• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu Ledge Invincibility?

Raidx

Smash Rookie
So I've been playing around with Pichu for a few hours with the hitboxes toggled on and it seems like Pichu could possibly have an invincible ledgestall. I've look all over the web for topics relating to this one but i didnt find anything so i decided to make this thread (my first btw lol). Basically it seems like if you angle your ledgedash at the same angle you would use to do a short wavedash ( the reason for this angle is because you lose invincibility before you can wavedash back to to ledge with a perfect ledgedash since Pichu slides too far), quickly wavedash back then fast fall to the ledge, Pichu would be invincible during that whole process. I've attempted this many times and althought a few times i got that specific ledgedash angle, i always messed up the wavedash back to the ledge. I was wondering if anybody could test this out because im very curious about this ( and i love Pichu lol). I dont know if this is already known because i couldnt find anything regarding Pichus ledge invincibility, but if it is please let me know.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
i've always thought about this but dismissed it. i just tested it in debug mode, and you're right. you shouldn't fast fall if you do it as fast as possible since you'll fall past ledge grab range.

edit: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Last edited:

Raidx

Smash Rookie
i've always thought about this but dismissed it. i just tested it in debug mode, and you're right. you shouldn't fast fall if you do it as fast as possible since you'll fall past ledge grab range.

edit: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Yea its pretty intriguing especially since theres no mentions about this anywhere (as far as im aware) and yeah i guess the fast fall part was unnecessary. Also this is my first thread so idk if im replying the right way lol.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
for replying, if you quote someone, they'll (by default) be notified. ...and that's pretty much it, so you're fine.

It makes sense to me that nobody has talked about this before. To the extent of my knowledge, all other characters with enough invincibility to do this type of ledgestall have an easier version (Fox, Falco, Ganon), and Pikachu has his QA stall. Pichu, being a terrible character (definitely less terrible with this though), comparatively wouldn't spark much discussion.

Last edited:

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
I've known about this. Another invincible stall is just falling off the ledge, jumping, and doing up b sideways. You take percent though. But it is way easier.

Top Bottom