• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu Not as good as you think.

Crynomite

Smash Rookie
Despite getting incredible results thus far, I do not believe pichu is top tier. He has too many exploitable weaknesses, such as his low range and minuscule weight (dying at 30 to an f smash is not fun). This causes him to lose to most characters with anything more than slightly larger range, and I personally have trouble against heavies and zoners especially. Overall a great character with his combos, killpower, and edgeguarding, but probably on the upper end of high tier rather than top. And after getting nerfed and doing more damaged to himself, makes him easier to kill.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I’m still upset by his massive nerfs. Can they at least take away his self-damage?

xzx

Smash Lord
"Low range" yeah, but he is also a small character that is hard to hit.

"Dying to an f-smash at 30%" yeah but his f-smash also kills at 30%...

"I personally have trouble against..." then that's your problem, not the character's.

"Upper end of high tier rather than top tier" which is still crazy good. That means your character is viable! At least your character isn't mid tier or below.

No hard feelings btw. =)

BlackInk

Smash Lord
"Low range" yeah, but he is also a small character that is hard to hit.

"Dying to an f-smash at 30%" yeah but his f-smash also kills at 30%...

"I personally have trouble against..." then that's your problem, not the character's.

"Upper end of high tier rather than top tier" which is still crazy good. That means your character is viable! At least your character isn't mid tier or below.

No hard feelings btw. =)
Just because something is viable, it doesn’t mean the design isn’t trash.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Pichu is a glass cannon mixed with a lightning bruiser. There's a risk to its reward but there's balance involved. It is more than adequate imo because it can combo you for days, especially heavies. Pichu is no longer a joke character but it is not busted either. Its design separates it from being too much like Pikachu and the other characters in the game. You have to play cautiously, but the little runt is a force to be reckoned with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom