• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Picking up Kirby and I have some questions...

steelguttey

mei is bei
1. I have down throw tech chases down when they roll left or right but what do I do when they neutral tech or tech attack?

2. When I get people at really high percentages and I grab them, what do I do?

3. What do I use in my neutral game?

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Just so you know, you could've posted this in the Kirby general thread ;)
1. Just wait by them if they neutral and if they attack, just shield then grab OoS.
2. I usually dthrow>possible Fsmash depending on where they roll or what they do.
3. I've been confused on the term "neutral game" for awhile now... If you could define that for me I can give you an answer. :)

steelguttey

mei is bei
Just so you know, you could've posted this in the Kirby general thread ;)
1. Just wait by them if they neutral and if they attack, just shield then grab OoS.
2. I usually dthrow>possible Fsmash depending on where they roll or what they do.
3. I've been confused on the term "neutral game" for awhile now... If you could define that for me I can give you an answer. :)
neutral is everything you do when you arent comboing somebody.

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
Basically what Kaysick said +
1. you can make people slowly stand up with a single jab allowing you to regrab or hit them with something else if they miss tech and try waiting on ground.
2. dthrow is generally the go to throw for kirby unless you want to send them off the edge. Also dthrow/Usmash at high % works well on some characters as well. Up throw can kill at a VERY high %.

Last edited:

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
If you predict a neutral tech and get the timing down, you can punish it with a lot of different moves. Personally, I like to go for a slightly charged F-Smash. As for neutral game, Kirby's tilts, F-Air, B-Air, N-Air, and Inhale will help you a lot if you want to assert your presence or make some breathing room. Fireball and Cutter Rush are very tempting because of how easily they can close space, but I would recommend to only use them occasionally.

Top Bottom