• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pick one Assist Trophy to add to each current Challenger Pack (were that possible) or just have one to accompany your most wanted

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Know what I would’ve liked to see? An Assist Trophy added to each current Challenger Pack in the Fighter’s Pass, even packs in Vol. 2 (as in one Assist Trophy per pack). Here are some DLC Assist Trophies I came up with:

• Futaba Sakura (Persona 5): Buffs every stat of the summoner and there allies.
  • Golem (Dragon Quest): Slowly walks around and chucks boulders at opponents.
  • Mumbo Jumbo (Banjo-Kazooie): Casts a spell that randomly transforms the player*.
  • Nakoruru (Samurai Shodown): Fights opponents with her dagger and her trusted bird friend, Mamahaha.
  • Hanneman (Fire Emblem: Three Houses): Teleports around the stage and casts Sagittae. He takes less damage from projectile attacks and is immune to magic attacks, but is relatively weak to physical attacks.
  • Creeper (Minecraft): Follows opponents and explodes in a huge radius after a second and a half.
  • Cactaur (Final Fantasy): Frantically jumps around and attacks using its signature 10,000 Needles

*The transformations are as follows:

-Giant

-Tiny

-Invincible

-Bunny

-Metal

-Bullet Bill

-Super Leaf

-Superspicy Curry

-Gold

Or he can just turn you into a washing machine, leaving you completely helpless until the transformation wears off in ten seconds or an opponent tosses you off.

What’s anyone else’s idea for an Assist Trophy for each pack?

Last edited:

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
Persona 5:
Goro Akechi - Jumps around the stage and slashes people with his lightsaber. When he reaches low health, he summons Robin Hood, who acts like Arsene. His attacks get buffed and he gains a powerful projectile.

Dragon Quest: King Slime - Hops around the stage innocently, occasionally pouncing on enemies. Anyone he lands on gets stuck inside of him, drastically slowing their movement. Has a 5% chance to spawn a Metal King Slime who moves extremely fast, avoiding players. K.Oing this slime rewards stocks in timed battles.

Banjo Kazooie: Gruntilda - Grunty appears and flies around on her broom. She delivers a custom rhyme based at the bottom of the screen based on the opponent she is going to tackle. Then swoops down. Her hitbox is large and she hits like a truck. But the attack is very telegraphed so it is easy to dodge. She does this 3 times before despawning.

SNK: I know nothing about SNK so I shall not even try.

Three Houses: Death Knight - The Death Knight spawns in and rides slowly around on his horse, attacking anyone that gets close to him. Once he has selected his target, his eyes will gleam, and he will gallop at the target at full speed. If you manage to K.O the Death Knight, he drops a Death's Scythe that you can pick up.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
sometimes clinging to upside down surfaces.
hahaha, that's good.

-Igor (Persona): Captures 2 characters into separate cards before smashing them together trying to fuse them. If both characters are above 100%, they will both get KO'd and summon a random assist trophy. If not, then a fusion accident will occur and they will both fall to the ground.

-Wagon (Dragon Quest): Drives around the stage hitting everyone in the way while dropping off random items from the back.

-Gruntilda (Banjo-Kazooie): Flies around on stage casting magic and hitting people with her broom being a general nuisance.

-Geese Howard (Fatal Fury): Will stand in the middle of the fight laughing evilly to himself. Any physical attack that touches him causes him to counter and throw you to the ground. anyone that is lying down next to him will be picked up and thrown as well.

-Anna (Fire Emblem: Three Houses): Sets up a shop on the stage. If a character drops an item in front of the shop, she'll take it and grant whoever gave her the item humongous buffs.

D

Deleted member

Joker: Jack Frost

Hero: Sabrecub

Banjo & Kazooie: Mumbo Jumbo

Terry: Kyo Kusanagi

Byleth: Anna

And for funsies, I'm going to list 6 additional options. We don't know who will be on Fighter Pass 2. Heck, I'm hesitant to call any of the characters I'm about to list predictions. But it's what I'm working with.

Lloyd: Genis

Bandana Dee: Plasma Wisp

Rex: Poppi

Rillaboom: Pokemon Ranger (Thought an assist trophy from Pokemon was impossible did ya ;))

Malicious Ganondorf: Guardian Scout (The idea behind this character is using the BOTW2 incarnation of Ganondorf as a separate character on the roster with a more traditional Ganondorf moveset. It's an idea I'm keeping my eye on. But I'm very much prepared for the possibility of it not happening.)

Ryu Hayabusa: Falcon

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Joker: Jack Frost

Hero: Sabrecub

Terry: Kyo Kusanagi

Byleth: Anna

And for funsies, I'm going to list 6 additional options. We don't know who will be on Fighter Pass 2. Heck, I'm hesitant to call any of the characters I'm about to list predictions. But it's what I'm working with.

Lloyd: Genis

Bandana Dee: Plasma Wisp

Rex: Poppi

Rillaboom: Pokemon Ranger (Thought an assist trophy from Pokemon was impossible did ya ;))

Malicious Ganondorf: Guardian Scout (The idea behind this character is using the BOTW2 incarnation of Ganondorf as a separate character on the roster with a more traditional Ganondorf moveset. It's an idea I'm keeping my eye on. But I'm very much prepared for the possibility of it not happening.)

Ryu Hayabusa: Falcon
You know, I'm alright with people's most wanted in general having one Assist Trophy to accompany them, so...

Jill Valentine, Resident Evil series: Chris Redfield; attacks with Explosive Rounds, and finishes with either a Freeze Round, a Flame Round, or an Acid Round (which harshly lowers the opponent's defense).

Arle Nadja, Puyo Puyo series: Schezo Wegey; attacks opponents with dark magic, and then uses Neo Slash, which temporarily stuns opponents.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Joker: Futaba

Hero: Rab

Banjo: Mumbo Jumbo

Terry: Rock

Byleth: Alois

And for fun with my most wanteds:

Kiryu: Majima

Sora: Axel

D

Deleted member

Joker: I think Jack Frost (Need to play Persona 5)

Hero: Dragonlord or Sirvando

Banjo: Conker

Terry: Marco from Metal Slug

Byleth: Marianne

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Joker: I don’t know because I’ve never played Persona 5 (waiting for Royal) or any Persona game in general.

Hero: Maybe Jade or Sylvando

Terry: Same with Joker

Byleth: Death Knight

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
To add an assist for my most wanted.

Heavy Weapons Guy: The Medic

The Medic spawns and begins healing whoever summoned him for 1% every second. This phase lasts for 16 seconds. If the Medic or his patient are knocked too far away he loses his connection. If Medic heals his target for at least 10 seconds he gains Uber Charge, making his summoner invulnerable for 5 seconds. He leaves after delivering an Uber Charge.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
:ultjoker:: Yu Narukami/Makoto Yuki
:ulthero:: DQ3 Warrior/Fighter/Mage/Priest/Sage/Gadabout/Thief/Merchant
:ultbanjokazooie:: Don't know, never really played BK or cared about the franchise
:ult_terry:: Don't know much either, Geese Howard maybe?
Byleth: Sothis

D

Deleted member

• Joker: Jack Frost or Akechi
  • Hero: Dragonlord
  • Banjo: Mumbo Jumbo
  • Terry: Nakoruru
  • Byleth: Anna

recordagger

Smash Cadet
:ultjoker:: Futaba-She will buff a random special on all players
:ulthero:: I have not played
:ultbanjokazooie:: Boggy-He will slide down the stage's surface
:ult_terry:: Mai Shiranui-She throws fans
Byleth: Seteth-He will fly above the stage and occasionally swipe with his axe as a Wyvern Lord

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My additions (includes my choices for fighter's pass 2)

:ultjoker:: Oracle (Futaba can join the battle with Joker)
:ulthero:: King Slime (The leader of slimes)
:ultbanjokazooie:: Mumbo Jumbo (assist can't be on Spiral Mountain stage due to Mumbo Jumbo being there)
:ult_terry:: King (she could show up on the King of Fighters stage, since the characters that appear in the stage are random)
Byleth: Hector (we need an axe user assist)
:ultminmin: Master Mummy (ready to launch opponents in the sky)
Steve: Creeper (Ready to Explode in this fight)

Fighter Pass 2 predictions (includes some Pokeball Pokémon)
Adeleine: Gooey (He can partner with Kirby in battle)
Shantae: Risky Boots (The Pirate Ship is ready for her)
Lugia: Tyrannitar (Replacing Lugia in the Pokeball Pokémon) and Zebstrika (Ready to strike out at the opponents)
Geno: Midbus (Bowser would not be pleased when he arrives)

Updated: included the Creeper (aka one of my most wanted assist trophies)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
for my most wanted:

Crash: Ripper Roo - jumps around throwing TNT crates and occasionally Nitro. He can also attack directly, but only by stomping on you.
Muddy Mole: Jinbe - runs around with his rake. Functions the same as the Waluigi AT.
Jill: Detective Carrie - pilots her police-robot and shoots out giant handcuffs. (you know, I never really realised how ridiculous DD is until now)
Waluigi: Goomba - remember how Goombas would sometimes come out of boxes in Melee? yeah, that.
PaRappa: Joe Chin - starts blabbering about nothing, with speech bubbles covering the stage. just like the Squid Sisters AT his theme song plays.
Eggman: Fang the Sniper - jumps around on his tail and shoots corks

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm going publisher, rather than the series specifically. Open it up a bit.

Joker (Sega) - NiGHTS (NiGHTS into Dreams...)
Hero (Square Enix) - Agnes (Bravely Default)
Banjo Kazooie (Microsoft) - Conker (Conker's Bad Fur Day)
Terry (SNK) - Nakoruru (Samurai Showdown)
Byleth (Nintendo) - Mallo (Pushmo)

recordagger

Smash Cadet
Fighter Pass 2!

ARMS Character: We have Springman, but if he is the character, replace him with Springtron. We could get Geno or something too.

Travis Touchdown: Shinobu can do several kicks, similar to Peach, jump up and do a Sonic Sword, similar to Cloud’s Neutral Special.

Jibanyan: Whisper can spew a noxious gas at an opponent to stun them, lower their stats, or reverse their controls. Then, he’ll read something on the Yokai-Pad, and cover the screen with either speech bubbles, or himself. Can be ”killed” (I mean he’s already dead).

Phoenix Wright: Apollo Justice can add and break Psyche Locks on the screen. Its similar to Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings’ Final Smash.

Waluigi: Dice Block is basically Hocus Pocus.

Heavy: Soldier will rocket jump across the stage and fire rockets at people. Can be killed.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
FP Vol. 2
ARMS:
Asssuming it’s Spring Man, Helix could probably make a good Assist Trophy. He can stretch and punch simultaneously.

My Most Wanted
Sora:
Riku; attacks with spinning slashes and finishes with Dark Aura
Crash Bandicoot: N. Trance; hypnotizes opponents and/or enemy Assit Trophies into doing his bidding.
Axel Stone: Mr. X; fires his gun in 8 directions, sometimes physically attacking with it.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Assist Trophies? Hmm... I'll go with Assist Trophies alongside characters that ain't in or not in yet:

Fighter: Geno

Assist Trophy: Mallow

Mallow can use HP Rain to heal the player that summoned him. He use Thunderbolt to do great damage to the summoner's opponents.

Fighter: Dixie Kong Assist Trophy: Rambi

Rambi would work very differently from other Assist Trophies as you can get on him and run over other players on the map.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Joker: Jack Frost. Hops nimbly around the stage and uses ice attacks. Says Hee Ho :yoshi:
Hero: Slime. Does whatever Slimes do, idk I've never played DQ
Banjo-Kazooie: Mumbo Jumbo. Casts spells that have a random effect
Terry: Nakoruru. Sends her bird out to attack. Idk I've also never played FF/KoF but I like Nakoruru
Byleth: I feel like Sothis could do something cool. I've also never played 3H :psycho:
Min Min: Well Ninjara didn't get in as playable, so why not? He'd vanish and reappear in various places, launching his ARMS and shurikens as attacks

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
:ultjoker:: Jack Frost. Hee lays magical ice traps all around the stage and is a general nuisance, ho.
:ulthero:: King Slime. Uses Snub, which bounces enemy projectiles back, along with Midheal should the summoner get too badly hurt.
:ultbanjokazooie:: Gruntilda. Rhymes a bit about the summoner while giving them one of various random transformations, then disappears. These transformations include:
  • Super Mushroom
  • Tail
  • Metal
  • Clear
  • Gold
  • Bunny Hood
:ult_terry:: Nakoruru and Mamahaha. Nakoruru does a homing slash, or occasionally calls Mamahaha to mangle random foes.
:ultbyleth:: Anna. Drop or toss an item near her and you gain a temporary buff to your attack and defense.
:ultminmin:: Ninjara. He blitzes around, shooting Triblast missiles or hitting hard with his Slapamanders.

Misty: Lapras, since this is Pokémon we're talking about. It uses a Hydro Pump and Sheer Cold combo to fling opponents out as if they were last week's trash.
Shantae: Bolo. He swings his spiked ball-and-chain around to deal massive damage and temporarily dizzy foes. He may easily be taken out, though.
Crash: Dr. Neo Cortex. If you've played Crash Twinsanity, you'll know how Cortex is supposed to control on his own: He'll whack foes with his eeeeevil wrench, or even blast 'em with his laser pistol to shrink them.
Bandana Dee: Dark Matter. He infects someone's shadow, poisoning them for a while, and also has a rapid string of sword attacks for close-range combat.
(Insert new SEGA fighter here): Ristar, coming back after a long absence. Grapples foes and headbutts them for an attack that may or may not KO early. When Ristar's active time is up, watch out, because he'll then swing and launch off of a Star Handle.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
:ultjoker:: Jack Frost: They will run around the stage shooting a frozen projectile and has a freeze trap
:ulthero:: Stella: Stella will fly around the stage applying buffs to you and your teammates
:ultbanjokazooie:: Mumbo Jumbo: He will use one of several spells
:ult_terry:: SV-001: They will move from edge to edge and fire shells
:ultbyleth:: Kronya: She will teleport around the stage attacking the nearest opponent with her daggers
:ultminmin: Ninjara: He will jump and teleport around the stage, He will use his Chakram arm to deal some damage, He may get Rush like Springman and finally he may use a grab and throw

For Stella and Mumbo Jumbo
-Gold
-Giant
-Tail
-Super Star
-Bunny Hood
-Superspicy Curry
-Heal
Mumbo only
-Flower
-Freeze
-Stun

To add on to this prompt I will add an assist from my most wanted:

Estelle: Joshua: Joshua will run around stage and attack using his dual swords may also cast certain arts like Death Scream and White Gehenna
  • Death Scream, Joshua shouts and anyone around him has a 20% chance of getting KO'd instantly
  • White Gehenna, Joshua summons a massive circle in front of him dealing damage and has a 20% chance to make the opponents caught fall asleep

Sakura: Kamiya/Ogami: One of them will run around and attack with their swords and may get into their mech and do the same but much larger and heavier

Saber: Mash: She will follow the person who summoned her and she will use her shield to reflect all projectiles and if someone gets to close she will bash them with her shield

Crash: Crunch: He will run around and spin attack people who get close and may use a mask from Wrath Of Cortex

Sora: Riku: Riku will run around stage and attack opponents. OR Meow Wow: They will bounce around stage dealing damage with each bounce and before they leave they will explode into a fountain of other dream eaters.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My choice of a Final Fantasy Assist would be a Chocobo.

It would peck it’s beak, kick opponents with it’s claws and ram down opponents.

Top Bottom