• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu's Dash Dance

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
Dash dance is the same for every character, but some are faster / longer distance than others. Simply flick the L stick forward to get the initial dash animation, then flick it backwards to get another dash animation, rinse and repeat. This is going to be a big part of the meta in Smash Ultimate, so make sure you practice.

Pichu benefits a lot from this tech because he relies on speed so much. It can be used to make your opponent throw out a laggy move to create an opening. For example approach your enemy with a dash, then dash dance back. They might shield or throw out a smash attack which you can then punish. It works a lot better if you don't do the same thing every time. Sometimes don't dash dance, sometimes dash dance twice, sometimes dash dance backwards. Mix ups make this technique work.

OverlyDedicated

Smash Rookie
Dash dance is the same for every character, but some are faster / longer distance than others. Simply flick the L stick forward to get the initial dash animation, then flick it backwards to get another dash animation, rinse and repeat. This is going to be a big part of the meta in Smash Ultimate, so make sure you practice.

Pichu benefits a lot from this tech because he relies on speed so much. It can be used to make your opponent throw out a laggy move to create an opening. For example approach your enemy with a dash, then dash dance back. They might shield or throw out a smash attack which you can then punish. It works a lot better if you don't do the same thing every time. Sometimes don't dash dance, sometimes dash dance twice, sometimes dash dance backwards. Mix ups make this technique work.
I realized it wasnt me it actually was because I have a third party gamecube adapter which has its own bit of latency on it. this caused me to miss my parries and just not to dash dance in general I do appreciate the in depth guide tho.

Top Bottom