• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright: The WRIGHT attorney for all your smashing needs!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

THE PHOENIX WRIGHT THREAD
For all of your Smash Attorney-ing needs

Why Phoenix?
Phoenix Wright is usually the main character, as well as the first main character of Capcom's Courtroom Simulation franchise; Ace Attorney. All phoenix wright games have been on Nintendo handhelds, and were Nintendo exclusive for a long while up until Capcom put the original trilogy games on the Apple Appstore for easy access for more casual fans, or fans who may have missed out on one of the games. out of Capcom's IPs the Ace Attorney franchise is most connected to Nintendo only after Megaman and apparently Street Fighter. Seeing as Capcom got Megaman in SSB4, and knowing Capcom, it isn't entirely unreasonable they may push for a more relevant character in the eyes of Capcom, and what better character than Phoenix himself?

Movesets!
None currently, and that's where you come in! I'll gladly add any movesets and give you credit for making them.

Music

FEATURED TRACK:
Pursuit ~ Cornered (Cadenza Remix)
Pursuit ~ Cornered
Objection! 2001
Pursuit ~ Cross-Examination
Questioning ~ Moderato 2001
Phantom ~ UNKNOWN
Theme of Phoenix Wright
I'm always up for music suggestions, so feel free to suggest some!

Thread Ownership Change Log:
5/2/14 - legendofrob1 is the new owner of this thread, replacing lobotheduck21.
[collapse=lobotheduck21's old OP is here]
OBJECTION, there is no phoenix wright thread, which one of my clients will create one - said Phoenix Wright

I WILL I WILL- shouted a gun wielding cannibal duck

any one want chimchangas? - asked deadpool

4th party rule! - yelled sakarai and kicked deadpool off this very serious thread

In case you didn't notice, this is a phoenix wright support thread

Phoenix Wright is the main character of the best selling evidence gathering and interigating game for the ds and wil

This thread will show evidence and argue why Phoenix Wright should be in this game

[COLLAPSE="Movesets"]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHN3GAna2AQ
looking for more
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Arguments and Counter Arguments"]
The Capcom Representative is Most Likely Megaman

With the way capcom has been treating mega man this isn't exactly the truest thing, plus he hasn't had a non wiiware game since 2008 until the release of an iOS game.

But lawyers can't fight

UMvC3

[/COLLAPSE]

Show your support for this fun and wacky character.

CHIMICHANGAS

[COLLAPSE="Music"]
UMVC3 Themehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbv5AJDh9o8&list=PL4161FC1259DD71B6

Turnabout Mode
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP9PoBlFDp4&list=PL4161FC1259DD71B6

The fragrance of dark coffee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k

[/COLLAPSE][/collapse]

If you want to show your support like this post! it's a lot more convenient than me having to add people to a list every time we get a new supporter.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Um........Megaman has gotten a new game recently for iOS.

it's an X series game but still a new Megaman game.

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
I loved the Ace Attorney games, and would love it if Wright was successfully implemented into Sm4sh. As long as he isn't as umm... trash as he was in UMvC3, he's got a supporter right here. But ecen if he did, I'd still pick him.

:phone:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
maybe they could base a few moves from his appearence in MvC3. already being in a fighting game helps when making movesets...

but I think the poster above might send an objection to me... oh well...

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
maybe they could base a few moves from his appearence in MvC3. already being in a fighting game helps when making movesets...

but I think the poster above might send an objection to me... oh well...
OBJECTION! loljk

I think having a few of his UMvC3 moves would be nice. He was a character with an interesting moveset, it's just he had too many flaws when compared to other characters. You can tell Capcom tried to get the whole Phoenix Wright feel with the whole investigation, trial, and turnabout modes, but it just meant you had to put in more work.

As long as Nintendo can successfully add Wright without making him bad, I say go for it.

:phone:

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
There wasn't a Phoenix Wright thread yet? How is this possible when there are so many fringe characters that do have theirs?
At any rate, I'd love to have this guy in Smash but Capcom has so many cool characters to pick from that only having one would be a disservice to them. While it makes sense from both sides that if any character makes it, they'd stick to 1, I'd love for there to be about 3 as to represent all the Capcom games that have been on Nintendo consoles through the years. Megaman, Phoenix Wright, Amaratsu(Okami), Viewtiful Joe, hell maybe even throw in Leon Kennedy(Resident Evil) if somehow Snake gets cut, they're all possibilities.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
So, does anyone think that, considering both:

A ) Megaman just got announced,

and

B ) Capcom has already shown through UMvC3, that they are willing,

Phoenix Wright is actually legitimately possible to be in Smash now? After all, we know that the 3DS version's stages will focus more on portable offerings, so a PW stage on 3DS would fit perfectly with that, AND mainline PW releases that aren't remakes or HD upgrades have been on nothing but Nintendo systems. Seems like his chances may have gone up.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, does anyone think that, considering both:

A ) Megaman just got announced,

and

B ) Capcom has already shown through UMvC3, that they are willing,

Phoenix Wright is actually legitimately possible to be in Smash now? After all, we know that the 3DS version's stages will focus more on portable offerings, so a PW stage on 3DS would fit perfectly with that, AND mainline PW releases that aren't remakes or HD upgrades have been on nothing but Nintendo systems. Seems like his chances may have gone up.
Just the opposite.

He has no chance now.

Capcom just got a character and I doubt Sakurai will address them for another character, specially since he's picky about third parties.

This is coming from a huge Ace Attorney fan.... :(

D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie... but he would be a very poor choice.

Capcom's got its biggest character in, and despite Ace Attorney proliferating on the GameBoy Advance in Japan, I don't think they will put him in.

Plus, to me, he's one of Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3's worst characters, since you can do yourself in without meaning to.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Plus, to me, he's one of Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3's worst characters, since you can do yourself in without meaning to.
Not the way I use him!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I still hate how he was implemented. He was funny fo what? 5 minutes? Not a good joke character. Also Falcon PAWNCH>>>>>>>Objection!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I didn't read the OP. I didn't read anybody else's post.

I'm just going to leave a big YES PLEASE OH GOD YES here.
*points to avatar*

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Of course you'd want him. :laugh:

Nice avatar. :p
To be honest, I've only ever played through the first game completely.
Though it left me giddy. I like the character. He's the reason I got UMvC3.

Though honestly I probably wouldn't play as him much because he's not my favorite character in the roster so far if he was in it.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
I'd love for Phoenix Wright to get in, but Capcom already has a representative, so he's unlikely :/

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
He can be the deadliest Assist Trophy in the game. He just shows up, slams his hands down on the stand....

OBJECTION!!!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
He can be the deadliest Assist Trophy in the game. He just shows up, slams his hands down on the stand....

OBJECTION!!!
Or he would begin an argument as to why his summoner should not be allowed to be attacked, during this time all attaccks directed at his summoner will be countered and deal 100% damage to the one who tried to attack him, with very strong knockback as well.

Sinn

Smash Lord
To be honest, I've only ever played through the first game completely.
Though it left me giddy. I like the character. He's the reason I got UMvC3.

Though honestly I probably wouldn't play as him much because he's not my favorite character in the roster so far if he was in it.
Somehow the first game in the series I played was Justice For All, and I think that it's even better than the original, especially the final case. Then Trials and Tribulations just blew all of that out of the water (points to avatar). I highly recommend playing through 'em.

But as far as his Smash chances, I'd have to agree that having another Capcom character feels unlikely with Sakurai's policy on third parties. And I'll be the first to admit that as much as I love Phoenix and his games (probably my favorite franchise right now), Mega Man definitely is a more iconic Nintendo character that I feel fits better as a Smash character. All in all, not disappointed in the slightest. Phoenix would still be nice to have, but right now I've got hopes for him in a "maybe someday" box.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
We can still dream.

Imagine them adding Godot to Smash someday. I think that would be the only inclusion that would make me cry.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Great series, great character. I'll admit, I kinda really, REALLY want him in now.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Phoenix Wright is perhaps my favorite character as Ace Attorney is my favorite game series next to Smash Bros...but wow it's suuuch a longshot. Capcom has already got their third party character in and Wright is by no means a mascot. And even though Wright and Megaman share a company doesnt mean they share a universe so assist trophy is unlikely as well! (Like if when Sonic was in Brawl we got a Super Monkey Ball Assist Trophy or something) but maybe someday if Ace Attorney somehow drifts over to becoming Nintendo's property we could see him in SSB5 or 6...?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I support, because of the music we will undoubtedly get with his inclusion.

like this!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Feenie is probably one of my most favorite video game characters ever. I play as him in UMvC3 all the time, probably the first fighting game character I ever really tried to understand and learn to play as seriously.

Next best Capcom character I personally think (Amaterasu is a close third).

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm bumping this.

Phoenix would be a good guy to have in smash, he'd solve all the debates of who's the better player before the match even starts!

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I would love to see Ace Attorney get representation. Given the choice I'd pick Phoenix over Megaman, no question.

I feel that the only chance Phoenix has at this stage is if the whole Namco assists/special flag thing extends to Sega and Capcom. (So they get their own assist trophies)

That's one mighty stretch though, it's more likely the special flag is a perk Namco get for working on the game.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wish we could have had both Phoenix and Layton, then we can have a real Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright battle! : D

But oh well, I can't see Phoenix making it in as much as I would have loved to see him. Seeing Layton at least would be nice.... :/

Sonsa

Smash Champion

I LOVE the trailer they made for the trilogy. it's pretty awesome.
Their trailers always get the hype going! It's probably because of the awesome music. A great games gatta have a great soundtrack!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
CAPCOM AND THEIR IPs ARE FOR SALE.

this could be what we need, especially if nintendo buys capcom as a whole.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
CAPCOM AND THEIR IPs ARE FOR SALE.

this could be what we need, especially if nintendo buys capcom as a whole.
HOLY crap. I came in here to see what rationalizations people had for including Phoenix Wright in Smash (Sorry guys, as much as I would love to see him in Smash I didn't think it was likely) and now I see this....wow. I thought Capcom would always be around but I guess even rocks crumble eventually. I knew something like this was going to happen when even Keiji Inafune left the company a few years back. I think there's actually a miniscule chance we'll see Phoenix show up in some capacity in Smash then, not Smash 4 of course but the next Smash. Nintendo is actually in the best position to do a buyout in terms of company relations, being a fellow Japanese developer, and having the funds to do so, I would think.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I think the most we could hope for is:

1. Nintendo buys Capcom
2. Capcom DLC character pack for smash
3. ???
4. Profit.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If only Level-5 was up for grabs.... Or at least the Layton series, assuming Nintendo would buy it.

Wait, this is an actual thing, not a rumour or something?

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
If only Level-5 was up for grabs.... Or at least the Layton series, assuming Nintendo would buy it.

Wait, this is an actual thing, not a rumour or something?
Actual thing announced by capcom, not a rumor. they are up for grabs. it's all over the social thread these past couple days.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Actual thing announced by capcom, not a rumor. they are up for grabs. it's all over the social thread these past couple days.
Well then, while I'm not sure how this would turn out for Capcom's employees (I hope they do still get to work around, would suck if they got all sacked or something) It is pretty interesting that they are up for grabs for other companies now.

I do hope Nintendo would be the one to get ahold of them then. And hopefully they and their various iconic series can continue on with Nintendo. Plus Megaman is cool, but having Phoenix in Smash too would just be plain awesome! (plus it might also push the Layton fandom to have Layton in Smash too so we can have a real Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright! :p)

Top Bottom