• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu's true potential

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
So we know pichu is the second worst character and consider a joke character for me i belive that is not true all we need is someone who can unlock pichus power and work around the recoil thougths are welcomed

Last edited:

Callinater

Smash Rookie
The reason why Pichu is anchored to the bottom tier and no one uses him is because Pikachu exists.
There may not be anything inherently wrong with Pichu but he is just outclassed by Pikachu; a straight downgrade.
I'm not sure about his speed, because the rankings suggest that Pichu is tied with Pikachu.
Pretty much the only thing Pichu has over Pikachu is his small frame, but we can just wipe him off the floor by d-smashing or d-tilting.

Seriously though, Pichu DAMAGES HIMSELF? That's the icing on the cake.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
The reason why Pichu is anchored to the bottom tier and no one uses him is because Pikachu exists.
There may not be anything inherently wrong with Pichu but he is just outclassed by Pikachu; a straight downgrade.
I'm not sure about his speed, because the rankings suggest that Pichu is tied with Pikachu.
Pretty much the only thing Pichu has over Pikachu is his small frame, but we can just wipe him off the floor by d-smashing or d-tilting.

Seriously though, Pichu DAMAGES HIMSELF? That's the icing on the cake.
well, yeah, because he has pikachu problems and he doesn't have a real CC and is overall slightly slower. pichu's nair is something pikachu would kill for but w/e.

not a problem since pichu is amazingly fragile in the first place.

Last edited:

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Pichu has a longer roll and better l-cancel data than Pikachu. But everything else is basically just worse.

Edit: Oh his u-tilt is better too.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Isn't Pikachu's grab awful? I was trying Pichu's grab and it felt pretty decent. So I guess he outclasses him there as well (though his grab range is still bottom 3 in the game XD)

Popertop

Smash Champion
NECRO NECRO NECRO

I AM THE GREATEST

NECRO NECRO NECRO

/s

You can use the self damaging moves to change your percent to get out of certain percent ranges where things are guaranteed, i.e. chaingrabs, Uthrow > Uair (fox), Uthrow > Rest (jiggs), etc.

Pichu's true potential is getting a lead and then running away

Top Bottom