• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu's KO options and potential

kingPiano

Smash Ace
Surprised there already wasn't already a thread about this topic (I know there are full fledged guides).
I'll just be giving a short run down of average KO thresholds of Pichu's moves and combos from my experiences:
Lower ranges are usually the lightest weight (Pichu), top ranges usually the heaviest (Bowser), assumed on FD no DI

Note: I have found in some cases that G&W gets KO'ed faster than Pichu even though he's not as light supposedly.
All moves considered fresh, max damage potential

Up-Smash: 65-105% - easiest to end combos and get a kill with surprising backwards range
> depending on FF or floaty use up or down throw into charged or regular Up-Smash

D-smash: 80-120% on edge - sends down and away opposite of which side they were originally on, disappointing range
- does not KO at this percent but with edgehog will end most chars stocks

F-smash: insane knockback on last hitbox (about 300% as much as Pikachu's)
- can end a stock as early as 20% on characters with bad recovery on edge b/c of push back
- light weight characters can be KO'ed as early as 45% on FD edge, 75% KO from center

Nair: initial strong hitbox and coming at them head on with a Pichu Long Jump™ - 130-160%
soft hit box - ~190-225%
> also seems to have a property where if the opponent is airborne or in hitstun on ground it's stronger

Bair: seems to have the same knock back on initial hitbox and it's last, overall more than the weak Nair but way less than Nair's initial hitbox knockback.

Dair: 130-180% initial hit box, from center stage

Back throw: 70-100% with solid edgeguarding
- 190-210% actual throw off edge KO
> surprisingly Pichu and light characters die near 210, while Bowser dies earliest as 190

Edgeguard off stage KO combos: multiple nairs and jolt to nair can't be guaranteed until in the 40% range on easy gimps
- intercept double jump, before up-b used
- usually 60-70% is optimal and guaranteed if you read recovery right

Edgeguard spammables: D-tilt, F-smash, D-smash (have to have great timing to get invincibility frames to avoid up b hit) F -tilt also (small range but quick high priority hit box)
- Jolt: a staple, no hurtbox hitbox always good at trumping recovery
- while grabbing ledge: tap away or down > jump > invincible nair
- a drop jump U-air from the ledge can pop up enemies approaching ledge
- on some chars you can even grab or pivot grab them as they recover to ledge, Pichu has surprising grab range as we all know

I'm sure there are some that have skipped my mind here, feel free to post them if you have one
I just wanted to get a summary of Pichu's kill percents. It's easy to lose yourself in a match but these numbers should be on your mind, trying to get the earliest kill, etc. Pichu doesn't have the luxury to let the opponent live longer than they need to, don't toy with your enemies!

Last edited:

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
I think it's worth noting that dair only has a hair more knockback than nair and really struggles to find use age over nair in some combos

D-smash is nice ib theory vs people who don't like to be turned around during recovery like those with hook shots, but I really don't use d-smash very often.

Something I've seen before with f-smash is it can reset fox if he misses a tech and he gets out before the last hit. But i question using it when jab does much more damage and gives us more time to follow up and can be used on reaction instead.

If You predict a missed tech and are to far to reset sometimes I start charging right after nair and You can cover all options and if You start later than them they'll be forced to get up before You have to release. But most people don't know they timing for forced get up so it can be moot.

The percents I'm more worried about are upair, up throw, and thunder combo percents.

I have a few like no di sh upair forces fox to tech till 60%
Falco 55
Falcon 20

Up throw doesn't work till 20 ish vs fox/falco ends around 85%

Falcon 40 or 60 I can't remember.

Fully charged side-b kills puff on middle of dl64 at 26%

Oh pichu has by far the strongest f-smash in the game but it suffers from incredibly low knockback growth and at 20% tipper marth f-smash sends people farther

Last edited:

kingPiano

Smash Ace
I think it's worth noting that dair only has a hair more knockback than nair and really struggles to find use age over nair in some combos

D-smash is nice ib theory vs people who don't like to be turned around during recovery like those with hook shots, but I really don't use d-smash very often.

Something I've seen before with f-smash is it can reset fox if he misses a tech and he gets out before the last hit. But i question using it when jab does much more damage and gives us more time to follow up and can be used on reaction instead.

If You predict a missed tech and are to far to reset sometimes I start charging right after nair and You can cover all options and if You start later than them they'll be forced to get up before You have to release. But most people don't know they timing for forced get up so it can be moot.

The percents I'm more worried about are upair, up throw, and thunder combo percents.

I have a few like no di sh upair forces fox to tech till 60%
Falco 55
Falcon 20

Up throw doesn't work till 20 ish vs fox/falco ends around 85%

Falcon 40 or 60 I can't remember.

Fully charged side-b kills puff on middle of dl64 at 26%

Oh pichu has by far the strongest f-smash in the game but it suffers from incredibly low knockback growth and at 20% tipper marth f-smash sends people farther

Both Dair and Dsmash do have their uses:

Dair has more generous hitboxes than Nair and it has more priority over certain moves (more success intercepting Fox, and Falco's up-b and many other character's up tilt/smash/air)

D-smash has to be timed really precisely but on the edge you can have a pretty much invincible edgeguard on any recovery. The timing is really tight though and the range is not great.

In general though and in neurtral they are the least useful in Pichu's artillery.

F-air is never usually worth using either. It has big hitboxes and it has low knockback which is good for setting up grabs and combos at any percent. But 4% damage on yourself is not worth it, there are better options and a good opponent can usually counter before you do anything else (Fair has low hitstun)

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
Fair has set knock back and if You hit someone in the air and drag them to the ground they can still cc punish believe it or not. Fair is niche But used for the auto combos to grab/d tilt. Sometimes up-smash when they quit ccing everything

Last edited:

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
honestly it's just like this for kill options, at least from my experience...
up smash: one of the very few kill percents to put to memory here... i'm pretty sure it's as strong as fox's which is really nice. the other is probably chain grabs on spacies, and it'd be nice to know specifically when they start. and skull bash to punish missed rests on jigglypuff.
down smash: late mid percent to edgeguard
forward smash: really unlikely to land but anything with decent percent is usually dead unless it's samus or peach
nair: it kills eventually but you might as well convert to an edgeguard. when it straight out kills then...okay.
everything else: ledge of glory

Last edited:

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
Pichu has the 6th strongest we are behind like pika, fox, gannon, sheik(tips)and ics?

I just remember 6th : P

We don't have a good finisher out of up throw when our chain throw ends on space animals upair dair is meh and up-smash thunder won't kill at 90% at all. So maybe gimmicks? Like sh fair d-smash???

kingPiano

Smash Ace
honestly it's just like this for kill options, at least from my experience...
up smash: one of the very few kill percents to put to memory here... i'm pretty sure it's as strong as fox's which is really nice. the other is probably chain grabs on spacies, and it'd be nice to know specifically when they start. and skull bash to punish missed rests on jigglypuff.
down smash: late mid percent to edgeguard
forward smash: really unlikely to land but anything with decent percent is usually dead unless it's samus or peach
nair: it kills eventually but you might as well convert to an edgeguard. when it straight out kills then...okay.
everything else: ledge of glory
I believe chain grabs are like 20-80% possible on FF and floaties (up throw/ down throw respectively) could've been a bigger margin but Pichu is pretty laggy out of throw and the hitstun isn't long enough. I've had the most luck with Sheik and Falcon in actual practice.

F smash isn't unlikey when on ledge, it's actually almost always guaranteed. The timing is the difficult part to get the last hit box, but honestly people I've played seem to have a hard time SDI'ing out of it

kingPiano

Smash Ace
Pichu has the 6th strongest we are behind like pika, fox, gannon, sheik(tips)and ics?

I just remember 6th : P

We don't have a good finisher out of up throw when our chain throw ends on space animals upair dair is meh and up-smash thunder won't kill at 90% at all. So maybe gimmicks? Like sh fair d-smash???

Yea there is Up throw > Up smash
If they DI then dash or WD to up smash, it works almost every time.

In general against any char you can start the Up Smash early after the Throw, the hit box goes higher than you think and before they can snap out of hitstun.

Last edited:

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
Up throw up smash never kills, well ys and ps but I am referring to fd where the chain will likly last long enough to end by jump out/shine options.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I like Dsmash, it's really good.
Dthrow->dsmash by the edge is a useful DI mix up.
It's not good for actually edgeguarding because if they tech it you can't really follow it up. I prefer ftilt in those situations. Or dtilt on some of the recoveries that it can beat out depending on the percent.

Dsmash is very useful on platforms when you get a read on someone coming up at you, that's probably the most frequent way I use it. You really have to Know it will connect though, because whiffing that move sucks.

kingPiano

Smash Ace
I like Dsmash, it's really good.
Dthrow->dsmash by the edge is a useful DI mix up.
It's not good for actually edgeguarding because if they tech it you can't really follow it up. I prefer ftilt in those situations. Or dtilt on some of the recoveries that it can beat out depending on the percent.

Dsmash is very useful on platforms when you get a read on someone coming up at you, that's probably the most frequent way I use it. You really have to Know it will connect though, because whiffing that move sucks.
I don't get your fascination with D-smash man...do you have a recording of you using it like this?

That move has only 6-7 frames of active hitboxes and then 41 frames of nothing but end lag, just sitting there spinning

When someone is below me I find it much better just to shield if they are poking up airs then shield drop nair or dair in between. And if they come up on my level up obviously do something OoS like grab / Up Smash / Nair. Whiffing a D-smash is one of the worst things, so punishable.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
hm maybe somewhere, iunno.
My pichu doesn't get the spot light as much these days.
I'll try to record some stuff at the next weekly I go to.

Stormfury12

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
While maybe not a smash kill or anything, advanced Pichu players can use quick attack from about 1/3 on finl destination to get right out over the ledge then perform the second jolt of the move to quickly grab the ledge. Of course you can do this at any point really. Just thought I would throw that in. Oh, and her thunder bolt can sometimes kill if they're high up enough or something to that extent :3

kingPiano

Smash Ace
While maybe not a smash kill or anything, advanced Pichu players can use quick attack from about 1/3 on finl destination to get right out over the ledge then perform the second jolt of the move to quickly grab the ledge. Of course you can do this at any point really. Just thought I would throw that in. Oh, and her thunder bolt can sometimes kill if they're high up enough or something to that extent :3
Yea that's general knowledge I think (and it's about 1/4 on FD). Not that is really matters, but Pichu's up-b is actually called Agility, Quick Attack is Pikachu's because it actually has a hit box and can damage unlike Pichu's.

It's usually better to dash off and just single agility back onto the ledge (about as fast and you don't get the extra 3%). In practical use I find it faster just to do multiple wave-dashes backwards, then WD off the ledge to hog.

And yea for sure, I mentioned the jolt already on the ledge guard section, it has a low scaling knockback that's pretty high initially if you hit them directly with it.

Last edited:

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
i prefer running to the edge, canceling out the tipsy animation, and wavedashing to the edge to avoid self damage, and it might be faster.

looking at the frame data, what i said is probably a few frames longer than the standard one zip agility. there's also the thing where we can perfect agility to pc drop, which is really hard to do but probably faster if far away.

Last edited:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
i prefer running to the edge, canceling out the tipsy animation, and wavedashing to the edge to avoid self damage, and it might be faster.

looking at the frame data, what i said is probably a few frames longer than the standard one zip agility. there's also the thing where we can perfect agility to pc drop, which is really hard to do but probably faster if far away.
Thats called a teeter cancel, it's actually really good, I use them a lot.
I also dont like run off agility hog very much. I prefer to pc hog out of a walk or just jump back to the ledge depending on how they are recovering.

xChaos

Smash Cadet
Nair might kill that late from the middle of the stage, but realistically it kills a lot sooner. One of the best parts about Pichu's nair is that you can go so deep off stage with it.

Also, in my experience, backwards Nair without horizontal movement beats Fox and Falco's upB 90% of the time. When used like this, Nair seems to be better than Dair for edgeguarding space animals, because it can cover multiple recovery options.

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
Pichu's nair has a rolling hitbox that follows his feet and bair is a little more reliable for beating up-b but often they get another try.

If You use the rolling hitbox right You can run over ffers shffl options besides like bairs and falcons upair

kingPiano

Smash Ace
Nair might kill that late from the middle of the stage, but realistically it kills a lot sooner. One of the best parts about Pichu's nair is that you can go so deep off stage with it.

Also, in my experience, backwards Nair without horizontal movement beats Fox and Falco's upB 90% of the time. When used like this, Nair seems to be better than Dair for edgeguarding space animals, because it can cover multiple recovery options.
"Edgeguard off stage KO combos: multiple nairs and jolt to nair can't be guaranteed until in the 40% range on easy gimps
- usually 60-70% is optimal and guaranteed if you read recovery right"

read...

And what are you even talking about? Fox/Falco's Up-B nair hit percentage is nowhere near that high. It's more like 20% of the time and it's mostly down to luck and will likely trade or completely overwhelm your nair.

The best option if you miss a nair before they start Up-B is to just wait and grab when they land, Up smash their land, or F-smash or F-tilt the lip of the ledge if they try to sweet spot.

Last edited:

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
"Edgeguard off stage KO combos: multiple nairs and jolt to nair can't be guaranteed until in the 40% range on easy gimps
- usually 60-70% is optimal and guaranteed if you read recovery right"

read...

And what are you even talking about? Fox/Falco's Up-B nair hit percentage is nowhere near that high. It's more like 20% of the time and it's mostly down to luck and will likely trade or completely overwhelm your nair.

The best option if you miss a nair before they start Up-B is to just wait and grab when they land, Up smash their land, or F-smash or F-tilt the lip of the ledge if they try to sweet spot.
you can still just go deep and destroy people off stage since you get back faster than they do.

ledge stall to get invulnerability and you can invincible nair spacies until they die if they are under you.

kingPiano

Smash Ace
you can still just go deep and destroy people off stage since you get back faster than they do.

ledge stall to get invulnerability and you can invincible nair spacies until they die if they are under you.
Yes in my OP I mentioned invincible nairs (he was talking about normal nairs)
and as I have mentioned again 2 times I already talked about nair combos off stage also in the OP

Last edited:

xChaos

Smash Cadet
The scenario I described with the backwards Nair works basically every time I do it. I agree with 20% success rate when you just go in with a Nair, but the back of Nair seems to beat the spacies' upB more consistently.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
You can beat it out 100% of the time if you just space/time it correctly lmao.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of invincible nair from the ledge once spacies lose their double jump. Free af.

I'm also a huge fan of ftilt always. From like 0-20ish% (I can't remember the exact percent off the top of my head) it's untechable and has low enough kb to combo into falling nair/dair (at that percent you can combo out of dair too). It's even more guaranteed because spacies with di+sdi everything towards the stage to tech out of habit, which makes follow ups way easier.

kingPiano

Smash Ace
You can beat it out 100% of the time if you just space/time it correctly lmao.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of invincible nair from the ledge once spacies lose their double jump. Free af.

I'm also a huge fan of ftilt always. From like 0-20ish% (I can't remember the exact percent off the top of my head) it's untechable and has low enough kb to combo into falling nair/dair (at that percent you can combo out of dair too). It's even more guaranteed because spacies with di+sdi everything towards the stage to tech out of habit, which makes follow ups way easier.
Well the main problem is this is 100% untrue about the nair "lmao". The nair has a rolling hitbox that leaves Pichu's head and especially his ears outside of it like 80% of the time from any certain direction. Also it doesn't matter if it's a backwards nair or not the animation and hitbox/hurtbox rotation is symmetrical and exposed time is equal.

You have only about a 20% window where the hit box is optimally in the same direction as the Up-Bs strong hitbox, then it can hit a spacies hurtbox first and you can knock them out with out getting hit yourself. Most of the other time it's a trade or you just get hit and they don't at all.

You'd have to be a robot to "space/time it correctly 100% of the time" since it's only like 3-4 frames where the rolling hitboxes are facing the approacing Up-B and can reach through to Fox's/Falco's hurtbox with out you hitting their hitbox. The amount of practice it would take to time the start of the hit of nair with reading where they are going is not worth it since there are tons of better edge-guard options (frankly you should have already jumped out and naired them 2 times by already before they up-b).

Last edited:

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
if you're good at spacing and practice it, you can definitely do it at least semi consistently. if you really want tech that's hard, try doing stuff like pivots after the first dash dance.

Last edited:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Well the main problem is this is 100% untrue about the nair "lmao". The nair has a rolling hitbox that leaves Pichu's head and especially his ears outside of it like 80% of the time from any certain direction. Also it doesn't matter if it's a backwards nair or not the animation and hitbox/hurtbox rotation is symmetrical and exposed time is equal.

You have only about a 20% window where the hit box is optimally in the same direction as the Up-Bs strong hitbox, then it can hit a spacies hurtbox first and you can knock them out with out getting hit yourself. Most of the other time it's a trade or you just get hit and they don't at all.

You'd have to be a robot to "space/time it correctly 100% of the time" since it's only like 3-4 frames where the rolling hitboxes are facing the approacing Up-B and can reach through to Fox's/Falco's hurtbox with out you hitting their hitbox. The amount of practice it would take to time the start of the hit of nair with reading where they are going is not worth it since there are tons of better edge-guard options (frankly you should have already jumped out and naired them 2 times by already before they up-b).
It's definitely something you should practice and it becomes second nature with time. I do still miss it on occassion due to spacing flubs or misreading the angle (I always at least trade though) but it is definitely something that can be done consistently.
And something you should learn since you're not always in position to jump out there and nair them twice before their upB comes out.

But really, in melee, timing a 3-4 frame window (iirc its actually bigger than that, Ill look into it later) is not that big a deal. You should see the **** I do with ICs

Also in response to comet, I have been playing around with pivots a lot lately. If you want something that stupid hard, try pivot utilts. They are so good but so hard to do consistently. It's crazy.

kingPiano

Smash Ace
It's definitely something you should practice and it becomes second nature with time. I do still miss it on occassion due to spacing flubs or misreading the angle (I always at least trade though) but it is definitely something that can be done consistently.
And something you should learn since you're not always in position to jump out there and nair them twice before their upB comes out.

But really, in melee, timing a 3-4 frame window (iirc its actually bigger than that, Ill look into it later) is not that big a deal. You should see the **** I do with ICs

Also in response to comet, I have been playing around with pivots a lot lately. If you want something that stupid hard, try pivot utilts. They are so good but so hard to do consistently. It's crazy.
It is only about 3 frames, 6 frames total where the half of the cycle has potential hitboxes extending past the hurtboxes but they aren't extending enough to penetrate the Up-B hitbox.

Once again it's not even worth arguing about. It's dumb and impractical against any serious player since there are like 10 better options with Pichu. You won't see any respectable player using a Nair against an active Up-B from a spacie.

And hey I'd like to see the **** you can do with you ICs. If you have the reaction time of a robot and frame perfect timing you might be the best IC player there ever was.

Last edited:

xChaos

Smash Cadet
Pichu's Nair has two hitboxes. One slightly smaller one that rotates with body, and another bigger one that rotates slower than the other. These two hitboxes line up outside of Pichu's hurtbox (Namely his extruding ear hurtbox) in two alternatine places throughout the attack. Nair has the biggest disjoint when the two hitboxes line up above and to the front of Pichu. This disjoint is brief, as it occurs while the hitboxes are rotating faster at the begining of the animation. The other place the two hitboxes line up happens twice. Briefly at the beginning of the Nair, and again near the end. The alignment at the end is the important one. It happens at the slowest part of the animation, and thus lasts about twice as long as the other two. It's also worth noting that this last spin goes up the length of Pichu's back as it ends, though the disjoint shrinks during this time.

Let's say that fox is off stage, slightly below the stage height. He has a few likely options, he could sweetspot the ledge, go straight for the stage, or go very far up in attempt to avoid a read. Fox's UpB has no disjoint at all at the tip. In fact, his hurtbox extends out past the hitbox of the attack. Due to these, Pichu can jump off, backwards, then do a rising Nair slightly towards the stage. The first brief backwards disjoint covers the sweetspot, and the second longer one will cover higher angles.
You obviously have to space and time it well, but it definitely is far from useless. You could cover the higher options with Fsmash, or you could cover just the sweetspot with Dtilt then try to react to the higher angles from the stage, but the option that covers the most of the opponents is in my opinion the one you should master.
You won't see any respectable player using a Nair against an active Up-B from a spacie.
If Derf isn't a respectable Pichu player then I don't know who is.
Also, this is the kind of tactic that a Pichu MAIN would use, as it's not exactly the most intuitive. Players who just play Pichu to mess around like Mew2King or Mango may not use it, but it doesn't mean it won't work.

And hey I'd like to see the **** you can do with you ICs. If you have the reaction time of a robot and frame perfect timing you might be the best IC player there ever was.
Ice climbers do a lot of near frame perfect things. It's not a matter of reacting to them, though, it's getting the opponent into situations where you have practiced them. Dealing with small windows of opportunity is something that every character has to utilize.

Last edited:

kingPiano

Smash Ace
xChaos, honestly it feels like I'm talking to someone who casually plays against their friends and CPUs and then maybe goes to the occasional local tournament that gets like 20 entrants.

I'm not going to waste my time explaining how pretty much everything you wrote was non-sense. I'll let you figure it out with time and practice and maybe a bit more experience. Currently you are terribly misinformed and you are arguing semantics and your opinions over facts (not to mention regurgitation obvious game mechanics)

If you want to believe that a backwards Nair knocks Fox out of his Up-B like 90% of the time go on ahead. If you want to believe that your Pichu could beat a Roy of equal skill and that Pichu is higher on the tier list go ahead. Hell you can even believe that DeRF is a "respectable" Pichu player (even though he doesn't play him any more and said himself he's neglected Pichu). I don't get paid to teach people and correct their ignorance or naivety.

xChaos

Smash Cadet
That was me trying to describe the how the hitboxes move throughout Pichu's Nair, because I was unable to find the data in Gif form to explain it. I was trying to explain which parts of the Nair have more disjoin (albeit a small one) than others.

The most important thing, although I obviously didn't emphasize this well enough, is that Fox's nose hurtbox sticks out of the tip of his UpB's hitbox. Any disjoint that a character has, no matter how small, would be enough to hit Fox out of it. Theoretically speaking, a Fox could never hit Pichu's Nair head on unless it hit his extruding ears.

This obviously is not the case. The problem arises as a result of Melee running and checking hitbox collisions at 60fps. By the time the game checks to see if Pichu's hitbox would overlap with Fox's hurtbox, often what happens is that both player's attacks are overlapping, resulting in a trade.

To increase the chance of Pichu's Nair winning, one must make sure that the hitbox overlaps with Fox's nose long before Pichu would be hit by the UpB. The ways to do this would be to increase the disjoint of the attack used or to make the relative speed between the two players smaller, effectively increasing the number of frames in which the interaction can occur.

Pichu's Nair has far from symetrical hitboxes. The disjoint is greatest in the lower back and upper front of the attack. So by using the back I help with the first problem.

By not moving towards fox and instead rising up with him, I increase the duration of the interaction.

The intuitive way of beating the UpB is jumping straight into it with a Nair. Often this is nearly the worst way to beat it because not only does it greatly decrease the amount of frames in the interaction, but it uses the bottum front part of the Nair, where the disjoint is the smallest and the ears linger the longest.

This is really the only thing I've ever testest at length in this game. I've spent several hours analysing the hitboxes in Dolphin frame by frame against one another.

Also, why do you feel the need to start your arguments by trying to discredit the person you are talking to? Sure, I play with my friends and against CPUs, and I go to local tournaments. That doesn't mean the facts are wrong. It also doesn't mean I don't take the game seriously, in fact I would argue that I dedicate more time to making a directed effort at improving in the game than most players today. I spend 1.5-2.5 hours a day playing against people and another 2-4 hours every night practicing advanced techniques.

Last edited:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Pianoman you seem a little overwhelmed but what is and isn't feasable by human players in this game.
I would also suggest lashing out a little less and instead explaining your view points.

I do still play Pichu and I have developed plenty of things for the character while maining another character in a tournament setting. The reason for this is that, in my experience, I was held back by my character.
I also jive with ICs just as much as I did with Pichu.
I don't practice him as often these days because for me the focus right now is rapid improvement in a tournament setting, but I still know more about this character than anyone should ever bother learning.

I also agree with you that straight nairing a spacey out of their upB is suboptimal, youre not wrong. If I'm in position I will ftilt or dash attack, but knowing how to time the nair at least semi-consistently is important because you aren't always in position.
It's something you can get a feel for once you practice it enough.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention Bair. I love bairing if Im positioned to edgecancel it. It's much easier to be consistent with bairs, but there is way more cooldown so its much harder to follow up if you don't edgecancel.

Also technical IC players are robots, you should just assume that off the bat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom