• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu is a garbage bottom tier

D

Deleted member

Pichu has no range, self-damage, and weighs in the negatives. As such, he basically risks dying in order to get in, moreso than anyone else, and if he fails, 90% of the time he dies. He's so bad at winning that he makes other bottom tiers such as Isabelle and Ganondorf look like mid tier characters; they're so much better at what he can't do, which are more important than what he can do.

I'm seriously trying to get him (and everyone else) into Elite Smash; he's literally so close. I have no intention of even pocketing him, I just want to know how to not get punished for not having range. And no, rulesets don't make things better for him.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I’m not great with Pichu either. I know that you said rulesets don’t help, but I was able to cheese him into Elite Smash by using a “2v2, items on” ruleset. I basically just ran away and went for Pokéballs and Assists. Getting in with Pichu consistently is pretty difficult, especially online. Using a ruleset that allows him to run away really helps.

D

Deleted member

I’m not great with Pichu either. I know that you said rulesets don’t help, but I was able to cheese him into Elite Smash by using a “2v2, items on” ruleset. I basically just ran away and went for Pokéballs and Assists. Getting in with Pichu consistently is pretty difficult, especially online. Using a ruleset that allows him to run away really helps.
Your advice doesn't work at all. The game would rather put me in rulesets where Pichu gaining GSP is never a thing.

D

Deleted member

Few remember the dark days; when Pichu was S tier and dominated the meta...
Now everyone except his gods has to struggle heavily with his horrid flaws to gain GSP with him, let alone get him into Elite Smash. God, I wish ES wasn't a thing...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
I mean he’s really hard to play as but if you can get a grab then start to up air into a thunder to get coverage then go for a spike
There's just so much wrong with your comment.

1) No punctuation.
2) What does "I mean" mean?
3) DI is a thing, so this doesn't always work.

If you want me to take you seriously, fix your writing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rain0

Smash Apprentice
Pichu does play riskier compared to Pikachu, but I honestly prefer him over Pikachu (Even if Pikachu is much safer overall)

I honestly think Pichu is waaaayyyyy higher than a Bottom Tier (I'd say B Tier at best)

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Pichu's a menace if he gets in; almost as good as Falco and his older sibling, Pikachu, at keeping you stuck in a combo cutscene. His speed and small size also make him very tricky to try and hit. These are pretty glaring strengths in my opinion. Enough to put him in the upper end of mid tier.

I think your problem was that you were playing online. The added lag from online severely hurts speedy, combo-centric characters, and Pichu is one of them.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Pichu's a menace if he gets in; almost as good as Falco and his older sibling, Pikachu, at keeping you stuck in a combo cutscene. His speed and small size also make him very tricky to try and hit. These are pretty glaring strengths in my opinion. Enough to put him in the upper end of mid tier.

I think your problem was that you were playing online. The added lag from online severely hurts speedy, combo-centric characters, and Pichu is one of them.
I also think it’s worth mentioning that Pichu kills people offstage way more than Pikachu or Falco, as well as the fact that he hits like a truck.

Top Bottom