• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Completed Physics, Input, etc Display in Develop Mode

Sycorax

Smash Ace
Is there anyway to have the c-stick retain normal functionality in develop mode? The camera control is super helpful, but it would be nice to be able to ASDI without TDI'ing as well.

Kadano

Magical Express
Is there anyway to have the c-stick retain normal functionality in develop mode? The camera control is super helpful, but it would be nice to be able to ASDI without TDI'ing as well.
Normal C-Stick Functionality in Develop Mode [Magus]

Version| DOL Offset | Hex to Replace | ASM Code
1.00 | 0x67918 | 800D9368 -> 38000000 | (lwz r0,-27800(r13) -> li r0,0)
1.01 | 0x67A28 | 800D9368 -> 38000000 | (lwz r0,-27800(r13) -> li r0,0)
1.02 | 0x67A70 | 800D9368 -> 38000000 | (lwz r0,-27800(r13) -> li r0,0)
PAL | 0x68154 | 800D9388 -> 38000000 | (lwz r0,-27768(r13) -> li r0,0)

Last edited:

Sycorax

Smash Ace
I really appreciate you figuring that out for me, @ Kadano Kadano , but I read that and all I see is green Matrix text. I'm sure I could download a hex editor, figure out how it works, and edit the .dol file myself. Maybe this will give me the impetus to learn how to do that.

You can stop reading here if you want.
The only reason I was even able to get Magus's mod in the first place was luck. I don't have Dolphin and I had a friend mod my Wii for me, so I knew nothing of all this hacking/programming stuff. I thought Magus's mod would be an ISO which I could download and substitute for my 20XX .iso. I didn't know what a .dol was. Later, I watched a video about easily modding music on your Melee .iso and learned a little bit about .iso's, Melee files, and stuff. Poking around the files, I noticed a .dol file and things started to make sense. I tried replacing it on my 1.02 Melee iso and it worked. Now I just use it on my Wii and CRT. Ain't got no fancy hex editing or ASM coding powers or Dolphin TAS inputs.

Kadano

Magical Express
I really appreciate you figuring that out for me, @ Kadano Kadano , but I read that and all I see is green Matrix text. I'm sure I could download a hex editor, figure out how it works, and edit the .dol file myself. Maybe this will give me the impetus to learn how to do that.

You can stop reading here if you want.
The only reason I was even able to get Magus's mod in the first place was luck. I don't have Dolphin and I had a friend mod my Wii for me, so I knew nothing of all this hacking/programming stuff. I thought Magus's mod would be an ISO which I could download and substitute for my 20XX .iso. I didn't know what a .dol was. Later, I watched a video about easily modding music on your Melee .iso and learned a little bit about .iso's, Melee files, and stuff. Poking around the files, I noticed a .dol file and things started to make sense. I tried replacing it on my 1.02 Melee iso and it worked. Now I just use it on my Wii and CRT. Ain't got no fancy hex editing or ASM coding powers or Dolphin TAS inputs.
No worries, DOL mods are really easy and don’t take nearly as much work to get into as ASM (which I still haven’t gotten into).

Download HxD. Open the dol file you put into your .iso with it. Press Ctrl+G and write the number from the DOL Offset column. Here, this is 67918 since we use a 1.00 DOL and the 0x just means the value is in hex. Thus, we also select “hex” in HxD Goto window (but that’s default selection anyway). Press OK. Your cursor will be on the bottom of the window, before 80 0D. Type 38000000. Save. Put the DOL into your iso.

That’s it.

Sycorax

Smash Ace
Thanks for the help Kadano. I edited it and it's working. One thing though. Now it controls the cstick normally AND angles the camera. A little annoying but it works.

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
That sounds pretty useful, counting frames by hand is a hassle.

If you're still taking requests I have a suggestion, I don't know how feasible it is since I only got into this stuff recently.

Position, orientation, and scaling of hurtboxes and/or bones (maybe with only enough float pairs to display one at a time with a separate control to cycle through them since there are a decent bit of them). I'd like to be able like to look at this stuff to get a precise idea of animations and maybe try to figure out how Melee's bone jiggle system works (like on Fox's tail during many animations, assuming this hasn't been done already)

Thanks for all your guys' hard work by the way.
I second this! This would be huge for some projects I have going at the moment. Getting hitbox offsets has allowed me to do some really cool stuff, but being able to get bone offsets and hurtbox properties, would allow so much more.

Gentlefox

Smash Cadet
First, I just want to say: Magus, you are a god. This tool let me figure out Melee's knockback calculations, and will let me create the first interactive hitbox display.

I second this! This would be huge for some projects I have going at the moment. Getting hitbox offsets has allowed me to do some really cool stuff, but being able to get bone offsets and hurtbox properties, would allow so much more.
You could always change the bone ID for various attacks, and set the offset to 0 to get bone positions if that's what you mean.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
FYI
The following DOL edit causes a bug where some players are unable to pickup coins in a Coin Mode match.
Code:
---DOL Edits---
801A3E70     0x1A0A50     3C608042 38637940 80630004
For whatever reason, checks for player-coin collisions are accomplished every other frame for each in-game character. To check every other frame, it compares the lowest bit of the current scene frame count and the lowest bit of the player port number. If bits are equal, then perform coin collision checks. The DOL edit overrides the vanilla logic to pull the scene frame count, and instead pull the "11111" or "22222" etc. to show for which player the display is active.

Easy fix is to revert the DOL edit and just make a C2 injection at 80164B2C to pull the (player number * 11111).
Code:
C2164B2C 00000002
3C608042 80637944
60000000 00000000
... and then inject this into the DOL free space as well. Or just ignore the bug because who plays Coin Mode anyway?

Last edited:

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Alright guys I don't know if you can help me. I have tried doing shield drop notches, which I succeed, both notches have a value of 0.6750 and shield drop perfectly on the iso. But when I plug it into a gamecube or Wii it's not consistent anymore.

I have to install the driver with Zadig right? I tried two different adapters and two computers and it still give me the same values. Also, on one laptop everytime I start the iso the values are different. Also, on my main computer, the display is all messed up (develop menu and values), except for the far right value. I don't know why.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Alright guys I don't know if you can help me. I have tried doing shield drop notches, which I succeed, both notches have a value of 0.6750 and shield drop perfectly on the iso. But when I plug it into a gamecube or Wii it's not consistent anymore.

I have to install the driver with Zadig right? I tried two different adapters and two computers and it still give me the same values. Also, on one laptop everytime I start the iso the values are different. Also, on my main computer, the display is all messed up (develop menu and values), except for the far right value. I don't know why.
Make your notches while plugged into a console.

Top Bottom