• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PYP mafia! Game over!

Maven89

Smash Master
Reads so far

TOWN
3. Nabe
4. Maven
5. Pokechu

TOWN LEAN
9. Fandangox
13. Kantrip

SCUM LEAN
2. Vult Redux

SCUM
1. shishœ
6. ThirdKoopa
10. Z25

NEUTRAL
7. Moydow
8. Fire Emblemier

J TIER
11. J
I find myself agreeing with this, with the inclusion of Sephiroth into a town lean. moving Kantrip to neutral and Koopa to scum lean. I don't think Sephiroth's attitude makes him scummy at all and people are confusing being a **** with being mafia.

Thirdkoopa I'm stuck with WIFOM if he's telling us to lynch him because he knows it makes him look town, or if he really is town. I almost just don't want to deal with it, if we lynch Koopa today I'd be biting my nails until the flip.

Z25 I'm fine with lynching

Vote: Z25

can we get a vote count?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Sephiroth's 200-300 yawn

anything I thought was interesting already got pointed out by Vult. Now here's the fun stuff:
#307 - I find it interesting how he seems to have some scum read on me at this point and chooses to keep it quiet. His thoughts on Maven make sense, but, his thoughts on me, from my pov, I find amusing, to say the least.
#308 - Pointed out J's lurking habits and that's it. giraffelasergun giraffelasergun Can we get a J prod?
#366 - You really don't like the way things are moving? Why is that? Because you're the Lynch target?
#374 - His post against Vult defending himself makes more sense. Rest is just a bunch of Meta comments but I agree with him there.
#375 - Linguistics over here, but, I'm taking it you thought the vote was too opportunistic? Easily pressured could mean Town nervous about dying too, but, opportunistic is more a scum tactic.

I'm going to wait for his reads elaboration. I'm curious to see where his reads list is going or if it's just OMGUS and Sheeping.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I do think they agree. The entire point of day 0 was for town to debate the pros and cons of everything. And if after a well thought out argument you don't change your mind, I can agree it raises some flags.

And my vote reasoning was that seph was quick to jump at the throats of those not voting poisoner. See me for example where he immediately went after me for changing my vote.

Yet as you just pointed out that's hypocritical when he wouldn't change his despite some good points made to change it, which is why I changed mine.

Pretty good observation you have here.
I'm just a harsh and critical person. Life isn't a easy road bro.

A few things to mention are, you haven't ever cleared yourself up about what you meant. I have yet to see a post where you do. Also, I never went after your vote, what are you talking about? All I said is you have been playing very defensively and I dislike it when people freak out over small interactions like you have done. I feel like you have very poor reading comprehension and I'm starting to think you're dumb or scum. Especially with your many excuses you've given. You give an excuse that you didn't know the roles at first. You gave an excuse that you are always defensive. You just gave an excuse that you just misspoke in the post I quoted.
my reasoning is put down in the post I quoted.

And you said I played defensively after the first accusation that you made. Before then you just came accused me before anyone else and went from there. I only got defensive after your accusation.

And your reacting just as much to your own accusations.

And they aren't accuses. i could go over so many things that make my personality and mistakes happen but I've said it over and over on this site why I am the way am, but I am not going over any of that because it isn't needed.

People can misread things, people make mistakes, its human. There's a difference between making an actual error and making a mistake because your scum. And I am definitely not. You haven't played games with me before, but that's fine.

I tend to make errors in reading, and anyone here could contest that if they remembered past games. Honestly there's nothing else I can really say though, you either listen and believe or you don't.

I hoped from last game things would be different but whatever. I'm a townie and one without any power at that.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Oh deadline is tomorrow
that's what i've been yelling. It's coming up quickly, too, which makes me wonder if anything I had to say about the deadline had anything to do with @Shishœ's vote.

Thirdkoopa I'm stuck with WIFOM if he's telling us to lynch him because he knows it makes him look town, or if he really is town. I almost just don't want to deal with it, if we lynch Koopa today I'd be biting my nails until the flip.
Hey Maven, mind answering my question earlier?

D

Deleted member

Let me shorten that instead of being so verbose:
Did you vote Seph because of the impending deadline to give Seph pressure? Or did it not cross your mind? I ask since Deadline is tomorrow at 4 PM PST
Thought it was today before reading the title later but it didn't exactly cross my mind, no.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I feel like I've been very clear with how I feel and when I feel it. But here I go.

TOWN
3. Nabe: He's been actively scum hunting and asking good questions. He saw the weird things I saw as well. I also tend to agree with him on my stances.
4. Maven: He feels like he has town's best interest at heart with his posts in the pregame. And although I disagree with him on the role choices, I feel like he had no ill intent. I also feel like he's willing to change his viewpoint on Nabe, and that's a good thing.
5. Pokechu: I feel like Pokechu brought up a lot of good points when he came into the game and it to me felt like an obv town read to me.

TOWN LEAN
9. Fandangox: Is similar to Maven, but I haven't really seen his presence as much as Maven's until recently.
13. Kantrip: His opening post seems like the good old town kantrip I knew of back in 2013. But I'm not really sold until I see more.

SCUM LEAN
2. Vult Redux: His opening post seemed like he was stretching for a push. I feel like he doesn't really have reason to push for me, just that I'm a target. I dunno if he's doing so to garner reads on others or if he's just trying to push a lynch.

SCUM
1. shishœ: His vote on me was very suspect and I didn't like it at all. he's my #2 scumpick atm.
6. ThirdKoopa: Like I said about him earlier, his post pregame felt really forced and unnatural and his responses weren't anything to be desired either.
10. Z25: I feel like it's a dumb or scum moment (did that phrase dye out?) He has been very inconsistant with his reasoning. It feels like he's always making something up to cover for what he's said in the past. Honestly getting rid of him will make the game less of a headache later on.

NEUTRAL
7. Moydow: Hasn't really said anything. Probably the 2nd lowest post count right behind J.
8. Fire Emblemier: Haven't seen much of him besides changing his vote in the pregame. I need to see more to read him.

J TIER
11. J: J

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I've reread the game and I'm still convinced Nabe's scum.

Brief Reads:

Scum:
Nabe. Overly unconcerned with the discussion to assign roles to mafia, makes a few pointless questions Night 0 that had little to do with what the phase was about. Says he was more concerned about where the votes landed so he could base his scumhunting out of that. But a lot of his followups have had more to do with the questions aimed at Third and Z25 which had little to do with the actual powerole discussions.

Town Leans:
Maven:

Really sound logic on why RB + RC was the better option for town. See #122 for what I mean. I have him as lean and not full read cause I've yet to see much scumhunting from him this phase.

Sephiroth:

Like I mentioned before, his interactions with Maven seemed TvT to me, but I would like Sephiroths Masamune Sephiroths Masamune to go into my 3399 as I don't see how he got that out of his back and forth with Maven.

Pokechu:

My Back and forth with him reads townie to me.

The rest:
I haven't analysed their posts hard enough to have any leans as of right now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
this feels awfully early for a claim
Eh, I usually do claim early. Plus I'm vanilla might as say this now because its better to get out of the way. I see no reason to hide it at this point if all I have is my vote and my thoughts on the events of the game.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
#128 - hard on poisoner. probably nothing interesting to note later even if there's a Jailer flip
#130 - had me re-reading Vult's #333.
#154 - I find it interesting how fast he tried to bury Z25 early when we were focused on roles
#165 and #166 were interesting.

Sephiroths Masamune Sephiroths Masamune I'm through your posts up to #200. Answer me this (apologies if you've said it before): Were you not persuaded by Maven's argument, which is why you put your vote on Poisoner? Or?
I didn't see his argument when I voted Poisoner. I voted Poisoner because you said I should vote because the deadline was fast approaching. His posts came right as I posted. But I didn't change my vote because I was unconvinced.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I didn't see his argument when I voted Poisoner. I voted Poisoner because you said I should vote because the deadline was fast approaching. His posts came right as I posted. But I didn't change my vote because I was unconvinced.
Yeah, I noticed this later when going through the posts. Vult's point about the arguing itself and your posts thereafter, well, I'll concede that that part at least makes sense to me.

SCUM
1. shishœ: His vote on me was very suspect and I didn't like it at all. he's my #2 scumpick atm.
Who's your #1, then? Me or Z25?

Thought it was today before reading the title later but it didn't exactly cross my mind, no.
Eh, I usually do claim early. Plus I'm vanilla might as say this now because its better to get out of the way. I see no reason to hide it at this point if all I have is my vote and my thoughts on the events of the game.
Any other reads now, to both of you? Or only a hard read on Seph?

I'm watching this development thicken before I put a vote down, but, I'm not really feeling Z25 for the Lynch.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I noticed this later when going through the posts. Vult's point about the arguing itself and your posts thereafter, well, I'll concede that that part at least makes sense to me.

I'm watching this development thicken before I put a vote down, but, I'm not really feeling Z25 for the Lynch.
Z25 is the other one besides Seph at the moment, both keep rusing with each post too.
I don't like Nabe's discare for the Mafia's roles either but I find it hard to see him connected to my two main picks.
Pokechu gives off strong Town vibes though, and Maven leans to Town but not too strong on that.

Maven89

Smash Master
Because telling people you're VT is allowing the mafia to narrow down on the power roles

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
doing some work right now, will catch up on the game soon

will unvote Z25 though just in case I don't catch up by the Day's end (I'm sure I will, just don't want to risk it and it's not cool to sit on a vote like that if you're not up to date)

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
How do people feel about Z25's claim?

Personally I am on the fence about it. I'm starting to think it's a dumb rather than scum move. Reminds me of me when I first started playing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Outside of Seph,

Nabe, as stated already he should have cared more for the votes because they are important and it's just throwing down random statements meant to look like insights imo. But they haven't truly added anything and are just questions for the most part.

Granted it is unlikely nabe got mafia twice but its still possible. Those are the strongest I have.

Outside of that, Fire and HBC J could be it for different reasons.

Fire isn't as active or contributing like usual and seems to just show up here and there to post something. As I said it is still day one, but we've also had a lot of time now for activity.

Which is why I could see J being scum because usually one inactive is, but we don't have anything to work with. I would still like them to post here and be productive so we should continue trying to get them too.

Because telling people you're VT is allowing the mafia to narrow down on the power roles
This is fair but at the same if we learn who's talking to who, it should be easy for us as a town to gather info at night.

Plus most of this group voted to give them a role cop which already allows them to search through town like police helicopters imo.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Skimmed. I'm not voting for z25 and I'd be PISSED if you guys let him die over the players who are doing nothing. Not because I think his content is great but because his behavior (mostly his claim to be frank) is totally "inexperienced-town" or whatever we're calling that nowadays. Plus he's voting with me so that's a plus.

Content-agnostic players to lynch before z25: Fire Emblemier, Moydow, J (obviously). The former two disappeared after I asked them to commit to a vote. interesting.jpg. I literally flew across the country and made sure everyone knew and still kept up well enough. These guys have no excuse :V I bet they're scared because I asked them to show their cards re: Sephiroth.

Sephiroth your reads list looks like a list of people who are voting for you and people who aren't. At least give me credit for trying to get these people to show their cards!! I don't see Nabe, your "solid town", putting in this kind of legwork.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
doing some work right now, will catch up on the game soon

will unvote Z25 though just in case I don't catch up by the Day's end (I'm sure I will, just don't want to risk it and it's not cool to sit on a vote like that if you're not up to date)
J is a safe vote to have leading up to the deadline.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
But what's your REACTION to z25's claim?

It was more like an unfortunate event that he posted before my vote was placed. But in any case his argument didn't convince me otherwise. I still feel that RB+RC are the better roles for mafia than a poisoner is just by mechanics. I don't think lynching me over not being convinced is worthwhile or even understandable especially when we haven't even had a PR flip.
my issue is not that you weren't convinced. It's that I think you were pretending to have an "open mind" in the first place. Maybe because you wanted RoleCop for sure but didn't want the town to think you were dumping on Poisoner. Maybe because you wanted to pick out "safe" way to distance from Maven. Idk.

The point is you never elaborated on what about Maven's points didn't convince you and/or had full back-and-forth about it, despite specifically singling him out and stating you were open to his opinion. I don't think a townie would do this.

I admit that I haven't checked on timestamps so if you truly think that has an impact on my argument then let me know.

I feel like you're just trying to push a lynch. Especially with your recent posts of asking players just to vote with you
i mean...... yeah. I know it's bad for you specifically but it's good for the town in the long-term. It gave you stuff to talk about re: Shish so a thank-you would be nice. (I'm kidding.... kind of)

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Sephiroth your reads list looks like a list of people who are voting for you and people who aren't. At least give me credit for trying to get these people to show their cards!! I don't see Nabe, your "solid town", putting in this kind of legwork.
I get what you're saying, but look at WHO is voting for me and WHY. Third until recently only said he was suspicious of me without really saying why. And all his posts don't really say why he's suspicious only that posts are "interesting" or not. Not really seeing any clear stances or reasoning. I think he just started "suspecting" me when I brought attention to his hiccup in Day 0 and where Nabe caught onto it.

Shishoe looks like he jumped on me because you pressured him to rather than an actual read. I could even see it as a way of you getting him to vote me as scum buddies and him fudging it up.

my issue is not that you weren't convinced. It's that I think you were pretending to have an "open mind" in the first place. Maybe because you wanted RoleCop for sure but didn't want the town to think you were dumping on Poisoner. Maybe because you wanted to pick out "safe" way to distance from Maven. Idk.

The point is you never elaborated on what about Maven's points didn't convince you and/or had full back-and-forth about it, despite specifically singling him out and stating you were open to his opinion. I don't think a townie would do this.

I admit that I haven't checked on timestamps so if you truly think that has an impact on my argument then let me know.

i mean...... yeah. I know it's bad for you specifically but it's good for the town in the long-term. It gave you stuff to talk about re: Shish so a thank-you would be nice. (I'm kidding.... kind of)
See when I say you're stretching to make a case this is what I meant. A lot of what you're saying is very circumstantial "what ifs" and not a lot of it is based on fact. I also don't like how you're keeping things open. Like "It's possible for it to be him having a SvS and artificially push Maven away as SvS. But it's also possible it was a SvT." Like which one is it? I feel like you were setting up a lynch which puts you in a safe spot where you could go in any direction based on how others felt about it. Instead of getting any real information from my lynch. I also don't like how after a few posts it seems like you've lightened up your stance on me when you've seen it doesn't hold any water and have basically admitted that it was just because you could. Ask yourself this which one do you really find more scummy? Voting and pushing for a lynch for reactions sake and then jumping off when you've lost steam or asking someone what they thought of a specific role in the pregame? To me you're looking pretty bad imo.

The reason why I singled out Maven is obvious to me. He was the loudest proponent for that specific role and had the most convincing argument for it. It's like how politicians purposely debate with people who hold conflicting opinions. It's to generate discussion and seek to reach a compromise. Just because my views didn't change doesn't mean I didn't get something out of it.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I know we don't have a lot of time, but I'd be willing to lynch any of these 3 today: Shishoe, Third, Vult. I feel like Vult would give us the most information, but I don't think town is ready for it.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I get what you're saying, but look at WHO is voting for me and WHY. Third until recently only said he was suspicious of me without really saying why.
I'm leaning towards Seph as Scum.
Hey look, you could have asked for an elaboration earlier! But now that you're on rope, you're pointing it out! I thought I made it pretty obvious, so I'll just state it flat-out: Your behavior to Z25 this whole game reads as opportunistic.

I see you're asking me to clarify. I should clarify what I mean by "Interesting". "Interesting" meant worth of note to re-look at so everyone gander for these particular posts when Seph flips, but, now that the the dust has settled, since I said I was going to wait for your reads list elaboration and I was trying to wait and see what Z25 and Shish would say - I have both of these items now, so, I feel comfortable to this.

I don't like your beginning Day 0 WIFOM on Z25 Z25 . Nabe's initial post started and was trying to get reads, but, honestly, your pushing of it just read as a whole distraction to keep the rest of us away from actually getting anything done with the roles. Plus it reads to me as buddying up with Nabe. None of that interaction reads Town and Town to me - Maybe I'm not used to how you all play, but Maven89 Maven89 and I spent a pretty good deal of time yelling with flashing lights "GUYS IT'S IMPORTANT TO HAVE A DISCUSSION OVER THE JAILER."

But let's continue, shall we? I won't be making the same case that

Sephiroth's 200-300 yawn

anything I thought was interesting already got pointed out by Vult. Now here's the fun stuff:
#307 - I find it interesting how he seems to have some scum read on me at this point and chooses to keep it quiet. His thoughts on Maven make sense, but, his thoughts on me, from my pov, I find amusing, to say the least.
#308 - Pointed out J's lurking habits and that's it. giraffelasergun giraffelasergun Can we get a J prod?
#366 - You really don't like the way things are moving? Why is that? Because you're the Lynch target?
#374 - His post against Vult defending himself makes more sense. Rest is just a bunch of Meta comments but I agree with him there.
#375 - Linguistics over here, but, I'm taking it you thought the vote was too opportunistic? Easily pressured could mean Town nervous about dying too, but, opportunistic is more a scum tactic.

I'm going to wait for his reads elaboration. I'm curious to see where his reads list is going or if it's just OMGUS and Sheeping.
#307 - Again, you're keeping this quiet until you can try to get other buddies on board with me. You didn't actively act on it especially when I've been waving my lights saying "We have a deadline".
#366 - Yeah, and you really don't like the way things are moving? Because information is bad for the town?
#375 - Linguistics matter here, but, you never clarified. This reads even more than Nabe's initial post (which, Nabe's initial post on Z25 was just trying to get conversation started, and it did a good job even though I still stick with my opinion on it.

But, let's continue with you elaborating these reads. Are they OMGUS, or are they an actual argument?

SCUM LEAN
2. Vult Redux: His opening post seemed like he was stretching for a push. I feel like he doesn't really have reason to push for me, just that I'm a target. I dunno if he's doing so to garner reads on others or if he's just trying to push a lynch.
Okay, which opening post? If we go by #132 where he says he hasn't caught up on the roles, he thought hammering was in the game.

If we go by once Day 1 started, he had #227, #229, and #252 before he mentioned you. He was far more focused on engaging with Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier , #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe and I about various role choices, Day 0 stuff, and clearing up various things. You asked him for your thoughts on you and then he votes you.

So... his real opening post you're referring to, #258, which is his fifth post of the game, is where he got a good look at the thread and came up with a good reason to vote you.

I'm calling bull**** on this but let's continue!

SCUM
...okay? Yeah, and, it was a vote. This same type of pressuring is what pressured Z25 to vote in the first place. I'm kind-of impressed your #2 pick from Scum is that early. If you had more of a reason to vote him, sure? I read through all of his posts, and, here's actually what I came across:

Do not trust like that

Each post of yours makes me lean more toward Vult's side. Really liking your reaction.
A valid point on his with quoting those posts that ISN'T sheeping. Awesome! What then happens a few posts later?

@Shishœ +1 endorsement of this post.
Would be astonished if Vult Redux Vult Redux disagrees. And Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa for that matter.
And then you sheep it because Nabe said it. Because it takes suspicion away from your posts that Shishoe so kindly posted out. Even if you already responded to it with Vult, it wouldn't have hurt to link, especially since Shishoe said he didn't pay attention to see Nabe/Pokechu/I bussing each other in the last game.

6. ThirdKoopa: Like I said about him earlier, his post pregame felt really forced and unnatural and his responses weren't anything to be desired either.
Yeah, and what about my pregame? Of course you'll say nothing about that because it doesn't put me on the rope as easily, amirite? It's interesting how you only had things to say about me once the day phase starts.

My post-pregame is me answering stuff. If I'm to be real, most of my posts have been me trying to wave the inactives in here or get people into discussion and basically just back and forthing with Nabe. The former seems to have worked thanks to Vult and I. The latter, well, I don't feel Nabe's and my Linguistics Discussion went anywhere, but, everyone else is welcome to pick it apart. They're boring. I'm bored by looking at my post ISO's. I don't think he's as town read as I was originally anticipating (Vult Redux, that is), but hey, at least he's making **** start.

10. Z25: I feel like it's a dumb or scum moment (did that phrase dye out?) He has been very inconsistant with his reasoning. It feels like he's always making something up to cover for what he's said in the past. Honestly getting rid of him will make the game less of a headache later on.
...iunno, we may just be reading different games in here, but, he's pretty consistent to me. This feels like his play in the past game (and the only other game I have experience with him in).

y'know he claimed as you posted that reads list right? Unless your reads list took you 15 minutes. It's kind of amazing how quickly he went from Scum Read to "Y'know he reads Derp Town"

I know we don't have a lot of time, but I'd be willing to lynch any of these 3 today: Shishoe, Third, Vult. I feel like Vult would give us the most information, but I don't think town is ready for it.
horrah, more OMGUS. What information do you think a Vult flip even give us? There's no elaboration in here.

Vote: Sephiroth for the information. Most other possibilities aren't screaming to me and I don't think the town is ready to put Nabe on pressure, nor do I really care about pursuing Shishoe until anyone chooses to draw a case to him that isn't "oh hey he voted seph funny"

Reads:
Nabe or Seph are scum. If they're both not, congratulations on all the wine you served.
J/Fire Emblemier/Moydoy are the quiet trio.
Shish reads town.
Z25 reads town - Nabe and Seph both pegging on him really does not scream "All of them are Town" to me.
Maven's my biggest town read ATM.
Fandangox could go either way. I'm thinking he's Town if Nabe is Scum, and he's Scum if Seph is scum.
Don't have enough info on Chu but I know what he's capable of.
I haven't had a response out of Kantrip, but, I want to see what he says to all of this.
Vult's a slight town read.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Interested to hear what information you see us getting from a Vult lynch that's more valuable than what the other two would give us.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Seph - Leaning scum

Seph's read list looks agreeable on paper but I get a bad feeling from it. Feels like a mix of safe and OMGUS, the lack of outliers makes me suspect it's not entirely genuine. What I mean to say is, it feels manufactured because it's well-balanced in town-null-scum reads and throws people into said categories seemingly based on their opinion of him.

Particularly perturbed by Z25 being his biggest scumread yet Seph suddenly leans dumb town after the claim.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with this final assessment but I don't see the scumread being genuine before the claim either. I am fairly solid on Z25 at this point, for the record. I could see this being Seph giving himself a back-door should Z25 get lynched to say "well I started having second thoughts on it...."

ThirdKoopa - Mixed leaning scum

I dislike Koopa's formulaic play. Being concerned with people "pushing last minute wagon switches" is valid, but I fail to see why it was necessary to point out and agree with Nabe on it being strange and seeming like Koop's just reading from a textbook at times. I also really dislike him stating that he's okay with being lynched or vigged if that's what town wants to do. As far as I'm concerned, that's tantamount to claiming Vanilla Townie as it signals to the mafia you don't have a role worth trying to stay alive to use. Potentially worse than Z25's claim because Koops seems more experienced, more level-headed, and was under less pressure when he said this.

Those points aside, his answers with regards to my concern over his Hider support are reasonable to me. I believe him when he says he didn't think it through too much at first and needed time to realize the power of the role. Being honest, I don't think a one-shot jan is THAT much worse than what we gave mafia. I also like Koopa's scumhunting efforts so far. His recent reads list looks genuine where Seph's doesn't and I appreciate his attempt to find connections like the Nabe/Seph dichotomy with Fandango.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Need to take another look at Vult and Shish as they seem to be a common scumread that I don't have much of an opinion on.

Mad at J for being actually entirely not here because lynching him as an inactive would be a complete waste with no information. Not on board with that. Don't want to lynch Z25 so of the options that seem on the table I'd prefer Seph or Koops.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
ThirdKoopa - Mixed leaning scum
Sure, let's talk about it.

Re: Formulaic play. I see where you're coming from, but, Shish pointed out very well earlier how Town can change their minds to a 180.

The people I used to play with often pulled LaL (Lynch all Lurkers) Day 1. I see that's not quite the case here from the games I've played thus far. If you guys are going to pick a lynch, unless some magic shenanigans should happen, it should be a lynch we've discussed.

If someone shoots, do it halfway in the day, preferably.

I don't mind being shot.
I said to do it halfway in the day, ergo, if there was more pressure on me right before halfway in the day, I'd gladly claim (assuming I'm not a vig). Let's not entertain the rolefishing any further, shall we? I'll claim if it becomes necessary today.

Everyone focused on the wrong part of the post here. If a shot is done too early in the day, we can't get enough information out of them, and, if a shot is done too late in the day, it's going to be right before the lynch. I ask this question - Around when do you think it would be the appropriate time for a Dayvig to shoot, assuming we have one?

That's assuming we wouldn't get an extension on my part so let's get the mod to clear it up so we get the wine out of the way,

giraffelasergun giraffelasergun would we get a deadline extension if a day shot fired out?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Fire Emblemier: Nabe (1)
Kantrip: Thirdkoopa (1)
Nabe: Fand (1)
Z25: Maven(1)
Thirdkoopa: Kantrip (1)
Sephiroth: Vult, Z25,Shish, Thirdkoopa(4)

Not Voting: Fire Emblemier, J, Moydow, Pokechu

Fire Emblemier has requested a replacement. Will be working on finding one today, please let me know if you have any suggestions. Deadline is in 10.5 hours

Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa there will not be an extension if a day shot is fired out.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Finally had a chance to go through the thread in more detail, so here's my thoughts and reads right now. Apologies if it seems a little rushed in some parts, I had to finish up in a hurry since I've got to head out soon, though I should be back before deadline to clear up anything if I have to (but that won't be until about 5-6 hours from now).

Also for people I haven't seen before and who aren't aware, I live in Europe, so when you lot are just getting active, I'm probably just about to go to sleep, or otherwise too tired to bother doing anything here. So if you're looking for me at any time after about 6pm EST, don't expect any sort of prompt response.

--------------------

1. Shishœ - mafia Shish doesn't shishpost as much, so that's a good start. :p Since it seems like the main point of contention here, his vote on Sephiroth is... eh. I can see where he's coming from, but I don't really like that it was directly prompted by Vult instead of him doing so of his own accord. Could be either or, but seems more town right now.

2. Vult Redux - I don't really like how he was going around pinging people and telling them "hey, look at my argument against Sephiroth, isn't it great? Now go vote for him." I feel like if your argument is strong enough, people will pay attention to it without you needing to direct them to it. For what it's worth I think his reasoning isn't that bad, but not perfect, and I don't like how he went about pushing it. Could go either way here.

3. Nabe - Looking at what other people were getting out of his posts, it seems like he was just trying to get reactions out of people, which is fine. Though I personally don't like how oblique he's being about it, I'd rather if he just spoke his mind. I don't know if this is typical of him as either mafia or town since I think I've only actually played two games with him - one being Game of Thrones which was heavily non-standard, and the other where he was mafia and started the game pretending that he could only speak in images. Finding it hard to get anything meaningful out of his posts by myself so he's largely neutral for me currently, with a slight town edge. Don't think he's the one to lynch at this stage, at least.

4. Maven - I agree with him that a jailer is quite likely and poisoner would have been a bad choice if that is the case, and I'm fine with his push on Nabe and subsequent reconsideration thereof. Not seeing anything too bad here.

5. Pokechu - That he jumped to Nabe's defence like he did suggests he's town, this is what he's done in past games as town (like defending me in Mayo Clinic). I don't necessarily agree with him, but I'm fine with him right now. but we should lynch him anyway because it's in the rules

6. ThirdKoopa - I have to be honest, I kind of struggle to keep up with this guy. He churns out words at a rate of knots, is telling us he's okay with being lynched/shot, and half of each post is just full of jargon I don't fully understand. Like, what the hell is an ISO? I'm going to assume, given the context, that he's not talking about a disc image file or the International Organisation for Standardisation. Though I will say that it comes off as unnervingly similar to his play from the last game, where he was mafia and intentionally producing stuff like this to make it seem like he was contributing meaningfully ("spewing wine", as he might put it), but his end goal was more or less to make us throw out whatever he was saying. Though I've only played that one game with him, so I don't know if he's just always like this. Leaning more mafia on him at the moment. also he keeps spelling my name wrong he sucks we should definitely lynch him

7. Moydow - ró-álainn, nach bhfuil sí?

8. Fire Emblemier - just saw the post about him looking for a replacement as I was finishing up here, so I guess I can't say much here. Didn't have much to say, anyway.

9. Fandangox - I think his pushing against Nabe is fine and I agree with his reasoning for doing so, I also don't like Nabe not just saying what he's hinting at so I'm fine with anyone trying to get more meaning out of him. Leaning town.

10. Z25 - did not do himself any favours with his vote for flip hider and subsequent explanation that he thought it allowed the mafia to make a fake role PM, but it's true that he might have just misunderstood it and changed his mind once it was pointed out. But claiming vanilla this early isn't a smart move either. Not sure if it is mafia fake-claiming under pressure, or an ill-advised town move, though. It's not dissimilar to how he played last game, so he's at least got that going for him. 50/50, won't oppose lynching him.

11. J - literally who?

12. Sephiroths Masamune - since his push for poisoner seems to be where a lot of suspicion towards him is coming from, I didn't think his point about rolecop+roleblocker being a really strong combo for the mafia was that unreasonable, really. The problem is more that, during the role voting, he didn't really engage enough with people arguing that poisoner would be worse if we happened to get a jailer. So it depends. If we do have a jailer, then he has a lot to answer for, and if we don't, then he's a little more justified in pushing for poisoner. Looking at his more recent posts, I'm a little more okay with him, but still could go either way.

13. Kantrip - seems okay from what I've seen of him, his reasoning for picking the roles he did is fair, and I agree with him that I'd rather not lynch an inactive right now when we have other information on the table. Mixed, but leaning town here.

-------------------

Right now, for the lynch, I suppose it's between Thirdkoopa, Z25, Vult, and Sephiroth, for me. Of those Thirdkoopa gives me the least comfortable gut feeling, based on what I saw of him last game, so to get a vote out there:

Vote: Thirdkoopa

D

Deleted member

For the record, I initially voted Seph because both him and Vult are basically question marks for me in terms of playstyle, I wanted to see what would come out of it and lo and behold, Seph's reactions were something, alright.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Moydow Moydow

Why does your opinion of Seph change based on if we have a jailer or not? If he's town it's not like he'd know what mafia gave us, right?

I'm confused about your Nabe read since you like both Maven and Fandango's pushes against him yet say you lean town on him? Could you expand on that?

Also, just curious what the negative aspects of your "mixed but leaning town" read on me are as you only mentioned the town-leaning aspects of your read.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Sure, let's talk about it.

Re: Formulaic play. I see where you're coming from, but, Shish pointed out very well earlier how Town can change their minds to a 180.

The people I used to play with often pulled LaL (Lynch all Lurkers) Day 1. I see that's not quite the case here from the games I've played thus far. If you guys are going to pick a lynch, unless some magic shenanigans should happen, it should be a lynch we've discussed.
I don't see how your formulaic play and town changing their minds are related?

I agree, changing your mind is fine. In fact, I mentioned earlier how I thought Z25 changing his mind seemed natural concerning the hider role. When I'm talking about formulaic play I'm more talking about stuff like mentioning how you will suspect anyone who tries to switch wagons on players last minute. It's a very broad statement that hits more at your approach to the game of mafia and has no bearing on this game specifically.

The second part of your quoted statement is kind of exactly what I'm talking about. You talk about lynching lurkers as a general mafia policy and say if we're going to pick a lynch it should be someone we've discussed, implying I guess that we aren't operating under a lynch all lurkers policy? I don't really see the point in bringing this up. While it's not scummy to do so, it just feels like a lot of things you've said in this game are similar to this in that they don't relate to the game at hand and are just fluffing up your thread content.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Similarly, your comments about the theory behind optimal timing of vig shots has no bearing on scumhunting or this game as a whole. This is another case where it feels like you're sharing a bunch of "wisdom" in the form of generalized mafia strategy and I find content like this overshadowing any proactive scumhunting from you.

Top Bottom