• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu Stage Discussion Thread

Octorockandroll

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Might be a bit early, but I think the sooner we figure out where to play Pichu the better off we'll be. I figure that platforms would hinder him because of the self damage and the changes to the engine means he won't really want to camp and they can block his thunder, so he probably won't get much use with them other than an escape option to quick attack to so stages like FD or smashville will be good as opposed to stuff like Battlefield or Dreamland. And of course, his low range makes me think he'd benefit from stronger stages like FoD or Lylat Cruise in certain matchups.

What do you guys think?

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
I think, ironically enough, that Pokemon Stadium (haz off) would suit Pichu really well. Plenty of open room for Thunder. Platforms at the edge should make for a good recovery option for quick attack, and should make edge guarding that much easier.

Octorockandroll

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
I've been liking tri-plats with Pichu, they seen to help you string together upairs for longer.
The reason I'm not 100% behind that is it goes both ways, Pichu is hella light so the opportunity for more vertical combos and kill options also means another way he can die early.

Also, is your avatar a damn hell rubbish Dingo pictures cow?

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
Personally i hate:
Battlefield
Pokemon stadium 1 & 2

The side platforms makes it easy for campy characters to camp pichu IMO, and the platforms deny the uthrow downb/rar downb kill confirm

Kinda like kalos, love the animal crossing stages and FD

Top Bottom