• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu’s BnB’s?

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I’ve been messing around with Pichu and I like him but I haven’t really read or watched anything on how to use him. What are some important things to know about the character and what are his BnB’s? So far I’ve been getting by on how good his edgeguarding is but I know that alone won’t work against good players

Xquirtle

Smash Journeyman
Just listing stuff in no order. Down tilt and down thrown into anything. Usually you can get either of those into 1-2 up tilts, then an up air following by fair or bair. Its pretty natural flow if you mess with d tilt and d throw in the trainer, youll just figure it out. F tilt is ridiculously powerful and kills / trips. F smash and D smash kill with F smash killing stupidly early at the ledge. Up throw can combo into thunder, sometimes directly but you can also read their DI and jump in that direction and still get the spike down into Pichu. Back air is extremely powerful and has some sort of set knockback so it can kill at any % if they are near the blast zone. Bair and nair out of shield are really good and fair is still ok but not as quick. Neutral special is insanely powerful (does like 8%) and is totally worth spamming. You have to spam it like 10 times and not hit a single one for it to not come out even. You can kill people recovering with it since it has hit stun. Can send it down off the edge at an angle or spam it and let it wrap around the edge. Both randomly kill people. Down air spikes but i find that bair is often times better, especially below the stage, since it has like 2 years of hit boxes and still explodes them. Most characters making a low recovery die to a bair unless they are King Omegalul or Inkling. Side B has a crap ton of end lag but it bounces off of shields and can be hard to punish for some characters. Super easy to punish if they just dash back instead of shielding though. Lastly, up B does significantly more damage to Pichu on the second part, so avoid that if you don't need it. Also, Up B is easier to snap to the ledge if you sideways then Upwards as oppsed to upwards then sideways into the ledge. A bit harder to get used to but it does reduce up Bs onto stage, which can easily result in death

ChouX

Smash Cadet
I actually made a bread and butters combo video on my channel a week or so ago if you want visualization,

Link

If you don't wanna watch it, here's a breakdown

Combo Starters:
Dthrow, dtilt, late nair, uair

Combo Extenders:
Drag down bair, uair

Combo finishers:
Nair, fair, dair

Kill Confirms:
Single hit bair to ftilt
Uthrow -> Thunder (this can work on di if reacted and short hopped to)

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I actually made a bread and butters combo video on my channel a week or so ago if you want visualization,

Link

If you don't wanna watch it, here's a breakdown

Combo Starters:
Dthrow, dtilt, late nair, uair

Combo Extenders:
Drag down bair, uair

Combo finishers:
Nair, fair, dair

Kill Confirms:
Single hit bair to ftilt
Uthrow -> Thunder (this can work on di if reacted and short hopped to)
Also just whatched the video and it helped a lot with visulazation. I’m gonna try and get these down and then try and get good with the character and then I’ll move onto lighting loops

ChouX

Smash Cadet
Also just whatched the video and it helped a lot with visulazation. I’m gonna try and get these down and then try and get good with the character and then I’ll move onto lighting loops
Glad I could help!

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Glad I could help!
Yeah definitely! I’m excited to get used to the character and play him some. I’m really excited for lighting loops cause I played Zero in MvC3 and Pichu kind of reminds me of him in a way. A glass canon that hits like a truck with huge combo potential

Top Bottom