• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu main caught cheating at tournament

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
https://gamingreinvented.com/news/super-smash-bros-tournament-player-banned-cheating/

Turns out he was using a modified iso on a memory card. This would buff Pichu’s abilities to make him more ‘viable’ in competitive play, but only under very specific conditions. Like, if the player chose controller port 4, made Pichu wear goggles and held L while the game was loading. They also had to press down left on the D-pad, if that wasn’t already enough steps.

So if I chose blue Pichu without having my controller in port 4 (or simply took port 4) I could stop the cheat from happening?

xChaos

Smash Cadet
This was forever ago. Also, the article is wrong. The people that found out about the hacking didn't have the version of the hack where the changes were only active on port 4 goggle Pichu.

Also ignores the hacker's side of the story, but nobody believes him anyway.

PsychoSoldier

Smash Cadet
This was forever ago. Also, the article is wrong. The people that found out about the hacking didn't have the version of the hack where the changes were only active on port 4 goggle Pichu.

Also ignores the hacker's side of the story, but nobody believes him anyway.
lol you've instilled fear into the world

Top Bottom