out in order to stop the long ending lag that the blaster usually has.

As for a Dacus, a Dacus occurs when you cancel a dashattack into an Up smash (Da=DashAttack C=Cancel us=Up Smash). In order to pull it off you have to dash and press down on the C-stick in order to dash attack however you cancel the dashattack by pressing up on the C-stick almost immediately afterwards while holding Z at the same time. Wolf Dacus is absolutely amazing, without using the Dacus I personally find Wolf's up smash to be slow and predictable however the Dacus can really help him out.

Waveshining is very straightforward, simply shine, jump out of shine, hit a diagonal and press R to wavedash.

As for other important tech options on wolf there are so many and it would take forever to say them all here so Im just going to note a few.

Jump Canceled (JC'd) grab: This is usually done by pressing X, Y, or up on the control stick, then pressing Z immediately afterwards. The character performs the standing grab animation while sliding forward slightly. For most characters, JC'd grabs have less startup and/or cooldown lag than standard dash-grabs. Important for Wolf

Ledgehop Waveland off the edge or "Hax Dash": Ledgehop as your get up option off the ledge and waveland quickly on to the stage, dangerous but if done right can help a lot.

Sweetspotted Up-B (Also known as M2K angle): A very slight tilt of the control stick once you start your up-b allowing you to sweetspot onto the ledge.

Multi-shine: Shine, jump cancel, and then shining again in order to interrupt the pre jump animiation.

Hope this helps.

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
Ledgehop Waveland off the edge or "Hax Dash": Ledgehop as your get up option off the ledge and waveland quickly on to the stage, dangerous but if done right can help a lot.

Sweetspotted Up-B (Also known as M2K angle): A very slight tilt of the control stick once you start your up-b allowing you to sweetspot onto the ledge.

Hope this helps.
So just to make sure: Ledge-hop is when you are holding onto the ledge, and hop up and wavedash/waveland onto the stage.
Another thing, I can't seem to sweet spot up, I either overshoot it or the up-b continues and I grab at the end of the attack, I grab on to the stage (that's very laggy)

Last edited:
Top Bottom