• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu in Teams? NEW

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Hey, i played pichu in teams for lulz but i legit actually like pichu as a pokemon and in smash despite some weaknesses, i have a really good time playing the character. So any data/info regarding pichu teaming with ANY character would be great. Thank you.

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
2 pichu can wobble with grab pummel it's amazing go try it vs ics in training mode.

Pichu doesn't have any really useful tools in teams but upair and f-smash. Range, air vs air and 2 vs 1 matters so much I don't know what pichu can even try besides throwing in jolts in key places

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
2 pichu can wobble with grab pummel it's amazing go try it vs ics in training mode.

Pichu doesn't have any really useful tools in teams but upair and f-smash. Range, air vs air and 2 vs 1 matters so much I don't know what pichu can even try besides throwing in jolts in key places

why 2 pichu specifically? couldnt it be p1 grabs, and p2 pummels?

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
Comet You didn't understand what I said.

Both pichu have a grab
Pichu A pummel s
Hitting nana and popo(in pichu 1 hands)
Pichu 1 pummel s and also zaps both you can wobble 2 people at once.

This can be done with pichu/pika maybe m2 because they have a special pummel that has 6 frames of stun where everyone else is 4 and pichu/pika have the fastest pummel hitting on frame 3

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
oh, you were serious about that. yeah, i guess it's possible, but that means you have to have them between two pichus when they grab, which is almost never going to happen and two pichu mains being in the same place is impossible anyway.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Pichu basically plays how sheik would in teams.
Mostly you want to chill on a platform, playing support. Then you capitilize off of whatever position your oppoents are in and try to get them offstage then you gimp them.

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
If someone told me pichu was by far the worst in teams I'd just have to say sorry, cause as shield heavy as it is and You getting punished for grabs pichu can only be a monster on a shield and hammer on it till they run off to try and double team Your partner. And pichu, s run is just below the point of being acceptable for saving team mates from like rush in, falcon, pikachu, fox, sheik, marth, luigi, ics and peach/puff coming in at an angle that nulls out speed.

Falco poping a shoot at You before starting a team combo.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I don't think pichu is the worst character in teams.
I think roy is the worst character in general. I also think bowser is worse in teams. I have opinions about a lot of other characters and how fraudulent they are in doubles too, but that's not important.

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
Double roy loses to single peach

Stocks equal of course.

As terrible as roy is in teams I'll admit he has a niche if puff is on either side with grab or the quickest random kill rest punish.

But i play teams very passive and proactive. And believe in shielding and spacing on shields are king.

Modesty

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ALIC#155
Comet You didn't understand what I said.

Both pichu have a grab
Pichu A pummel s
Hitting nana and popo(in pichu 1 hands)
Pichu 1 pummel s and also zaps both you can wobble 2 people at once.

This can be done with pichu/pika maybe m2 because they have a special pummel that has 6 frames of stun where everyone else is 4 and pichu/pika have the fastest pummel hitting on frame 3
Okay I need to try this

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
some characters have a lot of difficulty SDIing out of rapid jab against a wall if it's done quick enough. Mostly the big and/or heavy characters.

Top Bottom